My bowl of shame...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Lom, yes it looks correct to me, great work. One of the big rifles you have is not a star wars vintage :wink:

naughtyjedi, do you know any we could try with ? :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
I believe this needs a bump.
I Was reading this I think it will help anyone not sure about repro weapons or new members starting collecting. I have found it very helpful and I am now going to try to weed out any repro weapons which I hope I don't have.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Section 8 said:
"From memory (and I always forget one) the weapons/staffs that SHOULD sink are Yoda Cane, Gammy Guard Axe, Logray Axe, Teebo Staff, Amanaman Staff

The R2 pop up sabre will float but will sink when pushed."

Just to add that, from memory too, that I think the Yoda cane acts the same as the pop up sabre and will sink when pushed.

I no longer own one since I sold my loose set. :cry: Regrets are seeping in.

Pretty sure that the Yoda snake sinks as well (orange one), but the report one floats!

Ian

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I agree I would rather have a figure with nothing than a repo. The repo weapons I have unfortunately obtain have been given to my 4 yr old to use with her beaters. After I have etched an R on to them.

x-pack

Grand Master
Old thread!

I did go through mine last year and weeded out quite a few. There are some i'm not sure on so those are now in a seperate bag. Might bring them to one of the meet ups for inspection

Pomse2001

Grand Master
x-pack said:
Old thread!

I did go through mine last year and weeded out quite a few. There are some i'm not sure on so those are now in a seperate bag. Might bring them to one of the meet ups for inspection

Or you could share pictures of them here, We all would love to help you if we can :D

x-pack

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
x-pack said:
Old thread!

Or you could share pictures of them here, We all would love to help you if we can :D

Good call. I'll try and get one up by the weekend

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I had a similar experience about 6 months back. Did the float test and discovered a couple of repro's I did not expect. One was a Barada Staff the other a Jawa blaster. I don't like to say so, but I think both came from sellers here rather than eBay. That's disappointing but very unusual too !

To me the drop test is the best way to judge. You really can hear the difference, it's odd but true and involves no water !

I have a fairly limited budget, but I only have 1 known repro weapon left...that being an Imperial Gunner Black Endor blaster. I hate the thing, but can't afford / justify replacing that one.

My over riding feeling is that repro is bad and in my case actually not cost effective as I ended up replacing any repro's anyway, it's also a bit stressful having the bloody things !

Heith

Padawan
There will be someone out there working on passing copies that will pass the float test, what happens then?, there's such a market atm I can't see anyone not tbh

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Heith said:
There will be someone out there working on passing copies that will pass the float test, what happens then?, there's such a market atm I can't see anyone not tbh

Some repro is passing the float test, but I would say you can find 90% of the repro weapons with the float test :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom