It’s not Star Wars but still a nice loft find!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I went up in my M&D's loft the other day. Found a bunch of things... some vintage cars, some Hornby and these two classic Nintendo games. Both still working. Brought back some memories playing these again and will be great for my daughter to have a go on. Somewhere up there is my Micro Machines too.

Attachments

• 022F54C6-B7AD-4322-AEED-52DF3D76F45A.jpeg
    022F54C6-B7AD-4322-AEED-52DF3D76F45A.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 118

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
nice one!!!

I had a load of these when I was a kid, donkey kong and oil panic were the first ones I got

I remember the Zelda one being my favourite!

I use to pick them up at carboot sales 10 years ago for a couple of pounds each but now they are very collectable and go for nearer the hundred mark

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I always remember Donkey Kong, but I'd forgotten about Snoopy Tennis. Amazing it all comes flooding back... Lucy pops up and hits the ball back twice as fast.

And in Donkey Kong I always found it easiest to flick the switch and pelt it for the run and jump to grab the hook, dropped straight back into doing it like it was only yesterday. :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Awesome, used to love these things. Part of our childhoods! They were all about timing and some of them were quite tricky. I remember putting the pin in the reset hole and every single graphic came on/lit up. Great memories :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I had Snoopy Tennis, bought it at Gatwick airport in 1989, as our flight had been delayed, as something to kill the time.
I only used for that holiday, put it away and forgot about it as you do.
Re discovered it a few years ago and looked at prices on eBay, and was astounded.
I think that they were expensive in the first place, but sold my one (it was mint in a mint box with all paper work etc.) for just under £100!
There are collectors of these, no surprise there, I think that the Donkey Kong one is even more sort after.
Great find, this has brought back some happy memories of sitting in the sun playing Snoopy Tenis, thanks for sharing.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Awesome, used to love these things. Part of our childhoods! They were all about timing and some of them were quite tricky. I remember putting the pin in the reset hole and every single graphic came on/lit up. Great memories :D
Yes, I remember doing that also!

tigerham

Sith Lord
Great find!

I remember these. I had the Octopus game and also the Micro-Machines Boxing too. Loved them. :) Thanks for sharing.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I've also got my original DK in box and my brother's Mini Munchman (Grandstand rather than Nintendo but same type of thing). They were sort of a precursor to Gameboys and very cool in the 80's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom