Latest Acquisitions

DarthSwales

Padawan
LOL! Loving that one! :p

Got my loose Landspeeder today:

s1450015.jpg

There is some really bad scuff marks, however, but to be fair I don't mind beaten up toys at all... Makes 'em feel more vintage. :lol:

s1450016.jpg

s1450017.jpg

And because of the scuffs it's got I was able to get it for a nice price. :)

Also I picked up a much better quality Farmboy Luke. C9 I'd say, which I'm very pleased with opposed to be C6.5. However the seller didn't tell me that the sabre was a repro! The paint was coming off it and everything! It's alright now though, I've given him an original sabre now and he looks mint Here he is:

(On the left is my old Luke and on the right is my new one - there doesn't look like there's much difference in the picture because of my excessive amount of lighting but I can definitely say the new one I've picked up is much more pleasing than the other).

s1450018.jpg

Quite pleased. :)

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Thanks you guys, Paul - how did you get the sticker residue off without damage to the card buddy?

Lighter fluid does the trick :wink:

Great purchases everyone to much to name....

I recently added the last carded SW figure i wanted, an ESB Yoda, wich completes my personal goal for 2011.

I was happy to add this minty Moc, probably one off the best Moc's i have.

ESBYoda.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
To many new additions to mention.

I have a few but haven't taken pics yet.

Some amazing pieces, love the DSD and congrats Jez on getting your Snag - hope you managed to talk them into marking it as a gift :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Wow, what a busy day. I agree that DSD is fantastic, i'm very envious!

Yes Iain, £57 including postage and marked as a gift, happy days 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
CharlieCharlie said:
Wow, what a busy day. I agree that DSD is fantastic, i'm very envious!

Yes Iain, £57 including postage and marked as a gift, happy days 8)

Nice one mate - shows that things come to those that wait :D

You'll have to update your showcase soon

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Ha ha I love Christmas, everyone goes nuts buying themselves SW goodies. Awesome additions everyone, That DSD is especially nice!

Oh well if you can't beat em join em! Received these today courtesy of Aussie-Nick on RS. I reckon I've bought the majority of his listed cards but its not too often you get an Aussie selling MOC's that are reasonably priced. All except the Gammy Guard which is an utter beater form ebay.

Prune Face 77 Back
Leia Poncho 77 Back
Rebel Commando 77 Back
AT-AT Commander 79 Back
Bib Fortuna 65 Back (Palitoy)
Gamorrean Guard 65 Back

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Frunkstar said:
Thanks you guys, Paul - how did you get the sticker residue off without damage to the card buddy?
It's a few posts down this page.....
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200&start=7680

The before and after shot is on the page before.

maniac79

Jedi Master
Guys (and girls ... maybe?)! I have to share this with you.

Those who know me a little better know that I fancy the art of story telling. But just to clear that up: In German this could mean something very negative, a "storyteller" (translated) is - of course depending on the context - somebody who makes stuff up and is a poser. This is not what I'm about. ;)

So here goes. Some of you may also know that I have shown interest in some items but for the time being have told them that I'm out of budget until January/February - looking over to weasel and DarthStanley, I still have interest in your stuff and stand up to my word. If you, weasel, are willing to put the Skiff on hold until the end of January, please consider it sold. And DarthStanley, you know I want that Sandcrawler, but until I can pay you it'll be the end of March, please know that I'm not angry if somebody else shows interest in the meantime as I know that it's a long time until then. Had a lot of joy looking at your youtube video of the Sandcrawler yesterday! ;) I was/am out of budget at the moment, because I had a lot of stuff hold from Frank. And finally, when I got paid by the end of last month, it was time for me to pay for the stuff I had put on hold for - correct me if I'm wrong, Frank - about 5-6 weeks. That is quite a lot time to put stuff on hold I guess, especially when it is so much stuff. When I finally had the money to pay, it felt like a big relief.
And because Chris had some nice bits and bobs to sell that caught my attraction and that I just had to buy, we closed another deal last weekend. Props to both guys for packing up the stuff so quickly and getting it out as soon as they could (even though Chris had a cold by that time).

Now comes a real shocker. Both parcels were send out on monday. 2 days ago. And I have received them today. :shock: (Did I tell you guys that I wanted to open a new thread at first and tell my story there and post just a link here, but then figured ... oh well, that's another story! ;)) Anyhow, that was EXTREMELY FAST delivery!!! Wow.

Enough talking. I will now present to you: The goods!!!
(And PLEASE excuse the bad quality of the pictures. :( They don't do the goods and my joy justice and I promise that in time I will take better pics with my other cam, although it may take a while until I do so as this takes a lot of time).
(By the way, while viewing the following pics, take a look at my avatar every once in a while. This depicts how I felt while unboxing! :))

6472744659_1519e9303c_z_d.jpg

Wow ... 2 huge parcels, ready to be unboxed.

I unboxed Frank's first.

6472745213_e5f4fc29bf_z_d.jpg

This was the 1st item I found when I opened the parcel. A hand crafted sign. Priceless. Say a big thank you to your wife (I assume that she did it? Or maybe even show her my post so that she can read it herself). AM-AZ-ING!!! Had to take a deep breath and stop unboxing for a while. I will find a special place for it!!!

Did I warn you that this is getting picture heavy? Let's get it on ...

6472746365_712d982194_z_d.jpg

Extremely superb packaging. Had to show this. What does it protect :?:

6472746965_6423c0b046_z_d.jpg

Wow :!: Apart from a slight yellow tint on the bubble, one of the nicest ROTJ cards I own atm. :D

6472747535_b2b2d6480f_z_d.jpg

An early christmas present. Thank you so much, Frank! :mrgreen:

By the way, the pictures are posted in the order in which I found the items. :)

6472748115_6d73cddd4f_z_d.jpg

This pop up book is amazing!!! I told Frank that I wanted to get it for my son, but now that I have seen it in all it's glory, I think I won't give it to him as I don't want to have him tear it apart (by accident that is, even though he can be a rascal, he wouldn't do it on purpose). But for sure I will view it together with him. It's really a great piece and I like it very much. If anybody has any other pop up books from SW or ESB to sell that are similar to this one, please let me know.

6472748687_d27c236a24_z_d.jpg

Another early christmas present. Even though I'm afraid that Windows 7 won't be able to run it anymore, the sound files on the CD will still be accessible I guess. Which is really great as I sometimes do video/sound editing whenever I feel like and whenever I got the time (which doesn't happen quite often anymore since I moved in to my gf's) and it's great to have a collection of sound files right at your hand. Thanks again! (I have even plans of recording a light saber fight (I already did a small sample of my son a while back, it takes a lot of time even for small footage, but is not that hard to do) - that's when the sounds will come in handy).

6472749303_da27cda47f_z_d.jpg

A personalized christmas card. Priceless as well. This is in fact me on the picture, Frank asked for a pic of me and I sent him this. :D And he was right, even though I didn't know what the pic was for, I sent one that actually looks as if it was made for this purpose! :D

6472749789_ca43643650_z_d.jpg

Closeup! :) The card also held a vintage trading card which I somehow forgot to take a picture of! The card now stands on our living room table for everyone to see! I'm sure my son will also love it! :)

6472750339_4137c5a414_z_d.jpg

3 MIB mini rigs! I like them very much. :)

6472750857_ca3fc3779b_z_d.jpg

Jawa MOC. The card has a minor "water damage" but - like Frank told me in advance - it does look worse in the pics than it really is. It is not that bad. But what is it about the bubble? :D Did they put the bubbles on by hand? Did that guy who put on the bubble to that card drink too much? Another nice MOC to add to my collection though. :) The bubble is VERY clear. I don't own a ROTJ card with a clear bubble like this at the moment.

6472751373_2c811db708_z_d.jpg

Yoda head. :D Funny that he has the same color as the filling material. :D Did you do that on purpose, Frank? Felt a little bit like easter that way! Haha.

6472751913_a91ae00e51_z_d.jpg

This is ... simply wow ... I have bought many great items on this forum, but this is - alongside the Cloud Car I bought a while back from DarthStanley - the most beautiful MIB piece in my collection now. The box looks REALLY great. The playset itself is one of the items I cherished the most back in the days. (Back in the avatar-picture days that is! ;))

6472760181_f752a6d121_z_d.jpg

Some bits and bobs from Frank, also added for free.

All those freebies made me really speechless. Even my gf who - as if it was a surprised as she is (of course!!!) female - doesn't understand all this "Star Wars stuff" and me being attracted to it so much, said that this was unbelievable. But I'm still not finished ...

6472762005_b432ea3980_z_d.jpg

I don't have words for these 2 pieces. Don't know what to say. These are 2 figures that Frank and me agreed to trade for. I so far have only one baggie that I bought for Frank, but he sent these 2 in advance. Be sure that you will get at least 2 baggies back, I just need to have a little more time (and luck finding one that you don't already have ;)).
Side note: Back in the days I only had one Leia Boushh. Right now I have 5 (incl. Frank's baggie + 1 Palitoy MOC) and I already have 3 that have totally different faces. :shock: The one in the baggie looks totally different than all the others I own. Didn't know that they made figures that look so much different ... Simply amazing.

6472761387_b8355d09cb_z_d.jpg

I bought this Lando Skiff on eBay and hat it shipped to Frank to save shipping costs. Thanks for making it possible. This one also looks different than the 5 (incl. 1 Kenner MOC) other ones I already had. The eBay auction's title read "Lili Ledy?", but I'm almost sure that at least the helmet is not Ledy. But maybe the figure itself?

6472762553_2fc43790c5_z_d.jpg

Another item I had shipped to Frank to save shipping costs. Thanks.

Wow ... what a parcel. :D If you kept on reading until here, do you remember the 1st pic? I don't blame you if you don't. There were 2 parcels in the 1st picture. ;) Didn't take distinct pictures of the packaging of Chris's parcel, but I can tell you that it was also packed very well. Chris bringing heat once again as well. ;) But without any further disturbance, here goes ...

6472763127_d499627c7a_z_d.jpg

Another great MIB item. Recently I bought the new Vintage Collection version of it and was since then looking for it's vintage brother. Finally got a nice copy. Chris, if you read this, I forgot, did you try the electronics? Did they work? Will maybe try in a few days regardless.

6472763779_88f017d643_z_d.jpg

This is the nicest MIB mini rig I have so far. Great box, just like Chris stated on his FS thread.

6472765589_ce200bba80_z_d.jpg

This Wampa started a true buying rage. ;) Last week, when Chris posted his FS thread with this, I thought: "Nice piece, why not?" and sent the money for the Wampa + shipping. But then - all of a sudden - the list got longer and the shipping costs have risen. ;) Besides the Snowspeeder and the CAP-2 I also got ...

6472766155_f9250fb9fa_z_d.jpg

Another 12 loose figures to add to my collection. Each of them in great quality. Well, the Emperor is a baggie, but it was a real bargain and as such was planned to get "unbagged" by me when it arrives. Now that I have it, an incredible strong force is preventing me to open that damn baggie. ;) Btw, I also recently bought a beater MOC Poncho Leia not so long ago for an "unpacker's price". I somehow can't take her of the card, even though the bubble already is badly damaged and I bought her to take her off the card ...

Well, that's all folks. For now. :D I have already more coming up soon.

This was - and still is - a great day overall. Had a good day at work, then this 2 parcels and I also were told that I will receive my iPhone 4S tomorrow. I'm such a lucky bastard today. :)

Thanks for looking and - maybe - reading. :D

Thanks to Frank, his wife and Chris for making this day even greater than it already was. Even though I tried hard - words can't express the joy I felt today because of you.

My final words on this post: I tried to figure out the top 5 of today receivings. But I simply can't. I can only tell you that the hand crafted sign and christmas cards are on top of the list.

Joe

Grand Master
For a moment I thought "OMG nooo he has opened his secret santa!" LOL

Great stuff :) nice new buys!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Im really made up for you Dennis. Glad it all worked out well. That is super fast shipping and dare I say it it was an economy service! Nice one things go like that. It must have been really cool opening all those goodies!

I like the name tag too. Id be having that on the door to my study/ display room.

Keep it up buddy!

Chris 8)

maniac79

Jedi Master
Thanks guys.
It will be on the door of my display room. Once I have one. oO My gf and me are planning to buy a house in maybe 2 years. Until then I will have only limited space to display my stuff. But once I have a distinct room, this sign will be hanging on the door. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom