latest film/ dvd you have seen

tundra9

Sith Lord
Thought Hansel and Gretel was shite, was looking forward to it though, my neighbouring towns up and coming director/writer made it,
been alot of media attention for him, going to Hollywood to make it.
Reminded me of Van Helsing, a half hearted fantasy/action flick....
Check out Dead Snow, by the same writer/director, not a bad movie to be norwegian, and phantom on here plays a zombie in it! :p

jackabina

Sith Lord
jackabina said:
Watching Hansel and Gretel tonight. I'll let you know :wink:

Really enjoyed it! ...........................................and it confirmed that i'd knock Gemma Arterton :mrgreen:

escapist

Jedi Knight
Took the boy to the cinema for the first time today to see Despicable Me 2. Although he's 2 and a half, he loved it though he was a bit of a fidget! I actually enjoyed it as well!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
Just finished watching Babylon 5 & really enjoyed it, season 1 is a little slow to get started & season 5 is a bit of a let down but 2 to 4 are really good.

That's a fantastic series! Really well written. The effects look shite now, but it is nearly 20 years old. One of the best Sci Fi series out there IMO.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Watched a couple of films today:

Beautiful Creatures - to be honest no idea why I watched this as I am not a lovesick teenager, which is clearly the target audience. That said, it was well enough made and acted but aimed squarely at the teeny vamp swoon loving crowd so doubt anyone here will bother with it.

This is 40 - I squirmed, half laughed and felt very awkward as large chunks of my midlife banality seemed to play out before my eyes. I love an Apatow movie and this one may not have the out and out laughs of earlier movies but if you and the missus feel like watching a film about mid-life perspective that might cut a little close to the bone in places this is well worth the watch. oh and the running in joke about Lost is great.

phantom

Jedi Master
Just finished the UK series Survivors.. It was okay, but it really sucks when a show gets cancelled with an open ending..
Oh well, not long until The Walking Dead is back

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Watched Broken City tonight, such a shame this one turned out to be a bit of a turkey. Cracking cast but they had so little to work with and the characters were so one dimensional it was laughable at times. One for a rainy day when. Oohing else is on, but not much more.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Watched Oz, great and powerful yesterday and really enjoyed it, nice nods to the original film and the book, a little quirky but nice.

Tried to watch Stoker, but gave up, enough said....

tundra9

Sith Lord
Just watched G.I. Joe Retaliation...... It was so bad it was excellent, this movie certainly didn't take itself seriously.
Loved Redmans character, so ****ing ridiculous it was epic! :lol:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah watched GI Joe the other night, it was total pants but oddly enjoyable :)

Also watched Jack the giant slayer, which was great fun

Latest posts

Top Bottom