Latest Acquisitions

poncho

Grand Master
behold my most expensive ever starwars item! a Grail piece!A budget Vinyl Caped Jawa from a German Toy dealer via Ebay.de
the cape is original to the figure. Cape has a tear about 8mm under one arm but is not noticeable on display.
got it for £175 on a buy it now some months back now!

its taken me now to display due to a extensive cleaning process as the figure was in terrible condition with paint
embedded into the cape and the figures legs from a childs creative play.

anyway really pleased with it now and its looks amazing imo. il post some before and after pics of the clean up process in a limelight

enjoy 8)

chris

edit 23/06/15 clean up pics http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25926

P1030998_zpseazxrnc3.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
Blinding Chris. That sort of thing is what the hobby is about.

On the Leias, where on Earth did you "pick up" such amazing cards?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Chris, amazing job on the jawa. Would love to see what it was like before the cleaning.

Those Leia cards are awesome. I hadn't seen the tall Meccano card before nor the Clipper. Superb.

Simon

BruceW

Padawan
spoons said:
Lads of excellent additions as ever, I love the SW Characters on ESB cards - such an iconic logo

The trem and micro Falcon are also particularly fantastic

But Bruce are you sure that Leia isn't just a doll ;)

Congrats on the pick up!

:lol: Well, out of context like this, it does look like "just a doll" with a familiar hairstyle. But, it came out in the 1980's and with that hair and a white dress, I'm betting it was a cash grab from a Mexican toy company to get some of that sweet Star Wars money.

I know I've said that I'm not buying any ugly Leia stuff, and that's still true. This was a gift. So, I'm still not buying that ugly damned Sigma mug, but if someone were to give me one, well that's different.

Speaking of Leias:

maxf said:
Do you ever feel like you're accidentally stumbling into a character focus?

Here are a couple of items I picked up recently - neither are 'mint' (although both sealed) and both are looking like the photo was taken on a 1995 digital camera (iphone 5 actually!). Meccano and Clipper 12 backs.

Apologies for the terrible photo!

18402112173_1ba45b6e95_z.jpg

Jesus that photo is terrible on the big screen - I will take a better one asap!

Very nice pick ups, man!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great VC Jawa and the story is what it's all about.

This 65 back arrived today, shame the bubble cracked in the post but I got it for under £25 so still very pleased. :D :D

image.jpg1_zps3o1xedce.jpg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Wow! A few stunning pieces guys :D
Big love for the VCJ and at a fantastic price too

My two pics of recent goodness:

IMG_3798_zpsjr1u336a.jpg

A bit battered and worn, but he completes the mission of one of each figure (excluding variants like VCJ or DTs) on any cardback. The bubble crease and card damage actually looks a bit less dramatic in hand, I think the light in the picture has overly accentuated it.... oh well, I'm still over the moon!

Secondly the forum's own Iain Sanderson was kind enough to dig through his buckets of beaters (hence why I'm posting in the LA thread with these) and pull together a dirty (literally) dozen beater Luke X-Wing pilots for me. For a long time I've wanted to try making up some custom figs, but was never brave enough, the rebel pilots certainly have the scope to play around with that after a week or so of spending my evenings painting and reconfiguring have turned out to be quite a nice run of homemade customs... if I do say so myself!

IMG_3799_zpsqzux7n0b.jpg

Grant

Sith Lord
Great pick ups EVERYONE... Just one question... How the fu*k does Greedo the XWP manage to get his flight helmet on. :wink:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Great work guys! Stunning Leias, awesome Yak and custom pilots, nice Klaatu.

Love the VCJ! Have you got a 'before' pic for comparison?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Steve, really digging those customs mate, they look great. And happy you finally found a carded Yak - with a Gaffi stick no less! Good work mate 8)

That VCJ looks really good too, and at a reasonable price - and yes, lets see some before and after pics if you have them :)

Good pick ups here guys.

spoons

Grand Master
that last page - outstanding :shock: Leias, MOC hauls with Palitoy, Yak, VC Jawa and a bargain at that. A real shame Klaatu cracked as he looks absolutely mint, and those customs are fantastic

Here's my latest, a bit rough around the edges but one more off my Palitoy die cast list - and I've suddenly found myself with a mini Darth Vader TIE run :D The only downer is I ended up paying £20 customs and handling twice and the value was only marked at $50 - thieving bastards!

I've got a die cast grail arriving next - very excited :mrgreen:

Palitoy%20Darth%20Vader%20TIE%20front_zpsas2r3eky.jpg

Darth%20Vader%20TIEs%20_zpsvkyfxsdb.jpg

TheGent

Jedi Master
Those custom X-Wing Pilots remind me of the Biggs I did a while ago ... :lol:
pqsay.jpg

Stunning Squadron there! Congrats!

TheGent

Jedi Master
Although I won't leave my SW focus, this advanced tie fighter is such a cool vehicle!
Shame they didn't have that much screentime (compared to regular Tie Fighters)!

Top Bottom