New Clone Wars series (pilot movie)

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Surprised no-one's started a discussion regarding this yet. Saw it in the cinema yesterday. Seriously disappointed. Didn't have overly high expectations, but I found it bloody annoying in far too many places and too childish. Ahsoka was cocky (and far too good for a newbie in battle) - ability almost seemed on a par with Anakin for much of the film. Ridiculous. Hated the childish sniping banter. Also felt the jokes fell flat and hated the way they tried to make the droids come across as bufoons. Appreciate the series is aimed at kids, but doesn't mean I have to like it. Bugger. Will probably still watch the series tho... and buy the DVDs! :roll:

burnsy

Sith Lord
Good post to start. I'm off to see it with my 3 and a half year old over the weekend and really looking forward to it. I don't expect to much, really just expecting a kids film. Finley is dying to see it. My review will be hear soon....

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Seen the ads for it on TV and it doesn't look great. I saw a review of it and they panned it as well. :?

Anyone else seen it?
Has Lucas picked up where he left off with Episode 1-3!?

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
To be honest I thought most people would hate it - given many folk's view of episode 1. Over on theforce.net the consensus seems to be widespread approval. Guess they have many younger fans, but it just didn't sit right with me. Strange thing is I will still watch it! Its set in between eps 2 and 3 - SPOILER BELOW:

Anikan seems to be a fully fledged jedi from the off... and has been given a padawan. Annoying little mouthy bitch of one and all.

I have much higher hopes for the upcoming live action series.

spoons

Grand Master
I was going to wait til it was on tv/dvd and watch it with my kids - I hate to say it but its a film too far..

spoons

Grand Master
I was quite looking forward to the new ones - even though they weren't much cop. This one has come too soon after them.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
saw it last week and thought it was ok.

My kids liked it and my mates 7 year old loved it!

Can't belive no one has commented on Jabba's gay (cartman voiced) cousin yet :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously think Lucas has lost it :roll:

galactic1

Youngling
Yes, the gay voice was a disaster. I heard a kid ask his parents if that was a man or woman. The species, I believe, is supposed to be born asexual... but even with that in mind it made no sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom