Other Vintage Collections

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
So adds comic and repaired the tears ( only the original litho that was still there but screwed up and attached to top of bubble, think this has come out well as an all original reseal, very pleased with it

Attachments

• IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 88

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another top reseal Mike and it's great to see your non SW collection expanding :D

I need to post up my latest vintage oddness I've come across so I'll probably see you back here soon.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here are my latest vintage finds :D

They're called Super Fantastics/Diabolics and are from the Airgam Boys series which was released in Spain during the mid 80's. I only discovered these recently and love their childlike charm and quirkiness although they do take a fair few liberties from both Playmobile and Marvel :lol:

I bought 5 of them together and the seller sent them in a big box that contained loads of other vintage Spanish/Portuguese Marvel and DC items that he said were a gift! I was totally floored by their generosity and it's so good to know that there are still lovely people out there (other than you lot on this forum!).

These are from series one and I will probably pick up the couple of remaining ones from this series over time as well as some from series two but I'm in no rush now that I have this little lot. After pretty much completing my Tomland/AHI run I was after last year it's nice to have something new to lookout for and I'm just glad that there always seems to be something new to discover all of the time.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1994 (1).jpg
    IMG_1994 (1).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 84

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
They look interesting Ian, from th 80 s and aligned to Batman, Spider-Man etc, pretty cool figures

There are so many different options for collecting different types of figures, really good to see what there is out there

This range is really interesting and would be quite easy to get into.

conradrithblat

Padawan
I've recently completed a few sets so i thought I'd share a few pics:

Battlestar Galactica (Mattel) 1978

'The Legend Of The Lone Ranger' & 'Zorro' (Gabriel) 1980 & 1981

Universal Mini Monsters (Remco) 1980

Flash Gordon (Mattel) 1979 & 1980

Dukes Of Hazzard (Mego) 1981

Comic Action Heroes (Mego) 1975

Pocket Super Heroes & Greatest American Hero (Mego) 1979, 1980 & 1981

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
conradrithblat said:

Great collection, particularly like the Battle Star figures.
Why do you have two Daisy Dukes? :lol: :wink:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Battlestar galactica run is brill I could easily get into those ! and love the Universal monsters as well.
Great collection of figures there mate 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that's an amazing collection of complete runs you have there :eek: :D

They all look to be in amazing condition and I have a few of those runs but all are incomplete (except for the Remo monsters which I have both glow and non glow sets), so well done sir!

I'll be looking at these again really soon I can tell and thanks for posting them up, let's keep this thread rolling since we're off to such a great start to the year with it :D

Ian

conradrithblat

Padawan
Thanks !
In regard to having 2 Daisy Dukes, they are the long & short hair variants. In the same picture are the 2 Luke Duke & Bo Duke head mold variants.

Palifan

Sith Lord
conradrithblat said:
Thanks !
In regard to having 2 Daisy Dukes, they are the long & short hair variants. In the same picture are the 2 Luke Duke & Bo Duke head mold variants.

You just reminded me that there are also two different straight legged Spiderman versions, the red arm version you have and one with blue upper arms.

Maybe one more for the list?

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 53

conradrithblat

Padawan
Yes I've noticed that before, but I'm happy to have the blue armed on the comic action hero figure & red/blue arm on the pocket super hero figure.
Lovely display by the way. :(

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Here are my latest vintage finds :D

They're called Super Fantastics/Diabolics and are from the Airgam Boys series which was released in Spain during the mid 80's. I only discovered these recently and love their childlike charm and quirkiness although they do take a fair few liberties from both Playmobile and Marvel :lol:

I bought 5 of them together and the seller sent them in a big box that contained loads of other vintage Spanish/Portuguese Marvel and DC items that he said were a gift! I was totally floored by their generosity and it's so good to know that there are still lovely people out there (other than you lot on this forum!).

These are from series one and I will probably pick up the couple of remaining ones from this series over time as well as some from series two but I'm in no rush now that I have this little lot. After pretty much completing my Tomland/AHI run I was after last year it's nice to have something new to lookout for and I'm just glad that there always seems to be something new to discover all of the time.

Ian

What an excellent collection! I've not seen these before either, but they're really quite charming and also in excellent condition, by the looks of things. Many thanks for sharing them :)

Jeremy

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
conradrithblat said:

Simply superb! Many congratulations on completing all these wonderful figure runs. Although Star Wars was always my first toy love, I remember many of these from my own childhood (mostly in friends' toy collections), so it's terrific to see them again.

Thanks for sharing such a fabulous collection :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
conradrithblat said:
That was supposed to be a :D

Thanks and I don't remember really going for this variant of Spiderman but it was just something that came with something else I bought so I can see how just one of these figures is enough.

Really great collection though and looking forward to seeing any more vintage bits that you might have tucked away.

Ian

conradrithblat

Padawan
OK, a few more sets:

The Black Hole (Mego) 1979 (OLD B.O.B. is more battle-damaged than he should be & no Humanoid figure)

Buck Rogers (Mego) 1978

Star Trek The Motion Picture (Mego) 1979 & 1980 (no Betelgusian figure)

Clash Of The Titans (Mattel) 1980

CHiPs (Mego) 1980

The Love Boat (Mego) 1981

Mork With Egg Ship (Mattel) 1979

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well you really do have some amazing collections there, just what I like to see. The old Bob and black Star are tough to find as well as some of those Star Trek ones.

Really nice collection and I've thought of completing sets of most of those over the years but never pulled the trigger. Out of interest I have the reaper looking figure from Clash of The Titans and wondered if his sword is a unique sculpt or the same as the other characters?

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some fantastic collections here,
Palitoy do like those Battlestar figures. I might try and do a run of loose figures at some, what are the prices like of loose or carded figures?

Top Bottom