LL BEN KENOBI

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
I have a minty LL Ben . He has great paint work and very stiff limbs. His cape is also minty. However he has a regular kenner sabre.
My question is two fold.
I would like to ask how much would it be to get a ledy sabre. And were the **** ould i buy one. secondly i may sell him on sohow much is he worth as he is. And how much would he be if i do manage to get the correct LL sabre.

Thanks as ever guys

Neil

walkie

Sith Lord
Are you 100% certain the figure is LL?

The reason I ask is because the same COO markings are common to both LL and Kenner and you say this one has a Kenner saber?

There are several tell-tale signs to ID the LL version, these are be seen here....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p240-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#Ben Kenobi

If your figure does turn out to be LL, then chances of finding an intact saber are zero to nil, it would be far easier to buy the figure complete and sell this one on imo.

Prices are all over the place at the moment, maybe £80 complete but some complete one's have sold for £130+ on evilbay.

Hope this helps?

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Hi mate cheers for all the info

Yeah he is a ledy ben....ive crossed checked and double checked him with wolfs LL guide and he is defo LL. Has all the unique tell tale signs...tbe LL guide Also states he does have a unique coo which is slightly different than kenner. The C is closer to the GMFGI. The kenner sabre is my own which i added to him. He came with a weird light blue thin tip flat transition sabre with a very thin hilt. Does not glow under a black light like the rest. If its repro ....its not like the usual repro shite.

I will add a photo of ben in a bit.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
CRAZYHAZY said:
Hi mate cheers for all the info

Yeah he is a ledy ben....ive crossed checked and double checked him with wolfs LL guide and he is defo LL. Has all the unique tell tale signs...tbe LL guide Also states he does have a unique coo which is slightly different than kenner. The C is closer to the GMFGI. The kenner sabre is my own which i added to him. He came with a weird light blue thin tip flat transition sabre with a very thin hilt. Does not glow under a black light like the rest. If its repro ....its not like the usual repro shite.

I will add a photo of ben in a bit.

awaiting picture.
"wolfs LL guide" he doesn't have one?
"LL guide Also states he does have a unique coo" it is not unique

walkie

Sith Lord
CRAZYHAZY said:
He came with a weird light blue thin tip flat transition sabre with a very thin hilt.

Ledy's have fat tips similar to Glasslite figures, check here under V4's

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/lightsaberssection.htm

I just checked Wolff's site and couldn't find any info on Kenobi...

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/lili-ledy-variants/

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Cheers james and walkie ...sorry just meant the LL guide Not Wolfs LL guide :oops:
I use his guides for most thngs and must have typed out of habit.

Hmmm...thanks for that link too. So not as unique to LL as i thought :roll:
The sabre is defo not ledy.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Kenner on the left. Oh and the flash has made the hair look white. The kenner ben has light grey hair the other has much darker grey.

[
20141015_130533.jpg
]
[
20141015_130553.jpg
]
[
20141015_130708.jpg
]

The cape is smooth on both sides by the way

Thanks again lads. My knowledge on LL is ropy to say the least

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Nice surprise!
From my photos ..does this look like a ledy? The face sculpt/paint certainly seems that way? Can any one chime in?

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Although it has all the usual hall marks these are not unique to Ledy Bens. As james stated they are shared with kenner bens. However the paint job is vastly different and together with the coo, sabre hand, club foot. It would appear to be a ledy. Anyone else concur with this. Just so if i do sell him i can describe him as such.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Cheers colin for the pics....well it looks like a Ledy/PBP Ben. I wonder if any LL collectors or someone who has LL Ben can confirm this...anyone!? Id be most grateful peeps :wink: 8)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Every Lili Ledy figure ( apart from the 13 found on Made in Mexico Kenner cards ) do NOT have unique leg markings, mould characteristics etc.
It is important to check the paint application, plastic used etc. So in Ben's case extended finger, fat feet etc are found on his Kenner counterpart.

The key feature is the face paint is darker grey and 'sloppy' so thicker eyebrows...
sdc12625.jpg

the middle figure is the Kenner counterpart.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Cheers james, nice one. Thats cleared that up!!! A lot of misleading info out there. I wonder which card or coo this figure is from!? The head sculpt is fatter than the usual kenner and the paint application is thicker to the eyed and face. Any moc collectors confirm this
Cheers neil

chazb73

Sith Lord
I always find some Ledy's difficult to identify

So in the case of Ben if he looks like he is depressed and in need of a hair cut and a new makeup person ... good chance he's a Ledy :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom