Knock off MTV-7??

Hey guys,

Just going through my collection and came across this MTV-7 mini rig. I don't remember having two as a child but apparently I did. One of them is as expected with all the right markings etc but this one seems a bit off. It looks and feels cheaper than my other one and I can't make out what is written inside. Could this be a knock off or were some factories just making these out of different/cheaper materials? I'm still new to this so sorry if this is an obvious question.

Cheers

J
DBDFFEE1-575F-4760-A902-5D5DFD29F6D3.jpeg
CDB93087-4B22-4564-BB49-BEB65BB64D1A.jpeg
DBBDD83F-019A-477B-B620-B28DE4B4AA69.jpeg

Attachments

• EC11153F-7811-4C0C-A7E6-90C29DA51321.jpeg
    EC11153F-7811-4C0C-A7E6-90C29DA51321.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 50

lejackal

Grand Master
They were made in different factories as far as I know and there is definitely an Uzay Turkish bootleg which could be different, so if you or a family member took a holiday to turkey it's entirely feasible you could have one. I don't know enough about them to say either way though I'm afraid

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Carl is right about the Uzay variant but they were very careful to avoid referencing anything Star Wars so I would be surprised if they left the copyright stamp on it.
I don't own an Uzay MTV but I have checked my Vader sprue and the coo is blanked out.
It's more than likely that it was just made in different factory.

lejackal

Grand Master
Carl is right about the Uzay variant but they were very careful to avoid referencing anything Star Wars so I would be surprised if they left the copyright stamp on it.
I don't own an Uzay MTV but I have checked my Vader sprue and the coo is blanked out.
It's more than likely that it was just made in different factory.
Should've zoomed in 🙈
I'd say Scott is correct in his assessment of the COO

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I have an uzay and I don't think this one here is one. The scarred coo on mini rigs are similar to the figures and mean it's a euro one from a bilogo box.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
There is some difference between the vehicles from the kenner and euro boxes. All mtv-7 with scar come from bilogo boxes and there is different type of scars. If I remember correct all mini rig vehicles from euro boxes like bi-logo and tri-logo has scar on the vehicles there can also be other difference in plastic and color.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom