MINT Special Offer Palitoy Cantina - item is no longer available - gutted!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Damn, this was the most beautiful example of a Special Offer Palitoy Cantina and in the description it says the figures were there too, stunning! Gutted someone got the lady to pull the auction and bought it privately, would've loved to at least have a chance to bid on this...

$_57.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Palitoy-Creature-Cantina-Action-Adventure-Playset-1977-/172121106448?hash=item281337a810%3Ag%3AqYAAAOSwoBtW2B1s&nma=true&si=NkyxYnR1eFJ0iLcZPlMZ0HXmGzY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I thought that might happen when I saw that listing and the fact the seller didn't have the vintage knowledge :!:

Prob the best Cantina special offer example I have seen 8)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
If anyone knows who ended up buying the job lot can you PM me please. Very interested in one of the other items 8)

I don't know much about the cantina, roughly what might that have gone for if the auction was allowed to run properly? Cards on the table the cantina isn't the one I'm looking to buy so I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
jedisearcher said:
If anyone knows who ended up buying the job lot can you PM me please. Very interested in one of the other items 8)

I don't know much about the cantina, roughly what might that have gone for if the auction was allowed to run properly? Cards on the table the cantina isn't the one I'm looking to buy so I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here.

Sad thing is we'll never know. Sky's the limit really as it was in such great shape that it would have attracted both the Palitoy collectors who don't yet have one but also the ones (myself included) that do, buying as an upgrade.

What were the other job lot items that you're referring to? Have you got a link?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
How can you own such amazing pieces and not have the knowledge? Wow, am awesome collection. Someone got lucky. Hope the seller didn't get too badly ripped off but if they did, more the fool them for ending the auctions.

ScruffyLookingNH said:
How can you own such amazing pieces and not have the knowledge? Wow, am awesome collection. Someone got lucky. Hope the seller didn't get too badly ripped off but if they did, more the fool them for ending the auctions.

I think the seller will have nothing to worry about :wink:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I saw the Palitoy Land of the Jawas pop up as it was listed - I love scouring ebay at odd times of the day - it originally had a buy it now of £99.99 :shock:

Never pressed a button so fast - unfortunately the moment I got to the paypal checkout the listing was pulled - then minutes later re-listed as an auction.

I got in touch with the owner, a lady who was selling on behalf of her father - who has loads of stuff so it seems. He'd been buying for years and was now cashing in - god knows what else he has but I will presume whoever got to buy the lots on ebay will have cheery picked whatever else they have.

I do know the lots that appeared were sold for £1000's - rather than hundreds.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
currymonster6290 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

I think the seller will have nothing to worry about :wink:

Does that mean we can hope to see them in the LA thread sometime soon? :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom