Palitoy 12 back Ben AFA40

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Sometimes grading is just not worth it and this is a case in point. Who would want an AFA40? Surely the lowest score for any graded Palitoy 12 back ever. A serious lack of judgement to have this graded. To be honest I don't think it's worth more than £300-£400 but £1800, sigh. :roll: I think he'll be hanging on to this one for a very long time!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palitoy-S...UK-1978-AFA-/141765333837?hash=item2101df534d

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
This is the guy who bought some auction stuff to flip, sent them to UKG, got terrible grades, complained, popped most out of the cases and then sent them to AFA hoping for better grades. He didn't get them :D I'd have loved to have seen his face when he opened the AFA package.

The last pic in the group shows he originally got a Y60 from UKG, but obviously he got a much worse grade from AFA. It might not look so bad cased up but I'm sure the card has a terrible fold from top to bottom. The respective grades flies in the face of those who say UKG grade more harshly than AFA.

Whatever happens, he's sitting on a massive loss (cost + AH fees + UKG grading + AFA grading & P&P + final seller fees!!) which is quite good I think because it's a deterrent to others who might want to try the same thing :p

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
He's been listing these for what seems like years, I always smile when they pop up again for the umpteenth time. Here's a hint buddy - try lowering your prices. It's the basic rule of selling, if an item doesn't shift then reduce the price till it does.

itfciain

Grand Master
This was also the chap who sold his Hammerhead only for someone to buy and re-list within a couple of days for another 200GBP (sure it didn't sell)

When you factor in the time, hassle and cost of sending it to both graders then no wonder he is in for so much on these - still reckon it needs a few more years of serious inflation before that becomes a good price for an AFA40!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Can't say I feel sorry for the guy!

Would get more for it ungraded for sure. But nowhere near £1800 :eek: :shock: :roll:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
This guy is a bit of a joke :!: I don't like his tactics on his listings, it is like he is trying to mislead people :!:
He also doesn't know his stuff. A while ago he listed a Palitoy 45b grey hair Ben for an extortionate price claiming it was the earliest MOC Palitoy grey hair example known to exist when he was told a number of times and shown pictures of a grey hair 45a :!:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom