Need valuation help :)

Padowan-dk

Hello guys

I recently digged out my vintage star wars gear/merchandice... Vintage... hmm that made me feel old :shock:
My meaning is to pass on to my sons age 7 and 8 as they through the clone wars series has become quite fond of the toys... My only second thoughts are "what if theres something valuable between the collection" ?

So anyone with the expertice that can give a heads up and say, hey maybe you should remove that figure/rig/magazine etc from the claws of the 2 small devils :twisted:

Pictures can be seen here : http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v311/pudlian/Star%20wars/
I think i have most of the original weapons to the figures but cant remember which goes where :?
Most of the comics are in danish as is one of the cassettes/booklet and the POTF catalogue

Regards
Tonny

Joe

Grand Master
Nice collection!

You can check here for a full list of figures + weapons to match them up - http://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp

You have a couple of Power Of the Force figures (General Madine, Anakin) which usually sell a bit higher than the others but the majority of your figures (although you have a lot!) are quite common. Averaging £5-8 each, perhaps a bit more if in good condition + complete.

Your magazines are a bit more niche and paperwork is less interesting to many collectors however the POTF catalogue and the instructions are of interest.

The cardbacks are cool but not worth loads, £1-3 on average with a few slightly more valuable ones in the mix.

All the best :)

Joe

Grand Master
Oh and I am crap with mini rigs and vehicles so I pass on those although I didn't see anything very rare - majority are probably worth £5-15 (Mini rigs/AT-ST) to 30-40 (AT-AT/Falcon etc)

Padowan-dk

Joe said:
Nice collection!

You can check here for a full list of figures + weapons to match them up - http://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp

You have a couple of Power Of the Force figures (General Madine, Anakin) which usually sell a bit higher than the others but the majority of your figures (although you have a lot!) are quite common. Averaging £5-8 each, perhaps a bit more if in good condition + complete.

Your magazines are a bit more niche and paperwork is less interesting to many collectors however the POTF catalogue and the instructions are of interest.

The cardbacks are cool but not worth loads, £1-3 on average with a few slightly more valuable ones in the mix.

All the best :)
Wow thanks for the quick reply, nothing to valuable then.
Then the kids can set up there wars as they please without me biting my nails off :)
/Cheers

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah I think your good! Some of the figures are in good condition but some are also played with, its not a fortune there but perhaps you could scale down and let the kids at the worst ones and sell the more nice looking ones :)

Or just let the kids play and enjoy the show! lol

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I agree with Joe. Lets the kids play with the ones in worst conditon (beaters) and sell your better ones and their weapons and also the POTF Catolgue as that is interesting. Nice Collection tho. Liam :)

Oto

Padawan
The Death Star Droids (in the penultimate picture) seem to sell for a lot if graded. Recently, AFA 90 sold for £227 and the last few 85's have sold for on average £70-75. The droid is prone to paint chip so if yours are pristine they could be a worth a bit.

Joe

Grand Master
To be fair the people paying those prices are smoking some good stuff and have money to burn (and his look rather played with /missing paint etc)

A good condition DSD should never cost you more than £15 tops in my opinion.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Id go along with that Joe. I think I payed £20 for mine a few years back but he was mint. The limbs were still fixed in place.

A nice collection of stuff there OP. As a collection its worth a few quid but in terms of individual items its not got many pricey ones.

Joe

Grand Master
Perfect pricing here - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9015

Never seen Chris overprice his items and he doesn't sell rubbish!

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to the forum Tonny! 8)

You've almost a complete set of vintage AT AT stickers & they always usually go for around £10 & if you were to sell them with the AT AT poster & instructions,you could probably get between £20-£30 for them! :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks Joe! :D

Mark has a very good point. I forgot to mention that about the stickers. They are actually quite sought after. Definitely worth sticking on eBay :D along with any other paperwork.

Padowan-dk

Hello guys

Seems like it was the right place to come with my question thanks..

I think im gonna follow up on the good advices, and sell the "paper stuff" posters stickers etc and maybe some of the good conditioned figures as well and let them have a go on the worn down stuff :)

Where would be my best chance to sell it ?

Regards and thanks
Tonny

Oto

Padawan
Joe said:
To be fair the people paying those prices are smoking some good stuff and have money to burn (and his look rather played with /missing paint etc)

Fair enough, I'm just pointing out the facts. I've been keeping an eye on graded DSD's last 2 months on the bay as I noticed they tended to be selling high. Been 6 graded examples in that time, the lowest was an AFA 85 for £45. The rest were all over £60. This is sold items, not BIN prices.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
All I would say is that its always best to shop around and you can pick up a mint one for around 20 pounds.

I would also say that the people paying 60 plus for a graded one are probably fed up with buying loose supposedly c 9.5 dsd's from eBay and being disappointed when it turns up as a c8. I think I bought two or three before finding mine and there were times when I felt like paying for a graded one.

back to the point in question, I believe these are all played with figures so I doubt many are mint and in the price brackets were talking here. I hope so though for the sake of the op.

Good luck with the sales dude.

spoons

Grand Master
as the others say - the kids should get them :)

My kids have a load of loose figs and ships and love them. Even if they are in good condition, they're rarely more expensive than a modern toy. Puts it all into perspective really.

the other day I discovered that the Sylvannian Families had moved into the Ewok Village :lol:

mrbazer1

Padawan
Even if they are in good condition, they're rarely more expensive than a modern toy. Puts it all into perspective really.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Joe

Grand Master
Joe said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-star-wars-death-star-droid-c9-complete-/250880416567?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3a69a35b37#ht_2536wt_1139

I can handle loose legs with paint that good and it's £1 under my top estimate, this is precisely why U grade or even regular AFA graded sale data is irrelevant with loose figures, there are only a small percentage of collectors paying through the nose for production figures. More fool them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom