Latest Acquisitions

_Lee_

Sith Lord
jedi_mister said:
I love the yoghurt pots. Took me ages to complete the set.

How many are in the set bud. Ive definately got 4 of them as this lot had:

4 Jabba the Hutt
3 chewbacca
1 darth vader
1 Luke skywalker

Im pretty sure the Ewoks are rare but have no idea which others there are. I got these for a great price, but ill need to clean them. What best to use to clean them?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Admiral Ackbar - Pineapple
Chewbacca - Fudge
Darth Vader - Black Cherry
Ewoks - Banana
Jabba the Hutt - Peach Melba
Luke Skywalker - Raspberry
Princess Leia - Strawberry
Yoda - Gooseberry

Found the answer.Now to search...

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Sorry I didn't reply. Yes those are the set.

1.jpg

The last one I managed to find was the Ackbar but the Ewoks were second to last.

You may want to try some mild form of bleach like Milton. Might be worth experimenting on one of your duplicates :)

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Couple of recent acquisitions.

Got this POTF MOC See-Threepio from Chris (jedisearcher). Second addition to my POTF set.

1.jpg

Also picked this up. Inching ever closer to full set of Ewoks UK comics... :D

2.jpg

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Those yoghurt pots!!! Bloody hell, that's a real blast of 1980s! I remember getting them cos those and whatever was the best free gift in cereal that week were the only decent part of being dragged to the supermarket!

Really great to see them again :D

lejackal

Grand Master
Managed to secure this today for the KayBee focus, don't have it in hand yet but really cannot wait to show it off. Awesome KayBee stickers on this one as well as being a great looking item!

1672753216338337_5664680788298240142_n_zpsmtbtbhzr.jpg

Thanks to Joe for the tip off!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Nice additions fellas, love those Yoghurt pots especially.

One more added to the 12inch set today as well as an amazing condition ANH movie program ( thanks Hooch )

Thought I'd sneak in my new Real Ghostbusters figures as well :)

20160215_142655_zpstmhykb3v.jpg

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Hooch said:
Yoghurt pots are interesting, looks like another ewok item to look for

My latest this time is nothing special, just a few clear bubble Rombas

Wow nice!

Another case find of the Rombas??!

Joe

Grand Master
Like I said in that other thread, yes..there is a finite amount of stuff out there yet people keep on finding bucket loads of it! :mrgreen:

screenshot.gif

Lovely find Hooch, are you going to keep them all? Did you get the shipper too?

Joe

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Hooch, great find mate! And so clear. Love hearing about new discoveries. Share the story!

Yes if there a story please do share! Feel free to start a new thread if you want, perhaps some of the other guys can add their large find stories to it too!

Joe

Grand Master
It's not often I find a variation I haven't seen before, especially for 8D8 - so I have to post this :)

A couple of weeks back you guys might remember Lars (pomse) posted a few pictures of a collection he had bought from France. I had to look twice at the 8D8 figure and Trilogo cardback in one of the pictures to make sure I wasn't seeing things!

It might not look like much but hopefully some of you will have noticed that it's a Meccano card, you can see the mark on the bottom right where the COO sticker was peeled off.

However, even more interesting to me was the punch shape and the size of the bubble that was once sealed to the card..

IMG_20160215_094659.jpg

The punch hole is the regular version and the bubble is the same size as the small bubble Meccano Trilogo which always has the circular punch shape:

IMG_20160215_094704.jpg

Now, you might be thinking "OK so that just means it's a second card variant"..well, it's a bit more interesting than that.

This particular Meccano card with the normal shaped punch was actually already documented but the handful of examples out there have all been found with a different bubble:

IMG_20160215_094653.jpg

This is a comparison picture of both bubbles side by side, one is short and wide and the other is tall and thin:

bubble_comp.jpg

So, the card Lars found was a combination of both known variants. It has the regular punch of the one with the tall thin bubble yet the small bubble of the one with the circular punch!

If that hurt your head hopefully this image makes more sense: :lol:

trio_comp.jpg

Really can't thank Lars enough for sending it on to me, genuinely over the moon!

Meccano Trilogos are notorious for things like this, a variety of different bubbles and sometimes two different cards used for the same figures due to changes during production but these days most are known, this one wasn't!

The fun never ends with variations! :D

PS: I completely appreciate that this kind of thing isn't for everyone and sorry for boring anyone but this was a really cool find for me! :oops:

Sabreman

Padawan
Joe said:
PS: I completely appreciate that this kind of thing isn't for everyone and sorry for boring anyone but this was a really cool find for me! :oops:

Not boring at all, fascinating I love this kind of stuff

Top Bottom