Latest Acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally added a plush trilogo Ewok to my collection! Have always liked these.

1C0CE20D-C165-4982-B611-5CF6F73F8CD8.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Finally added a plush trilogo Ewok to my collection! Have always liked these.

1C0CE20D-C165-4982-B611-5CF6F73F8CD8.jpeg

Nice Ewok Ed but do I spot a Profile Hip Hop 12" in your collection?

Ian

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm all for the childhood shop stickers.

That's hard-core nostalgic material - I consider things like that pretty much priceless.

BruceW

Padawan
After what seems like forever, I finally got something for the Leia focus! Princess Leia Helix eraser acquired through a smooth trade with a great UK collector on Facebook. These are nearly impossible to find in the states.
HelixEraser.jpg

Looks great paired with my Helix pencil case!
HelixX2.jpg

I bought the case a few years ago from a Rancho Obi-Wan charity auction (sometimes Steve does sell duplicates, when he finally figures out he has more than one of something :lol: ). I like that the case still has the price sticker on it.

Cheers!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Palifan said:

Yes good spot, I've got lots of late 80s and early 90s classics :)

MarkG

Jedi Master
peekaygee73 said:
I've had two additions this week which, on the face of it, are nothing special. First is a really nice loose Han Bespin which means I've finally completed my loose first 77 run... 24 years after starting it with Han Trench and Leia Poncho! I've a few to upgrade before I decide whether or not to venture into last 17 territory.

Second is the little beauty below. It's just a bog-standard boxed Kenner MISB Speeder Bike with some damage. What's special to me about it are the price stickers - it's originally from one of my childhood toy shops, seemingly from around the time they were clearing out their Star Wars stock. I've known about this particular item for a while and thought I'd managed to get it a year ago, but the seller stopped communicating. It's just popped back up for sale and though I've definitely overpaid on it I couldn't let it slip away again. There were a few anxious days waiting for it to arrive, but it finally came yesterday. It's a bit more beat up than it looks in the pictures but I'm really really pleased with it. That's two down, three to go in the 'local price sticker' focus!

SB.jpg

Great score on the childhood price sticker...and on a Speeder Bike to boot.... I've got one from my childhood store too... to me it's priceless no matter what you paid.

Palifan

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Palifan said:

Yes good spot, I've got lots of late 80s and early 90s classics :)

Good man, looks like we have more in common than just Star Wars, just love some of those classic 12's.

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Very excited today. Got this little beauty in the post. My first 20/21 Back and totally loving the fact that it's a Tusken Raider. Thought it would never happen after missing out on Jez' Luke Xwing Pilot and a few others recently. 1 Down, only another 20 to collect!

Attachments

• 5C7E23DD-0D28-40C4-B5E8-0ECE69125284.jpeg
    5C7E23DD-0D28-40C4-B5E8-0ECE69125284.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 960
  • 15FB8410-F0FE-480C-9715-6D20B5131AAC.jpeg
    15FB8410-F0FE-480C-9715-6D20B5131AAC.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 966

Taffius

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Very excited today. Got this little beauty in the post. My first 20/21 Back and totally loving the fact that it's a Tusken Raider. Thought it would never happen after missing out on Jez' Luke Xwing Pilot and a few others recently. 1 Down, only another 20 to collect!

One word. Ok two: very nice! :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice Tusken and I always wanted to do a first 12 run on 20 backs but with the white price sticker square on the front and offerless. I can't remember off the top of my head which card back variant this is but I think it was a tougher run to put together than a straight 12 back run so decided against it. Getting a 20/21 back run is definitely achievable so take your time and enjoy the journey!

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

One word. Ok two: very nice! :D
Thanks. Super pleased with it.

Palifan said:
Nice Tusken and I always wanted to do a first 12 run on 20 backs but with the white price sticker square on the front and offerless. I can't remember off the top of my head which card back variant this is but I think it was a tougher run to put together than a straight 12 back run so decided against it. Getting a 20/21 back run is definitely achievable so take your time and enjoy the journey!

Ian
The price of 12 backs put me right off. Though not much cheaper I figured my budget could stretch to 2 maybe 3 20/21 backs a year. I know I'll have trouble with Fett, other than that I imagine the pricier ones will be Chewie, Luke and Vader (but I'm only guessing at this early stage in my MOC hunting career).

Palifan

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

Ian
The price of 12 backs put me right off. Though not much cheaper I figured my budget could stretch to 2 maybe 3 20/21 backs a year. I know I'll have trouble with Fett, other than that I imagine the pricier ones will be Chewie, Luke and Vader (but I'm only guessing at this early stage in my MOC hunting career).[/quote]

This was years ago that I put a 12 back run together where I was paying around 350 GBP for a luke and the most expensive was an 80 graded large head Han for 400, those were the days :cry:

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Palifan said:

Ian
The price of 12 backs put me right off. Though not much cheaper I figured my budget could stretch to 2 maybe 3 20/21 backs a year. I know I'll have trouble with Fett, other than that I imagine the pricier ones will be Chewie, Luke and Vader (but I'm only guessing at this early stage in my MOC hunting career).

This was years ago that I put a 12 back run together where I was paying around 350 GBP for a luke and the most expensive was an 80 graded large head Han for 400, those were the days :cry:

Ian[/quote]
Ian, were they Kenner or Palitoy, I assume Palitoy, and how long ago was that?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Palifan said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Ian
Ian, were they Kenner or Palitoy, I assume Palitoy, and how long ago was that?[/quote]

Oh no, not Palitoy even back then, it was a Kenner run and was around 2008.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Cheeky little cardback pick up this morning on eBay

Attachments

• AB4A927D-D136-4F2D-8A37-0519388565E4.png
    AB4A927D-D136-4F2D-8A37-0519388565E4.png
    424.1 KB · Views: 784

Latest posts

Top Bottom