Rogue one *full trailer* released (SPOILERS)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's almost as if one epic new SW film in a year wasn't enough. This is going to be epic on a scale not seen before. TFA was awesome, but this? This??

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I was at the panel in Anaheim where they gave us the first details of this film. I was really excited by what I heard. I get that stylistically it is going to be different from the ot. I think that's what I liked about it.

The nine films will be shot in the way that they are shot. But think about it. So much of the sw universe has been explored through the animated series and computer games, as well as the comics. I like the fact they can play with some of these stories. I hope we do get quite a gritty, dark war film here. Why not. All the ingredients are there for an epic film.

I know we are going to have the Han/lando/boba story. I would love to see it shot like a western in space. The characters and their background fit, so why not. Smugglers, bounty hunters, gamblers and scoundrels.

I can't wait for this film.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
The more I watch it the more I like.

Although I am not a huge fan of the prequels - I do like the nod to them with the transitional scenes. Like her re-programmed battle-droid thing. The first stormtrooper scene when they come around on the tank, it looks like 2 of them riding on there are wearing clone trooper outfits.

Rumours that Donnie Yen is the blind force-sensitive guy? I can get on board with that.

The director says this is more of a war film - seems to be from this teaser.

I cant feckin wait to be fair.

Joe

Grand Master
Not sure if I'm liking it or not yet! I've watched it about 4 times and I really only get on board towards the end when the Rebels are running towards the AT-AT's and the logo comes up at the end playing both themes together (that's awesome!) but the rest of it seems a bit "fan made".

Not knocking it, I'm sure it will be awesome and I will definitely go see it but I think for me it's a little hard to get super excited about a movie where the only real familiar faces are ERG's and Stormtroopers, I'm sure I'll come round..I'll go watch it another 4 times now ;)

mumbo

Sith Lord
I'm feeling it.

How good does Mon Motha look, in the 30+ years that have passed since ROTJ she hasn't aged one bit.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It all looks great, but it's left me feeling a little cold. Certainly NOTHING like the first proper TFA trailer- I was in bits after that and couldn't stop watching it.

Joe

Grand Master
mumbo said:
I'm feeling it.

How good does Mon Motha look, in the 30+ years that have passed since ROTJ she hasn't aged one bit.

:lol:

You need to put in a funny face when you make a silly joke or people like me think you are serious :D

BTW where on earth is your brother???

mumbo

Sith Lord
Joe said:
mumbo said:
I'm feeling it.

:lol:

You need to put in a funny face when you make a silly joke or people like me think you are serious :D

BTW where on earth is your brother???

Why is it not the same actress :? ................................................... :lol: (that better :wink: )

I know he's been absent for a while now, recently gave him one of the celebration t-shirts and he said he'd pop on but that was last week and nothing :roll: everyone should send him a PM asking after him, that should do the trick :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I didn't feel the initial feelings as I did when I saw TFA teaser, but I don't think that was likely.

TFA was the first sight of new star wars after nearly 10 years of thinking it was something we'd never see.

I think the full impact of that was a one time thing. It's almost old news now...you can't really have that first time feeling again.

I was slightly disappointed by TFA, but still can't wait for this new one...or ep8...wonder when the first teaser for that will be? 8)

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Joe said:
Not sure if I'm liking it or not yet! I've watched it about 4 times and I really only get on board towards the end when the Rebels are running towards the AT-AT's and the logo comes up at the end playing both themes together (that's awesome!) but the rest of it seems a bit "fan made".

Not knocking it, I'm sure it will be awesome and I will definitely go see it but I think for me it's a little hard to get super excited about a movie where the only real familiar faces are ERG's and Stormtroopers, I'm sure I'll come round..I'll go watch it another 4 times now ;)

That sums it up for me, I really want to like it but the trailer just doesn't hit the spot..
Also that siren is so annoying!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Oddly (compared to many of the comments above), this trailer has really got me hooked far more than the TFA one (second one).
I never really reacted to the whole mushy "Chewie Were Home" line... it felt too much like they were trying to pull on heart strings and I'm pretty heartless... :? I did (for TFA) get a small tug with the 'this Christmas' text followed by the X-Wings. My favourite part of the trailer and subsequently favourite scene in TFA was the scavenging inside the wrecked star destroyer...

This one though feels exciting, it looks dark, there is a focus on grit, dirt. It has an ESB epic scene and pan feel to it, it looks huge which appeals to me as well as the sense of evil and war coming. I can't stop watching it again and again, far more than TFA one... there is so much detail, the scale of the star destroyers like pins of light against the Death Stars cannon as its fitted is stunning. As mentioned the link to the prequels in the droids and uniforms is great, might finally bring it more together as one universe and timeline at least (if not give the actual films redemption for most fans) as for the ninja/shogun warrior (Jedi?)!!! :eek: Love it...

I can see them dropping all the gags in this one too, which although I know were popular in TFA, didn't work for me. Could this even be the first Star Wars film actually made for an adult audience (ignoring that TFA was clearly aimed at adult fans as much as its core 10 year old audience)... :shock:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Rumour has it that we will be seeing Vader dueling with Alien and Predator :lol:

inzaman

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
inzaman said:
This looks simply amazing, proper old school feel.
Man if the TFA hype pushed vintage values up, this is going to send them into the stratosphere with the ANH tie in.

Don't say that, I'm still after some 20 backs. :eek:
Ha Ha yeah. In fact maybe now is the time to invest in some ATATs :shock: :D :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's funny you mention AT-ATs, I had a dream last night and had 5 vintage AT-ATs but only one set of chin guns. Lined them all up in my front room, random dream.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom