Jez's Vintage Homage and Luke X-Wing Focus: Final Show August 2016

Jez

Sith Lord
Thank you very much for the kind comments.
I'll get around to doing an update when i get the chance.
I've added a few MOCs but i'm hoping to have the prototype Luke coin displayed nicely before long.
Not sure about head removals i'm afraid dude.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
What you have even more? Bloody hell can you leave some stuff for the rest of us!

Thanks for the reply on Luke x wings head.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
Man, I have never seen this one before, Jez. Really amazing stuff and a clean and tasteful display. And your LXW focus is just INSANE!

Jez

Sith Lord
This will need an update soon as it hasn't had one since last Dec but i just wanted to bump it as i might have to break this little lot up :cry:
The good news is that after living in military house for ever, Jules and i have found a house for sale which we've fallen in love with and will be perfect for the family as its close to my next RAF station and between the 2 likely RAF bases i'll be working at in the future, and really close to the kids school and commutable for Jules' hospital job. Being in Oxford though it's stretching us to the point that i'd have to sell the carded and bootleg collection. I'd keep the loose and sentimental items but need to sell to get a deposit together.
It may be that our offer on the house gets turned down and we stay living in a military house, but changing jobs next this month does force another house move upon us and we are getting fed up with the lack of stability. With the kids now processing to senior school this is the right time to settle down as i want to afford them stability and consistency.
Houses in Oxford/Watlington are just so bloody expensive!
If this lot is up for sale, you best get to Farthest From!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Always sad to hear when someone feels they have to sell especially when it's a collection as lovely as this... You're absolutely right though; some things transcend a toy collection and your family is bound to be top of that list!

Hope you get your house!

Jez

Sith Lord
Thank you.

Well this morning i heard the news that i've been waiting for. The seller of a house which will suit us really well and offer my family the stability that i want to give them therefore has accepted my offer and therefore i will be breaking this collection up.

Several people have already messaged me with a few requests, please bear with me. I am a bit busy tonight. It is my intention to break away from a family weekend on Saturday night, travel home and load up my car so i can drive to fording bridge on Sunday to sell to you guys in person at Farthest From.

Breaking this up will be a hard thing to do so i won't be doing really silly low prices, i'm not a dealer and can't afford to do 'mates rates' or i wouldn't be selling. Having said that everything which i sell will be at FF and comes complete with the reassurance of holding it in hand first of all and with an acrylic case. I do need to sell therefore i do plan on being competitive.
I certainly don't want to charge over the odds though. I have taken on board what people are suggesting are fair prices and Iain has kindly offered to provide me with valuations as has Nick. Thanks lads.

I'll also be at the London meet up at the end of September.

Finally, i have to much Star Wars in me to get rid of it all. I think we can afford to do this (buy the house) by selling my non LXW MOCs, therefore i will be keeping the lose figures and the LXW collection.

I'm not quitting on the hobby though; i will still be a member of this forum, go to future FFs and hopefully remain part of the podcast.
Cheers lads

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Great news on the house Jez. Getting rid of your non LXW stuff doesnt make you any less of a collector. That's a great collection in it's own right! Good luck with the sales at FF and elsewhere, will be in Liverpool this weekend.

:)

cheers Jason

Vinyl Jawa

Padawan
Wonderful stuff, Jez.

Hope you and everyone else has a great day at FF. I'd love to be going, but I can't get off work, and i'd need a couple of days to get there. Maybe next time.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Jez, fantastic news on the house mate- family always comes first and sounds like a superb opportunity. You'll be able to start rebuilding a collection when you've got on your feet again. Also fantastic news that you can keep your treasured LXW focus- that's a real bonus- chuffed for you that you've managed to do this 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom