lego deathstar

yoda

Sith Lord
Just bought the lego deathstar cost alot :eek: was just wondering has anyone else any big lego starwars builds?

yoda

Sith Lord
Will do I have it started I am on the second level it's amazing what they have achieved with lego. Just finished the trash compartment, feeling my childhood again :)

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
its when you start building something and think "what have they done here..??" then about 50 pages later you go "oh wow.. thats genius because it makes a thingy work

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I've looked at this several times but the price always put me off as I'm not a lego collector but this piece is awesome, like Pete said would love to see progress photos.

How many pieces is it?

Grant

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Just bought the lego deathstar cost alot :eek: was just wondering has anyone else any big lego starwars builds?

Yip I tried with the family a few years back to build it. We got like a third of the way and thought **** this. I sold it as an opened set over on RS. GOOD LUCK.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great stuff, you need to set yourself a deadline..............

The Death Star will be completed on time. :lol:

Justin H

Padawan
The older version of sandcrawler is awesome set, sold mine a few years back and regretted it ever since.

yoda

Sith Lord
This is the second level complete I think there are over 3000 bits. I have built it in small stages at a time. There are a lot of moving parts to it. Really enjoyed this little project. Will get the rest of the pics up later of it completed.

DSC_01041_zpshdbp6lsg.jpg
m/user/yodaisback/media/DSC_01071_zpsngfl1cir.jpg.html]
DSC_01071_zpsngfl1cir.jpg
[/url]

DSC_01051_zpsxjspyvdn.jpg

th_DSC_01461_zpswgy9jvrd.jpg

Grant

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Great stuff, you need to set yourself a deadline..............

The Death Star will be completed on time. :lol:

This^^^ :lol: 3000+ pieces = NIGHTMARE.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I bought one of these recently for my sons Christmas Present and noticed it had a 24 hour build time! There's no way my young boy is going to wait around for days for me to build it so I'm thinking I need to get cracking on it well before the 25th.

Out of interest for those of you who have built this thing would you say 24 hours is a realistic time frame?

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Yes you can build it in that time frame, I am almost finished I built it over weeks doing bits when I took the notion. There are alot of pieces in bags inside 4 large boxes. The bags all have numbers 1-7 you could start by building all the bits in the bags numbered 1 which I think could finish the first level and part of the second.
I would also make sure you have plenty of space to build it on. Even have a flat board and a few container's to store the bits when you open all the bags numbered 1. There is alot of small pieces which need to be kept together. Another way you could build it is by building so many pages at a time out of the book over different days. The whole piece I feel is too much over 2 or 3 days as I feel you would do a better job spreading it out over time if you can. Also it is very enjoyable once you get started and seeing it all come together.
My advice is only open the bags in sequence and use all the bits before you open any more. If you take your time and follow the instructions it will come together and you will be impressed by what you built.
Anyway good luck and sure if your stuck on any part I can help you.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the info although I did buy one that was already built. The seller then took every brick apart and put them in separate bags but said it was in the same order as it came new. I have no idea which bag is which due to the bags having no numbers on them and can only hope that they put them in the right numbered white boxes. It maybe a very difficult, time consuming task come the end but if I get cracking on it in the next couple of months I'm sure I'll have the thing built by the time old Santa needs to visit us!

Thanks again form your comments though. :D

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
I find with these larger sets that the fun is in the building so the longer it takes the better. It was something nice to look forward to each evening when I got in from work to sit for half an hour or so and build 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
Yes that's what I enjoyed most building a bit once you felt like it. I hope over time to build the sandcrawler or the ewok village. Have to get saving though they are also big bucks. :)

yoda

Sith Lord
Yes that's what I enjoyed most building a bit once you felt like it. I hope over time to build the sandcrawler or the ewok village. Have to get saving though they are also big bucks. :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
We bought one a few years back and my (then 10 year old) helped me until he took over and it took us about a week. We limited ourselves to just a few hours a day of course, mainly because its so extreme and detailed that I was making me LEGO blind when routing out all the pieces to complete all the steps to get it done!

Totally agree with the earlier comment about "what am I building now", some of it is very clever and a bit of a mystery until two dozen steps later!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom