Show Yourselves!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice mate- love the hills and mountains myself. Done a lot of Wales (66 summits) and a bit of lake and Peak District and 6 months in the alps.

Never walked in Scotland though which needs to be done because there is some of the worlds best walks up there. 700 million years in the making. Love it!

Jez

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Nice mate- love the hills and mountains myself. Done a lot of Wales (66 summits) and a bit of lake and Peak District and 6 months in the alps.

Never walked in Scotland though which needs to be done because there is some of the worlds best walks up there. 700 million years in the making. Love it!

Oh after the Bromance of CE2 we are gonna have to do Fort William and all that.
SWFUK 3 Peaks challenge, go!!

Ron

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
Ah is Ron the walker? Couldn't remember who that was. I'm off to Fort William Sunday next week to spend 6 days being self sufficient in the hills before coming back to the North Yorkshire Moors for another 4. :D

Yeah am the walker. Just about completed the munros. Every hill/ mountain in scotland over 3000ft. There is 282 off them. I have 1 left to do.
Was in a place called knoydart this week. the most remote part off scotland. Did 46km with 3869meters off ascent in 17.5 hours off walking

Also trying to join torridon mountain rescue at the moment.

What hills did you do in Fort william

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Looking a bit toasty there Rich! :)

Didn't realise we has so many out door types on here. Breaks my vision of a bunch of speckie geeks huddled round a computer knocking one out to Karens sandcrawler. :lol: ... Or is that just me :lol:

Ron: that's a bloody massive hike mate...12,000 feet of assent. Wow! That's huge.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:

Wow Grant that's impressive. I don't recall doing any walking in Wales

Richard_H

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
3 peaks challenge in stormtrooper outfits.

We tried to do the 3 peaks in Easter but snow was a concern. And if you can't manage it in 24 hours then... :D

We're going to do it next year and then hopefully Killimanjaro (sp?) in 2 years

Richard_H

Grand Master
Ron said:
Cc4rhu said:
Ah is Ron the walker? Couldn't remember who that was. I'm off to Fort William Sunday next week to spend 6 days being self sufficient in the hills before coming back to the North Yorkshire Moors for another 4. :D

Yeah am the walker. Just about completed the munros. Every hill/ mountain in scotland over 3000ft. There is 282 off them. I have 1 left to do.
Was in a place called knoydart this week. the most remote part off scotland. Did 46km with 3869meters off ascent in 17.5 hours off walking

Also trying to join torridon mountain rescue at the moment.

What hills did you do in Fort william

I'm a ***** compared to that! When I did my ML training the assessor was telling me about spending a fortnight in knoydart (which I could never find on a map because I was looking for Noydark lol). I recall that the nearest road was 3 days walk and then there was a ring of hills which you could walk in a week and then 3 days back out?

Didn't do a lot at Fort William mainly was based North of Spean Bridge heading towards Laggan. Never been at that bit before, usually based at Aviemore and Tomatin.

2 days ago headed to Glen Shiel and enjoyed Coire na Craileig. Stayed at Altbeith YhA and then headed out to Morvich via Meall a Bhealaich. My spell check is going nuts.
Yesterday went South to through Kintail but didn't try the Five Sisters :(
Picked up the old military road and did Bealach , Chaolis and Foachag.
Burnt a fair bit was very hot!

chazb73

Sith Lord
Top man - sounds great mate

Scotland is smashing when the weather is hot and sunny (which isnt very often) :lol:

rob71

Sith Lord
Apart from the midgies :x ... did Ben Nevis and a few others (can't remember all the names but pretty sure we did some abseiling near Gairloch?) on a school trip once. Great times :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
chazb73 said:
Top man - sounds great mate

Scotland is smashing when the weather is hot and sunny (which isnt very often) :lol:

Been bloody hot these last couple of days! Been busy with work and outside all day - would quite like some rain now :eek:

chazb73

Sith Lord
PIGCITY said:
I rarely venture any further North than the M25 but I've heard its very nice.

:lol: Anything above Watford is the North! - thats what I was told when I lived in the south :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom