Latest Acquisitions

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
robpmarsh said:
2 new cardbacks...a clean Leia Hoth for my focus and a great 2-1B.

20160704_125919_HDR2_zpsfa0rekbi.jpg

Beautiful cardbacks there

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Shawn, I like that store display image with Vader vs Luke framed by the round window in the Emperor's Throne Room. Although ROTJ never gave us that exact shot it works really well from a visual viewpoint.

The R2 set above is also killer, great group shot! I've never brought myself to buy the Takara version, it seems too far removed from the rest of the figure line, but it looks good here and definitely has the oddball appeal!

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Bit of a deviation from the norm for me. Been after some trailers for a while and this one popped up on eBay. A bit of digging showed this to be a trailer for the first rerelease of ESB in July '81, I believe. Need to firm that up really. Anyway, not much to look at but I like him. Anyone got tips on how to store these things?

ESBt1.jpg

ESBt2.jpg
Cool dry place, no where near a source of heat. Interestingly I also know where to find a Revenge of the Jedi one should you want to try and get a set. No idea if he has any interest in selling mind you, let alone value

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
The R2 set above is also killer, great group shot! I've never brought myself to buy the Takara version, it seems too far removed from the rest of the figure line, but it looks good here and definitely has the oddball appeal!

Same here, I never had any intention of adding him to the collection but saw one for sale and thought he needed a home :D

Matthieu

Padawan
I was finally able to add a Meccano Landspeeder to the collection and I thought this great forum was the right place to post, since this box was designed by Meccano using the UK Palitoy photo art, with the GDE logo (taken from Kenner Canada) and the Meccano logo being added to cover up the SW logo and the Palitoy logo. Meccano did the same with the first release of the X-Wing Fighter (the other two Meccano releases have a different photo art though).

Meccano%20Landspeeder_zps43hkj28y.jpg

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some beautiful stuff recently!

Here's my latest, big thanks to Iain for the help shipping the Luke X-wing!!

image_zpsk5daw1of.jpg

image_zpst8jvrspe.jpg

As far as I know Toni didn't do a Darth so should be fine!!

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Matthieu said:
I was finally able to add a Meccano Landspeeder to the collection and I thought this great forum was the right place to post, since this box was designed by Meccano using the UK Palitoy photo art, with the GDE logo (taken from Kenner Canada) and the Meccano logo being added to cover up the SW logo and the Palitoy logo. Meccano did the same with the first release of the X-Wing Fighter (the other two Meccano releases have a different photo art though).

Meccano%20Landspeeder_zps43hkj28y.jpg

What a beauty !

poncho

Grand Master
shawn - cracking shop header :)
scuffy - what a awesome oddball item one for grant c right there
rob - love the leia focus gorgeous CB
dr_ball i thought the takara r2 was much bigger, it doesnt look put of place in your run. nice photo too 8)
matthieu - wowsers lovely meccano piece :eek:
roundster - lovely moc especially the LXW 8)

poncho

Grand Master
whats that mr pale face PBP DBRS(Dark Brown Rebel Soldier)? ''dont you think this colour suits me'?
P1050550_zpsfx6osr7n.jpg

poncho ''it does yes'''
DBRS ''well i want a metallic blue bespin blaster''
poncho ''WHAT!!!! they cost **** loads! **** off that bag is the closest to you ever seeing that colour!

Anyways...I got fed up of trawling through ebay for months too see if some unknown seller paired one with a lando or BSG or RS with no luck! so i put a call out for a not so perfect Metallic blaster to the community(burned/broken) etc, anyway Stefan came through for me with a damaged one. Im so happy i finally got one be it though 75% of one.

My Beater Pale Face DBRS is now Complete-ish.
P1050559_zpszbyhftkt.jpg

Comparison with standard bespin blaster and metallic if your wondering how it differs
P1050517_zps5lwtpwuo.jpg

Vinyl Jawa

Padawan

Some new arrivals, one of the newer reissues at the back, painted knee Tri-Logo, unpainted knee Tri-Logo, Lili Ledy, Taiwan, and a standard AFA 90 Hong Kong (not pictured).

I need a MOC example now, which I'm hoping to buy from the Vectis auction

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
benny100 said:
Nicely displayed stickers, where are they from?

Cheers - a chap on eBay was selling a bunch and I managed to grab the last two packs he had, I just double checked for you and he hasn't listed any more... The magnetic acrylic frames are how I've displayed quite a few items now, from photographs through to my Lyons Maid lolly wrappers.

Top Bottom