Latest Acquisitions

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Always great stuff to see on here
A bit more oddball added into my collection. Bit by bit the want list is getting smaller

Spanish Book and Display
006400.JPG

Ewoks table centerpiece
003543.JPG

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Simon, love the story behind the stickers- a fantastic item to find 8)

Spoons, amazing Han Hoth collection :shock:

Steve, very nice blasters there 8)

Scott, love those Ewok items. Really cool.

Started to pick up some Pali cardbacks of late. This is my progress so far:
20170202_164752_zpsqbwkpjvx.jpg

ZippyNL

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
It's been a quiet few months for me, which is hardly surprising, but I have managed to scratch the itch occasionally. I've been very good in not buying vintage toys but I have found some other cool items. The highlights are the following four.

First up are a sealed (precariously!) box of TKS ESB stickers. This is the UK edition and the box contains 100 packets of 8 stickers. I was also lucky enough to acquire an opened box from the same lady. Her father was a book wholesaler back in the 70s and 80s and used to buy "all sorts of tat". When her mother was clearing out the loft recently they came across these. They were destined for the bin but she thought she'd see if they were worth anything. By Jove I'm betting she's glad she checked. the box next to it is a stand-in until I get hold of a similar find of a box of Panini stickers. This is a box of 60 packets of ROTJ Topps (booo!) stickers. They were identical to the UK packets except the US one's had the Topps logo and a barcode. The box was neatly cut open and flat packed, so has survived well. These were also available in the 100 packet boxes. Unusual to get a display box without a big black "X" over the front flap which was, I presume, a sale or return mark of some kind.

And finally, Prog 334 of 2000AD. Not only has it got some cool Jedi ads inside but this prog also came with a sheet of 8 uncut ROTJ Panini stickers. Easy to find the Prog but a bugger to find the stickers, so I'm very pleased. Had to buy another copy of Prog 333 with it so be sure to scoot over to the FS section and help relieve me of it :D

IMG_9020.JPG

Great stuff from everyone, but I've been looking forward to this post the most (I knew it was coming after a PM from Simon). Holy hell dude, that FKS box is a hell of a score, well done! And the 2000AD stuff is super cool too, I'm only gutted I was too late for the sale of Prog 333.

Sticker collecting is the new MOC collecting. Well it's a damn sight cheaper anyway :)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Was contacted a couple days ago by a fella looking to shift on a couple of bits and pieces...Mostly modern boxed items. Couldn't pass on this though...
Fully complete, boxed with inserts ROTJ Falcon..£70...Couldn't go wrong!
IMG_20170203_142247.jpg

IMG_20170203_142302.jpg

IMG_20170203_142315.jpg

Killed two birds with one stone....able to use parts to complete my Falcon restoration project :D

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31061&hilit=bargain+wild+find#p414953

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I'm really down to the last few things that I want to add to my collection, and I've added one of these now...

This is the Young Jedi Knight Kit, this one is sealed. A mailaway offer at the tail-end of the toy line that came with a free baggie Chewbacca, a poster, and a return voucher to send off for a 2nd free figure too. Two free figures! The idea was that the original kids who started collecting in the 70s had now got older and moved on, and this frankly desperate tactic might bring in new children to be collectors. Like a drug dealer giving away a free sample. :D Well pleased to pick this up finally.

Picture10231.jpg

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
So, I'm feeling a little emotional right now :D

This lovely Greedo arrived today and it means my run of the 1st 21 MOC is now complete !! They are a mix of graded , ungraded, minty to beaten and I love each and every one of them !

This collection started almost by accident - I joined here around 2 years ago and was happily collecting random ROTJ MOCs of my favourite figures when very early one Sunday morning Iain put up a beater Kenobi 12 back for the price of ......... £50 and I was lucky enough to snap it up.

Once it arrived and I saw the card and the ANH logo, I kind of fell in love and at the same time out of love with my ROTJ MOCs. Theres just something about the original logo. So slowly I began my first focus since starting this collecting game late. Probably my biggest "steal" was the Fett which I got for just under £700 (it had went for a lot more on an earlier vectis auction) I never thought he would be achievable in my budget.

Theres lots of people who have helped me on the way, including Iain, I think my R2D2 was from Ross but a special mention to Steve Obi Wan who lives about 5 miles down the road from me and basically sold me a few of these as he went on a lovely Palitoy 12 back run. The man literally robbed me of cash for the last year and a half or so! :lol:

I now need to go display cabinet shopping asap but then what ?????????? (My wife thinks Ive finished 8) )

Thanks to everyone who has sold to me and bought from me on here.

Big Love !

Nicky

cpQfGeF.jpg

wOz8VpO.jpg

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
RifleSmile said:
So, I'm feeling a little emotional right now :D

This lovely Greedo arrived today and it means my run of the 1st 21 MOC is now complete !! They are a mix of graded , ungraded, minty to beaten and I love each and every one of them !

This collection started almost by accident - I joined here around 2 years ago and was happily collecting random ROTJ MOCs of my favourite figures when very early one Sunday morning Iain put up a beater Kenobi 12 back for the price of ......... £50 and I was lucky enough to snap it up.

Once it arrived and I saw the card and the ANH logo, I kind of fell in love and at the same time out of love with my ROTJ MOCs. Theres just something about the original logo. So slowly I began my first focus since starting this collecting game late. Probably my biggest "steal" was the Fett which I got for just under £700 (it had went for a lot more on an earlier vectis auction) I never thought he would be achievable in my budget.

Theres lots of people who have helped me on the way, including Iain, I think my R2D2 was from Ross but a special mention to Steve Obi Wan who lives about 5 miles down the road from me and basically sold me a few of these as he went on a lovely Palitoy 12 back run. The man literally robbed me of cash for the last year and a half or so! :lol:

I now need to go display cabinet shopping asap but then what ?????????? (My wife thinks Ive finished 8) )

Thanks to everyone who has sold to me and bought from me on here.

Big Love !

Nicky

cpQfGeF.jpg

wOz8VpO.jpg

Congrats Nicky ! Always a pleasure , don't forget to let me know your new focus my funds are a little low lol !! :lol: :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Huge congratulations on that achievement Nicky.
They look fantastic together, I been tempted in the past to go down the SW 12/21 route, but the expense scares me.
I know what you mean when comparing these to the Jedi ones... :wink:
Lovley set, well done on getting the Fett for that price, doubt that will happen again.

Jez

Sith Lord
9 Days of sweet acquisitions. I can't believe the amount of quality items being shown here on a daily basis.
Page 2058
Iain. Great Solid Dome R2 miscarded on to a Tri Pop Up Saber MOC, very cool. Subtle but cool.
TrisCompany. Congrats on the Tri Pop Up Saber R2. Such a great MOC.

Page 2059
Adampbooth. Sweet collection of card backs. I nearly didn't spot the NSW Leia. I assume its NSW? Sweet.
Roundster. I'm glad the podcast is influence your purchases. :lol: Two sweet Micro collection pieces there mate. Both sealed for £60 is an absolute bargain.
Dublinjeff. Boxed Snowspeeder complete with inserts, Mint, complete, boxed Speeder Bike with instructions, Mint, complete, Tri Logo Endor Forest Ranger with instructions, 2 x VME Both complete with instructions. all for £120. V Happy with that.
Walkie. Great find with the Yellow leaflet. Never knew about them. Cracking bit of help from Mark, Top Man. Stephen your paperwork focus is coming on a treat.

Page 2060
Tris Company. Well done mate. What a buy! Owning a 12 Bk LFB is something i'd love to achieve. He looks great. Nice one.
Scruffy. Mate what a find! Great post on the stickers dude. Such a fan of old folk hoarding. I'm not talking about you mate, i mean really old people.
Plastikheld. Great YPS mag there mate. I'd still be happy with that price, even with our shite exchange rate.
DublinJeff. Great pick ups for the little one. Especially the Troop Transport for £5. I always loved that one. The AT ST does look mint.
Poncho. Wow, what a fantastic post. Painted legs Han Pin Head. Nice one dude. But it was the PBPs which got me hooked. Talking of hooked, thats a great piece of info about the Ginger Imperial with his hooked thumb, i never knew that. Nice one.
Wrighty. I'm loving the randomness of the Tusken erasers. Cool.
Robstyley. Nice Lady Yoda mate. Even without the accessories, he looks great.

Page 2061
Spoons. !!! 11 years in the making!!! Mate, huge congrats. Thats a bloody great achievement. Such a great figure on a great card. Well done mate. Chuffed for you bro.
Savory100. Mate your collection of 3 boxed blasters is cracking. Such a great piece to own. I love it!

Page 2062
Hooch. My NA round up wouldn't be the same without a piece of Ewok love from the hoochmiester. Great Spanish book mate, very sweet.
Cazza. Great collection of Palitoy card backs. The logo looks even better in a collection like that.
Dublinjeff. Great boxed Falcon for £70. Brilliant mate.
Bonsai_Tree_Ent. I've never seen that Young Jedi kit before. Great to see, and an even better description of the tactics behind it!
RifleSmile. Mate that is a stunning collection, truly stunning. Well done mate. You must be delighted.

Page 2063
Thomas/Sweden. Thats a cracking looking Rebel Soldier mate. Nice one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom