Premier League 23/24 Thread

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Wouldn't have had any complaints if Coufal had seen a red. Not really sure how he got away with that one- awful challenge. He was really on one vs Wolves- not really sure what was going on, but it wasn't good.

Saw bits of Brentford/Villa- was embarrassing to watch towards the end. Martinez is infuriating! These guys need to remember that they are role models. You've got Coufal assaulting people, teams having mass scuffles, feigning injuries, cheating. Not good. It really does rub off on kids.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, that Coufal one is a red card all day. I heard Villa Brentford got a bit silly. And I agree on Martinez, he strikes me a right wanker.

Forrest sack Steve Cooper, they haven't been doing great recently but looking at the table, what sides above them do they think they are better than? As for appointing Nuno……hhhmmmmm. I know @edd_jedi really rates him though 😉

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
He seemed to do well at Wolves, I think he only lasted about 8 games at Spurs. Hasn't he just been sacked by a Saudi team? That doesn't bode well...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He has aye. And the Forest fans loved Cooper. I could see Nuno getting fired before the end of the season and Forest turning in to a shambles

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Spurs may have been unlucky to lose to West Ham a couple of weeks ago, but we were bloody lucky to beat Everton today. Some absolutely shocking defending, let off only by some equally shocking finishing by Everton, they could easily have scored 5 or 6. I said a few weeks ago that our current defence (without Van Der Ven) reminds me of the Poch era - literally every time we get the ball we give it away, every clearance goes straight to an Everton player, I don't know how it's possible to be that bad! Desperately need some defensive back up in the January window - Royal, Dier, Davies, Skipp, just nowhere near good enough for a CL chasing team.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, that Odegaard non handball gets given a lot more than it doesn't get given. Between that and the 15 on one where Trent managed to hit the bar, Pool probably dropped two points there. Still, not a bad result but those are the fine margins that decide final league places at the end of the season.

I saw most of the first hour of WH Utd, dear god that was as shite as Pool Utd. There is one common denominator too…..

Also nice to see plucky little Man City win the World Club Cup. A true underdog story that warms the cockles of your heart…..115 times.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Utd scored a goal!!!!!
In fact they scored three and came from 2 down to win. It's a festive miracle.

Though Onana continues to look like a competition winner. 50m quid for someone who wont leave is own goal line, even if the ball bounces in his six yard box.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I watched the United game last night and I think the commentator said that was the first goal(s) they had scored for 400 minutes or something!?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Romero out for 5 weeks. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, might save us a few red cards but he scores quite a few as well. Surely this injury plague has to end soon :LOL:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
A LOT of clubs with big old injury problems ATM. Newcastle, Spurs, Utd have a good few out, Pool have 6/7 out and Jota just back. Bournemouth struggling too.

lejackal

Grand Master
WH seemed to 'want' it more at times. They were a tiny bit lucky with the first (luck being the lack of a camera angle) but Arsenal should have had 1 or 2 by then anyway (based on dominance)

Always thought we should have given Mavropanos a chance rather than take the 57p Stuttgart paid.

Fair play to the hammers, turned up, had a plan and executed it. Arsenal lacked a cutting edge.

Don't think I'll lose too much sleep, this won't be the reason we don't with the PL.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
We were superb. No chance of going toe to toe with such a good passing team, especially with the loss of Paqueta and the two centre halves. Tactically spot on and as you say, Carl, think we just wanted it that little bit more. Arsenal just didn't have the quality in front of goal tonight and the whole WH team defended like their lives depended on it. Pleased for Mav- fantastic header!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And speaking of wanting it more, Spurs were abysmal last night, the laziest defensive display I've seen all season. Too much turkey over Xmas maybe!

And of course we had the usual Spurs luck, which other team has 2 goals disallowed and 2 penalties given against them in one match! 🙄 all correct decisions, but come on…

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And as we all love a VAR debate, maybe somebody can explain how that's not a straight red when Spurs have had about 3 players sent off in recent games for similar tackles?

IMG_4538.jpeg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That WH opener was probably over the line, but no camera angle to prove it so you stick with the on-field call. TBF the lino was directly in line, albeit the wrong side of the goal.

I watched most of the Brighton Spurs game, Brighton should have been four up at HT. Danny Wellbeck was Spurs best player. How that fecker gets picked I do not know, he was utterly dire.

And yeah, Dunk should have gone there @edd_jedi

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Well that was two **** teams playing **** football.

Utd produce the dullest game football has ever seen at Anfield, try to repeat it at the London Stadium, stink out OT for 45 mins against Villa and then look even worse than a side two places above the drop zone. There is a lot to be said for Chris Sutton's claim that they are the most boring team in the PL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom