Latest Acquisitions

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Did the first carboot of the year in these parts and drew a total blank, there were a few EP1 books being sold, but sadly no vintage... As I headed home, my son spotted a sign tied to a lamppost advertising a toy fair in Cirencester :eek:
So 35 minutes later amidst a room full of trains, Action Man and Dinky cars, I'm rooting through a couple of bags and boxes of loosies on a table that openly has a dozen, shall we say 'custom card and bubble' figures in star cases... knowing full well the weapons are likely to be repro I take a punt on a few variant figures I don't have for just a few quid each:

IMG_3046_zpssvvtvb3i.jpg

plain blue 2-1B (no staff)
Squid Head tan cape
Akbar with the darker painted body
Luke Jedi with a popper cape

Now I'm home and expecting to be binning off the weapons and emailing Iain :lol: ... quick test later and all the weapons that were there actually check out to be fine #score

TheGent

Jedi Master
Wow, a cheap tan cape squid head - wish that would happen to me once...
Here's my latest, a low emblems tan face Luke X-wing in nice condition!
ewu3a.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
TheGent said:

Nice pick up. I have been after one of these variants with the different helmet paint apps for a while myself. I missed the last one Iain had.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Nice loosies there Steve, especially the popper cape Luke.

That Luke X Wing is hard to find in decent condition so that was a good pick up.

Seems I wasn't the only one who was after the last one Iain had! :)

That Luke cardback is also very nice!

HandSolo

Youngling
TheGent said:
ewu3a.jpg
Am I meant to be impressed ?

HandSolo

Youngling
SublevelStudios said:

That Luke X Wing is hard to find in decent condition so that was a good pick up.

Not hard to find? Wow you must be new here.

HandSolo

Youngling
SublevelStudios said:

cool ~!

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Received a great package this morning courtesy of Iain, via Neil..
Five absolutely Mint Loose, first 12 figures. Really happy with the R2D2 figure and the Tuskan raider!
IMG_20150407_100613.jpg

Mint R2...
IMG_20150407_102341.jpg

Also picked up this really nice Brown hair, No COO Luke Bespin figure for the guide :D
IMG_20150407_102504.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
As usual, some excellent pick-ups guys 8)

Lovely Tri-Logos Ben, very nice loose stuff Jeff & Savory.

TheGent, hat Luke X-Wing is stunning.

Awesome Luke cardback as well!

And finally, fantastic attitude HandSolo- you're obviously a really top bloke and a great addition to the forum :)

My latest:

ESB Hoth Stormtrooper, bought from Dan (SOJ). Given up being able to find an affordable Palitoy, so went for this. Nice condition and more importantly one of my childhood favourites.
DSC_0030_zpscbylgbb3.jpg

Next up- VERY chuffed with this- is a white Tie Fighter from a neighbour's loft find http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24826 . It's nice and white, the wing mechs work perfectly and the electrics work (after a little tinkering ;) ). This is the first Tie I've ever owned (apart for a Darth Tie model kit when I was a kid).

DSC_0027_zpsfnamwlel.jpg

DSC_0028_zpsskugixvg.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsoxs3oogz.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
Did the first carboot of the year in these parts and drew a total blank, there were a few EP1 books being sold, but sadly no vintage... As I headed home, my son spotted a sign tied to a lamppost advertising a toy fair in Cirencester :eek:
So 35 minutes later amidst a room full of trains, Action Man and Dinky cars, I'm rooting through a couple of bags and boxes of loosies on a table that openly has a dozen, shall we say 'custom card and bubble' figures in star cases... knowing full well the weapons are likely to be repro I take a punt on a few variant figures I don't have for just a few quid each:

IMG_3046_zpssvvtvb3i.jpg

plain blue 2-1B (no staff)
Squid Head tan cape
Akbar with the darker painted body
Luke Jedi with a popper cape

Now I'm home and expecting to be binning off the weapons and emailing Iain :lol: ... quick test later and all the weapons that were there actually check out to be fine #score

Great news on the weapons! 8) Used to go to this when I first started collecting 20 or so years ago. Got some good pieces then. Went to the last one a few weeks ago. There was one Star Wars focused table- guessing it's the same one that you got your figures from. He had a good selection of stuff, but it was pretty much all incomplete. Prices seemed fairly sensible. I took my Leia Poncho MOC to sell, but they weren't interested. There were a couple of collectors there who told me it must be fake before they'd even had a proper look. They then said I should definitely get it graded :lol: We had an interesting conversation! A lot of collectors are pretty ignorant- it's all about grading. They looked shocked when I told them I didn't need someone else to tell me how good my figures are. Think they got the point in the end, particularly when I said I would miss being able to handle them.

Top Bottom