maybe something specialAFA says the only one.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Good day gentleman
Hoping for some guidance....again...
Before xmas, I picked up a han solo 12 back A Takara version..
I listed it and was told i would be doing my self a big favour if i got it graded..
So, its winging its way to AFA as I type..
AFA told me they have never graded an Han A back Takara before, and only 1 B back. Looking on the net, it seems to be the rarest of the takara backs..
Bearing in mind, it might only make a 75/80 grade, it will be the only one.Logic dictates that if there were more of them, then they would have probably already been graded Although some more may come up for sale after (from Asia). Theres loads of Luke DTS and about a dozen white background Darths graded..Not sure how many DT Bens and Darths are graded.I have a ballpark figure in mind, but was wondering what you guys might have in mind

Thanks for your time

Robert.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey Robert,

Certainly sounds like a rare card mate but I wouldn't hang my hat on AFA pop reports. I know of some extremely rare cards in people collections of which none are AFA graded. There are also collections that have never seen the light of day on forums or FB so no one will ever truly know what's truly out there or their numbers.

Ryan.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Good point Ryan. This was a mass circulated card, not a prototype so cant think of any other 12back cards that might be out there, and not have a few graded already ..a white footer R2D2 went for 5K last week, apparently only 3 ever graded..The Han solo has no footer..PS, love the den, spectacular...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
The only things you can say are one of a kind are prototype pieces. All of the production pieces were released in quantity, so even if yours is unique at the moment, more may be unearthed at any time. There could be another one of you out there with a rare moc that has no idea how rare.

Last year I think there was a find in France of Rotj meccano cards, some were not known to exist but turned up in quantity. You never know what the hobby will turn up.

Don't let that detract from your piece though. Sounds like you have a very rare card, and a great character too. The grading will not damage your potential sale, irregardless of the grade. This piece will take a value based on its rarity, not its condition. If it's one known of one then a buyer can't be choosy about the condition. They will never know if and when another may turn up.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
couldnt agree with you more fella
when one sells for a high price it brings many others of the same out of the woodwork. its much easier to pick up Takara cards here in Japan.Mind you , this is the only Han I have seen. I was hoping that with all the afa graded`rare ` 12 back cards, this might be up there with the best of them..Actually a bit worrying, keep on seeing DT lukes on ebay selling for hundreds of pounds- all ungraded and looking like coming from the same seller.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
You may have done already, but you can email AFA and ask them the exact pop figures for a figure as the website is so out of date. It may be more than one, or none, but at least you'll know :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Their population report is more out of date than a Nintendo 64. Not worth looking at any more in my opinion. As advised above e-mail them for more info.

Sounds like a very nice item you have, would love to see a photo. :)

Joe

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Their population report is more out of date than a Nintendo 64.

:lol: :lol: ..but at least a Nintendo 64 can still put a smile on your face! Something AFA can't claim to be able to do! :lol:

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Here you go guys , with my other baby....
Jedisearcher...thanks for sharing that wonderful/sad childhood memory
DSC_0035 (コピー).JPG

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Actually was a bit worried myself about that. At first, I thought maybe a reseal but a good friend in the know said some are known to be like that
also found pictures on the net of others..

I`m new to the star wars scene, vintage Batman (66)is more my scene, but just found out why the Takaras command a higher price. We all know Kenner werent prepared for the Hit the movie was.. Thousands of figures were shipped out here to Japan, but why would the kids buy them, they couldnt understand what the cards said and parents couldnt translate them. They simply weren`t selling and so many were ship back to Europe and The US where demand was huge and to remove the stickers was easy. Now those that are left can sell for sometimes double of a regular 12 back. Maybe thats why Takara also lost the Kenner account, which was then passed to POPI.
Thats my 2 bobs worth, but could be totally wrong?? Any views opinions always appreciated..

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Han Takara is very rare , the hardest to find on Takara mocs as far as I know.

I am sure I know someone looing for one when you are looking to sell.

Thanks

Vince

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Vin
Thanks for the backing..
I did read a while ago someone else said that, cant remember if on a blog or webpage and then when i went back to try and find it...no luck whatsoever..
I`ll pm you when it comes up for grabs after grading...
Also got R2D2 C3PO LEIA WHITE BK DARTH if looking for any others..

Rob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom