• DSC_0743.JPG
    DSC_0743.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 925
  • DSC_0742.JPG
    DSC_0742.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 946

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great Jawa and Tie selection you have there, always nice to have a change around with the collection I always think, keeps things fresh. :D

Ian

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Had this one for a while now but been too busy to get a photo, here's my new trilogo imperial gunner.

11E05BFB-3CD6-4BC0-A682-47D4C1A46F9D.jpeg

I've been after a good non-graded one for years to complete my run of imperial helmets :lol:

80A70B97-0915-40D7-ACFC-79E77A9B506F.jpeg

Technically I still need the royal guard but he won't fit in with the black and white aesthetic and he's also too bloody expensive nowadays.

I finished the companion run a while back but not posted it, here's all the mocs with vehicles on instead of characters

1A8CD715-71CC-4AA5-907F-46C871F89BA0.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A lovely Gunner, got to be one of the coolest figures in the line.
Two very interesting runs there, I'd never thought about runs like that before.
The bubble on the AT AT Drivers a bit different from normal TL one's?!?

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Jeez Phil, are you Jawa central or what?!
They look so well 8) :p

Okay i have a confession.
This piece isn't exactly a latest acquisition but i had it boxed away since i purchased it in the 90s and forgot i had it until i was looking for some figures a few months ago.

Screenshot_20180827-132948.png

subzero

Sith Lord
Holy tri-tittied Total Recall lady, that's a sweet tri-logo run, love that gunner it's in real nice condition!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
Had this one for a while now but been too busy to get a photo, here's my new trilogo imperial gunner.

I've been after a good non-graded one for years to complete my run of imperial helmets :lol:

Technically I still need the royal guard but he won't fit in with the black and white aesthetic and he's also too bloody expensive nowadays.

I finished the companion run a while back but not posted it, here's all the mocs with vehicles on instead of characters

Beautiful collection, especially the mocs with vehicles, they are unusual and look amazing 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:

Lovely!!

Have you got two TFPs? If so one of them these days will pretty much cover the ERG should you go for it

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not posted for a while in here- always amazes me at what people manage to get hold of. Some amazing mocs and oddball stuff, but particularly impressed with the diecasts- really awesome pick ups!

Well, I've finally found what has been something of a grail piece for me. When I was around 5 or 6, I went to a friend's birthday party. At the end of the party, we were all given a Star Wars mask made out of very thin, brittle plastic with some elastic stapled on. I was given a Sandpeople mask and remember proudly wearing it home in the car and promptly running out and scaring my sisters when I got home. Within a few minutes, it was in the bin. My Mum deemed it too scary. I was absolutely gutted, as you can imagine.

A couple of years ago, I decided to really focus on finding everything I owned as a child, so the Sandpeople mask was pretty much top of the list as it was (as far as I can remember) the first SW item I ever owned. Well, it was either that or a Gamester magazine :) Did some research and they were made by Ben Cooper, but sold within the UK by Palitoy. Unfortunately, due to the brittle plastic, very few have survived. I couldn't find one for love nor money. I was pretty much resigned to not finding one.

However, a few weeks ago, an absolute star called Carl gave me a shout about a set that had appeared on Facebook. This wasn't just the Sandpeople- it was the complete set! I reactivated my Facebook account and Carl tried to add me to the Palitoy Collectors Group, but I couldn't get on there for technical reasons. The wait was excruciating- i thought they'd get snapped up. Carl worked out that the person selling the masks was thankfully on here, so I got in touch straight away. After some negotiation, we did a deal and they finally arrived today. I am absolutely over the moon with them! I never thought I'd get the Sandpeople, let alone e whole set- just got to work out how to display them now!

Gotta say, Carl is an absolute legend. Not for the first time, he has remembered what I'm after, and has given me a heads up, which has lead to a deal. Last time was a weapon error ESB Fett MOC, this time, ultra rate Palitoy masks. I owe you a beer or five mate! Thanks also to Mark, who has been a gent throughout the deal and did a fab job of packing such delicate pieces.

Attachments

• 20180829_110200.jpg
    20180829_110200.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 747
  • 20180829_110156.jpg
    20180829_110156.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 767

lejackal

Grand Master
Cazza said:
Gotta say, Carl is an absolute legend. Not for the first time, he has remembered what I'm after, and has given me a heads up, which has lead to a deal. Last time was a weapon error ESB Fett MOC, this time, ultra rate Palitoy masks. I owe you a beer or five mate!
You're welcome mate - they look even better than they did on Facebook!

coomber75

Sith Lord
Have to say great masks, also agree with comment re Carl he's sent me in the right direction for bits... Beers all around!!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Great story Cazza, I managed to hang onto my Tusken mask from when I was a kid but it's a slightly different colour scheme to yours. Could there be two different sets floating about?

If Carl ever does come on a social with us lot I'm pretty sure he'll end up in A&E considering the amount of people who want to by him a beer.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks fellas- to say I'm chuffed is an understatement!

There were definitely two different masks. I think there was a later set around ROTJ, which included a different Tusken mask- more sandy brown colour and a more accurate sculpt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom