Rubbish eBay Packing - What Should I Do?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I always politely request that items I buy on ebay are packed carefully. I've had stuff arrive damaged due to inadequate packaging on a number of occasions and it's not doing anyone any harm to ask. I've actually had sellers reply, asking for packaging advice. I don't really get why it's such a problem to ask this? It's certainly not worth getting stressed over :?

Markzane

Padawan
I buy a lot from ebay and things rarely arrived really well packed, most Moc's arrive in one flimsy box with a small amount of bubble wrap inside if your lucky, it's a miracle more haven't been damaged. This is even after asking for them to be well packed.

Ebay actually sent me a warning the other day about making too many claims against sellers. I pointed out that vintage star wars is a minefield with repro, items not as described, and things getting damaged due to being poorly packaged. In 100 items bought 4 things arrived damaged, 3 repros and 6 things weren't dispatched within 2 weeks and went missing ( I actually won them at a bargain price by finding poorly listed items)

But its all my fault apparently for not asking more questions and telling the seller how to pack things and that I'm breaking the terms of agreement by not doing this. A lot of sellers get quite hostile about being told how to pack something and some have no idea if something is repro or not. EBay don't seem to care much what condition things arrive in as long as they get the fees!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom