I'm back, and i need some advice.

andrewmcgeoch

Padawan
Hello all, Im THINKING about trying to shift my remaining figures. Can you give me rough evaluations for these guys? Don't worry i will be on here to sell first with all the appropriate pricing photos etc.
Here is a pic to give an idea of what i have. They are all in good condition, just a couple of squished bubbles here and there.

http://i.imgur.com/YrzvTL7.jpg?1

Any pricing advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm still learning so stand to be corrected but what I think for these is;
Klaatu £20
ERG £40-£70
Endor Leia £50-60
Logray £30-40
Trilogo Ree Yees £25-£35
Trilogo Anakin £30-40
Trilogo sensoscope R2 £80-100
Trilogo pop up R2 £250-300
Teebo £30-40
At-At Driver £50-60
Bossk £60-80
Madine £30-40
Biker Scout £45-60
Stormtrooper £70-90
Gam Guard £30-40
Nikto £20-30

Joe would be good to ask on the Trilogos and I'm sure alot of others will help with the rest or tell you if I'm out on the above.

Good luck with the sales

itfciain

Grand Master
These were an amazing find and Andrew was a great guy to deal with - think a lot of the guys on the forum at the time got some great pieces and packaging was second to none as well

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
The pop up R2 is worth £400 plus , really going up in value these days !

hard to see the full condition of all the figures

Good luck if you selling

lejackal

Grand Master
steve obi wan said:
The pop up R2 is worth £400 plus , really going up in value these days !

hard to see the full condition of all the figures

Good luck if you selling

Bloody hell!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow, look at all those lovely Tri-logos and Palitoy ROTJ figures!

Caveats around condition (assuming C8 or better), but a few prices on the Trilogos for you. As mentioned, Joe is your man on these but he's just moved so just in case he doesn't get around to responding, here's my thoughts on some:

EV-9D9 - £200
Romba - £90
R2-D2 pop up sabre - £400 (folks will say it's not worth that but that's what it sells for :? )
Lando Skiff - £50 (one sold on forum last night!)
R5-D4 - £200
Squid Head - £40
Rancor Keeper £40
R2 Sensorscope £90
Yoda EDITED (had originally put 350-400 but that would appear to be ludicrous based on Ben's knowledge, below)

And some others (does vary depending on card back):
Darth Vader £100
Hammerhead £100
Boba Fett £350-400?
ERG - £60

Looking forward to to the sales thread as there's a few Palitoys and Tris that I'd like.

This was a find? Nice :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Some real nice pieces there. Seems there is a story behind this if anyone can link the original thread, that would be a good read.

I think I am seeing toy Toni's in there as well though. Some details on the card backs would help as I'm not Jason and can't spot all the cad back types from the front of the cards.

The trilogo yoda is a moc I am interested in and have seen a few sell recently, particularly at vectis. I would suggest it's worth betwen £150 and £180, condition dependant. Vectis have sold maybe about 8, maybe more recently and not one has gone £200 or over. They have sold them as low as £130. Iain sold a minter recently for £180 I think.

Good luck if you decide to sell.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I stand corrected on Yoda in which case, Ben :) I had thought he'd been going for silly money at Vectis at around 400 hammer. God knows where I got that from. And I certainly missed the FS thread here with him on. Gutted!

lejackal

Grand Master
Glad my guestimates seem to be in the right ballpark with the obvious exception of the pop up Artoo. From a personal point would love to see a FS thread after the 30th as I've just spent my budget this month but lets be honest, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

Once again good luck if you do sell :p

Joe

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Some real nice pieces there. Seems there is a story behind this if anyone can link the original thread, that would be a good read.

Andrew's original thread is here Ben, really was a great find: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12411

As you can see from the valuations in that thread, things have changed ever so slightly :shock: What a different world it was in 2012..just three years ago :?

All the best with selling your last few figures Andrew, I remember buying a couple of figures from you a while back and the packaging was really the best I've ever seen - so you can buy with confidence guys.

PS: Thanks for mentioning me Carl + Simon. While I would usually throw my opinion in on values (especially on Trilogos) I must admit that these days I actually prefer not to. While I have a good grasp on which figures are common/rare/valuable and the prices they *should* sell for there are far too many people throwing money around right now.

The prices that some sellers seem to be achieving these days for bog standard common figures quite often shocks me and makes me feel like some kind of out of touch fossil!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe, without sounding like a kiss ass: you're the authority on these and their relative rarity. When you post, I for one learn. The estimates I put up were based on very limited knowledge and what I'd seen, some on what I'd paid and, indeed sold, recently. You have a decade or two more experience than me so please, add your valuations even if they make mine look as ill-informed as they probably are! I make myself look stupid in the real world on a regular basis, I think my cyber-self can stand the same humiliation once in a while :D

Even if your prices are, in some cases, slightly out of date, so what? If a few more folk waded in with more realistic prices in these threads then you may eventually get the market to head in the right direction!

So, if you have the time, please go ahead and add your thoughts!

itfciain

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:

I think I am seeing toy Toni's in there as well though. Some details on the card backs would help as I'm not Jason and can't spot all the cad back types from the front of the cards.

Good luck if you decide to sell.

Joe has linked to the story but from the information we were provided back then I would expect that these are legit - no reason for them to have been TTs

Joe

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Joe, without sounding like a kiss ass: you're the authority on these and their relative rarity. When you post, I for one learn. The estimates I put up were based on very limited knowledge and what I'd seen, some on what I'd paid and, indeed sold, recently. You have a decade or two more experience than me so please, add your valuations even if they make mine look as ill-informed as they probably are! I make myself look stupid in the real world on a regular basis, I think my cyber-self can stand the same humiliation once in a while :D

Oh you big bum licker! :lol:

I didn't mean your estimates (or anyone elses) were off, just that when I see things sell for far more than I would normally value them at, my valuations then tend to be seen as out of date - so I'd rather say nothing!

ScruffyLookingNH said:
Even if your prices are, in some cases, slightly out of date, so what? If a few more folk waded in with more realistic prices in these threads then you may eventually get the market to head in the right direction!

Well that's true but sadly there are far more people interested in making money out of others in this hobby than there are realistic collectors who know their ****! Being outspoken but outnumbered doesn't always work out well lol

ScruffyLookingNH said:
So, if you have the time, please go ahead and add your thoughts!

Not quite the same as my own valuations but I've just gone back and checked out Andrew's last sale list from 2012. I'm pretty sure all of the figures he still has are in this list (from a quick scan at least):

Yoda, the Jedi master (palitoy, 70, bubble damage on left) £200
Anakin Skywalker (palitoy, 70, un punched, no damage) £55
Romba (palitoy, 70, bubble damage on top, un punched) £50
Rancor Keeper (palitoy, 70, bubble badly crushed at bottom.) £25
Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho) (palitoy, 70, slight bubble damage on front, un-punched £140
Squid Head (palitoy, 70, bubble cerushed on front) £25
R2-D2 (with Sensorscope) (palitoy, 70, very slight bubble damage) £60
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise) (palitoy, 70, bubble damage top) £25
R2-D2 with pop up Lightsabre (palitoy, 70, bubble damage top, un-punched) £140
R5-D4 (palitoy, 70, slight bubble damage, un-punched) £120
Han Solo (In Trench Coat) (Palitoy, 70, bubble crushed at top, un-punched) £25
Ree-Yees (palitoy, 70, bubble dented at top) £30
EV-9D9 (palitoy, 70, very slight bubble crease only on top corners.) £150

ROTJ MOC's for sale-

Emperors Royal guard (kenner, 77, bubble slightly yellow, no damage) £80
Boba Fett (kenner, 79, double bubble, creasing on top of bubble) £350
Dengar (kenner, 77, double bubble, un- punched, bubble yellowing) £50
Logray (Ewock Medicine Man) (kenner, 65, bubble yellowing, but no damage) £35
Biker Scout (kenner, 77, bubble slightly yellowing, no damage) £50
Hammerhead (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, no damage, un punched) £70
Nien Nunb (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, no damage, un punched) £45
Admiral Ackbar (Kenner, 77, slightly yellowing, no damage, un punched) £45
Gamorrean Guard (kenner, 65, bubble yellowing, double bubble, slight damage right side) £50
Nikto (kenner, 79, bubble clear, damage to bottom right of bubble, un punched) £50
Luke Skywalker (Blonde) (palitoy, 65, mint) £225
Bossk (Bounty Hunter) (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, cardboard insert, unpunched)) £50
Rebel Commander (kenner, 77, double bubble, yellowing, no damage, un punched) £35
IG-88 (kenner, 77, un punched, clear bubble, no damage) £110
Prncess Leia Organa (In Combat Poncho) (kenner, 79, unpunched, hat in extra bubble, no damage, slightly yellowing) £55
General Madine (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, no damage) £35
Rebel Solidier (Hoth Battle gear) (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, no damage, un punched) £45
8D8 (kenner, 79, double bubble, yellowing, no damage) £65
Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown) (kenner, unpunched, bubble yellowing, bubble good condition) £70
Teebo (kenner, 79, double bubble, yellowing) £55
Klaatu (palitoy, 65, bubble yellowing) £20
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatiuges) (palitoy, 45, yellow external lightsabre, creasing to top of bubble £85
AT-AT Driver (palitoy, 65, bubble creased top right and bottom left) £55
C-3PO with Removable Limbs (kenner, 77, bubble yellowing but good condition) £45
Greedo (Kenner, 77, bubble yellowing, crease on top of bubble) £65
Stormtrooper (palitoy, 65, crease on top and sides of bubble) £60
Stormtrooper (palitoy, mint, punched) £80
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit) (palitoy, 65, mint, punched) £50
Darth Vader (Palitoy, 65, Roj/2, slight crease on right of bubble) £95

My advice is stick to the prices you originally had them listed for and see what happens, they seem "about right" to me (Maybe bump the R2 pop up a little..) obviously they were a tad too high for the members here in 2012 but..times have changed.

All the best!

PS: Simon pucker up!! :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
PS: Simon pucker up!! :D

You know I love ya, Joe, but my lips are spoken for ;)

Got to say, I know people talk about insane price rises over the last few years, but I'd say a lot of those seem to be quite sensible in today's climate. Sure, some are low (R2 for one, as you say, but also the Han Trench and perhaps the R5, to name a few) but they're not to bad.

And if the Palitoy Luke, Vader and better Stormtrooper come on the market at those prices I'm going to find it tough to say no :)

Joe

Grand Master
You know I love ya, Joe, but my lips are spoken for

Damn! :mrgreen:

As for Andrew's prices, perhaps when you see certain prices on the list they jump out as "cheap" but it's important to remember that some did have imperfections/faults, knocks to the bubbles, wavy cards etc. None were beaters (far from it) but some definitely did have issues, which (at the time at least) played a part in their valuation (as I said earlier though, these were initially offered up in 2012 and things hadn't yet gone berserk!)

Old link to the individual shots still works if anyone wants to check them out in more detail: https://plus.google.com/photos/103393335070142884687/albums/5778879402580688513?banner=pwa

andrewmcgeoch

Padawan
Cheers for all the responses and kind words about my sales. Also thanks for all the pm's! I will respond to all of you soon, I have a 3 month old son who is somewhat time consuming and very cute.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom