Landspeeder box variations

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I have stumbled across something new to me. I know the landspeeder was issued in both a "Non-LP logo" box and a "LP-Logo" box. For more info read here:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39600

As I have been looking for "Non-LP" logo one I came across this example (Live Ebay link..but priced way over the top):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Star-W...8793ad1&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=262102500931

This one has the LP logo on one side and not on the other. This is not documented to my knowledge and begs the question of when it was issued.

Any ideas?

Richard_H

Grand Master
Scroll down to landspeeders but isn't the first one pictured the same? LP on one side and not the other?

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137p60-project-outside-the-box-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-mini-rigs-other-boxed-products#US Kenner SW Landspeeder

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It is, but the one I own has the LP logo on both sides. So there are three different versions:

LP logo both sides
LP logo one side
No LP logo

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Both mine standard & special offer version have the logo both sides BTW Todd, never considered this before TBH

and this is why I say this one is a 3rd variation. I never really realized this one existed until I was looking for a "Non-LP "Logo one and looked at both sides of the box. Plust the text "Action figures not included" does not appear on this box.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Saw this one on facebook just now, the small bottom left text on this says "scaled for mini action figures", rather than "action figures not included".

12193434_1636828466593450_6795638436129929675_n.jpg

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Great catch Todd. My US version has the LP logo on one side only while my German shrink wrapped version has the logo on both sides. It would be interesting to know which version was released first.

US

Germany

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
Both mine standard & special offer version have the logo both sides BTW Todd, never considered this before TBH

The Special Offer sticker items came later and so I think this suggests that LP logo on both sides is the 2nd issue. This is further borne out by Capetown's German box (which would have released later than in the US) which also has LP on both sides.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
From alot of discussions with others..It would appear that possibly the one with a Logo on one side were transistional between 1978 to 1979 then they went to the No LP logo. This variation can be found on the X-Wing boxes as well. This means there are three variations of the Kenner SW X-wing boxes(LP logo, LP one side, No LP) as well as the landspeeder. Whew! More to look for.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I first noticed there were 3 versions of the SW X-Wing when I saw an example with the LP logo on both sides. I own the example with the LP logo on one side. I have also seen the 79 example with no LP logo which also shows Luke in his X-Wing outfit on the side of the box.
I also have the Land Speeder with the LP logo on one side.
At a guess I would imagine the double sided LP logo would have been released first as 2 LPs can b cut down to one LP etc :idea:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom