****ING CUSTOMS SLUTS!!!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
stormcab said:
That search will be logged into your search history fellas, so will come back to haunt you one day :))

I am sure that some of these deviants have searched for worse!

Does go to show what is readily available now though - bloody shocking considering what we had available as young lads - I remember wearing out the pause button on the video just to get a glimpse of Glen Closes's boobies and Sharon Stone's snatch!

Haha, i used to freeze frame parts of Porky,s and Revenge of the Nerds :)

stormcab

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
itfciain said:
stormcab said:
That search will be logged into your search history fellas, so will come back to haunt you one day :))

I am sure that some of these deviants have searched for worse!

Does go to show what is readily available now though - bloody shocking considering what we had available as young lads - I remember wearing out the pause button on the video just to get a glimpse of Glen Closes's boobies and Sharon Stone's snatch!

Haha, i used to freeze frame parts of Porky,s and Revenge of the Nerds :)

I want to say "dirty bastards", but guilty as hell myself :D :D

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Good luck in getting a refund, I know how frustrating it is getting hit with such ridiculous import charges then another sting in the tail from royal mail who then rob you of another £8 for no reason at all other than they just can. I have fell victim to the government rip off charges a couple of times. Yet importing stuff from any other country ive never been charged a penny.

I will keep them crossed for you that you get some money back.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
WOO HOO!!!

Opened a later a few minutes back that came yesterday.Id left it in my car and forgotten about it :D The ****ers are refunding me £45 :D of course the extortionate parcel force handle fees will not be refunded. Imagine all that work for £13 :roll: wankers.

Big thanks to Max for giving me that code as it worked.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
That's great news, glad to hear that some people do actually get money back when you question them about their ridiculous rip off charges.

Leigh77-85

Padawan
Please don't start me on Royal Mail and Parcelforce. They should be the mot trust worthy service to use. There are loads of them stealing and when you make a claim there responses and service is absolutely disgusting. They try and blame the person sending it!!!!! The only service that has ever worked for me is Special next day delivery. OK for decent value stuff but not small. They are the biggest scam going. They should have a police investigation instigated for theft and fraud on every stolen sorry lost item.

lejackal

Grand Master
Jumping on the bandwagon for this one, if a seller has put a higher value on the customs form than the amount paid is it pretty much just tough, pay up?

itfciain

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Jumping on the bandwagon for this one, if a seller has put a higher value on the customs form than the amount paid is it pretty much just tough, pay up?

If you have a receipt then you should be able to put in a claim - although don't expect a quick response

lejackal

Grand Master
itfciain said:
lejackal said:

If you have a receipt then you should be able to put in a claim - although don't expect a quick response
Thanks Iain, am I right in thinking they will have added 20% to the postage cost as well?

itfciain

Grand Master
lejackal said:
itfciain said:
lejackal said:

Thanks Iain, am I right in thinking they will have added 20% to the postage cost as well?

I know that customs do occasionally add the total postage costs into their sums as well - it all seems a bit random to be honest - guess it depends on what mood they are in

Richard_H

Grand Master
Twats sent me a letter wanting more info including an invoice where the price is separate from the p & p. It was a FB deal. ****ing twats. Will my PayPal invoice do or will they want my FB pm thread? Twats. ****ing twattish twats.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Twats sent me a letter wanting more info including an invoice where the price is separate from the p & p. It was a FB deal. ****ing twats. Will my PayPal invoice do or will they want my FB pm thread? Twats. ****ing twattish twats.

If your PP invoice details the postage and goods separately then I think that would do do and they'll cave at that point. If it's just a single total without details of what the goods are (even as vague as "toys" would be sufficient I reckon ) then you'll have to find the thread.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:

they really make it hard- this is NOT about avoiding legitimate taxes owing. So what happens if Grandma in Australia sends you a $500 Christmas present/heirloom- a VINTAGE no longer in production item as per the 'rules' Correct form & code is listed- there is no invoice/receipt...... :cry:

plantman

Sith Lord
and have you ever tried to claim for anything over £50 and won...they fought until the end on my damaged and crushed yak face, told me it was too fragile anyway and to take them to small claims court, arseholes.

Richard_H

Grand Master
It's looking as though the commodity code is being phased out. After a call today they said that the code we've been using is to be intended for items over 100 years and will cover antiques only. So a 99 year old antique will stay pay 20%. Some of those who've received refunds are lucky. It depends on who is handling the case. They will not be lucky in future.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Richard_H said:
It's looking as though the commodity code is being phased out. After a call today they said that the code we've been using is to be intended for items over 100 years and will cover antiques only. So a 99 year old antique will stay pay 20%. Some of those who've received refunds are lucky. It depends on who is handling the case. They will not be lucky in future.

This is disappointing news. I have cast my net as far and wide as I can in the UK for the remaining 12 backs I am after, but to no avail. Not even a nibble. Am starting to look over the pond and try to work out costs. But adding 20% plus postage is not going to be viable.

Did HMRC say when the commodity code will be phased out, Richard?

Richard_H

Grand Master
I have a contact now at the commodity codes office - after Border Force were next to useless. I've asked them that and many other questions.

For example, imagine that Iain Sanderson ( :D ) sent me a MOC valued at £1000+ for free and as a gift. Do I pay 20% VAT on it? What about if he wants to send me a cheque for £1000?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
I have a contact now at the commodity codes office - after Border Force were next to useless. I've asked them that and many other questions.

For example, imagine that Iain Sanderson ( :D ) sent me a MOC valued at £1000+ for free and as a gift. Do I pay 20% VAT on it? What about if he wants to send me a cheque for £1000?

The gift limit is £34. Any more than this and you're charged duty and VAT in the normal way.

There is no charge or currency, I believe, but you could be subject to tax for unearned income if the circumstances dictated (frequency and size of gift).

Apologies if already linked but the full guide is here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users

And an edited summary of what to expect (assuming the commodity code disappears):

3. Charges
3.1 How are import charges calculated?

Customs Duty - becomes payable if the goods are over £135 in value but is waived if the amount, when calculated is less than £7.

The amount of Customs Duty charged will depend on the type of goods imported and the value stated on the customs declaration CN22/CN23 (converted to £sterling using the rates of exchange for the month of importation as shown on the HMRC website).

The percentage varies depending on the type of goods and their country of origin. Duty is charged on:

the price paid for the goods
+
any local sales taxes
+
postage, packing and insurance

However, the cost of postage is excluded from the calculation for Customs Duty on gifts except where the sender has used the Express Mail Service (EMS) as opposed to a standard mail service.

Where the value of gifts is below £630 per consignment, a flat rate of duty of 2.5% will be applied, but only if it is to your advantage (this is DUTY, not VAT, which is still applied at the usual 20%)

Excise Duty - Booze, fags and perfume so doesn't apply to SW....

Value Added Tax (VAT) -Imported goods over £15 in value, and on gifts that are over £34 in value. The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the:

basic value of goods
+
postage, packing and insurance
+
any import (Customs or Excise) duties charged

NOTICE THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE: For Excise duty it's "price paid for the goods" whereas for VAT it's "basic value of goods". I'm trying to think how this could be argued in out favour, but can't think. Could you argue that the Trilogo YAk with his £1.59 sticker is only valued at that? :D I somehow doubt it...

As with Customs Duty, the cost of postage is excluded from the calculation for VAT on gifts except where the sender has used the Express Mail Service (EMS) as opposed to a standard mail service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom