How to cope...

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
I've been very quiet lately as busy with the kubrick book but also, as some of you know, I'm now solo running a house. This has meant my free cash has been drastically reduced, which of course is now the time lots of ree yees things done out of the wood work... It's driving me crazy!

How does everyone cope!?

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
I know the feeling! Looking for a job since I moved to NZ. Also got to pay for bar exams so have very little cash!

Not bought anything for 7 months!

I cope by coming on here and looking at my Carded figures now and again!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Lost my job.

So many collectables that I have not seen for sale all come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Nevermind. They cant hide forever.

Can always come back to it down the line.

Jez

Sith Lord
Hard times dude.
But on the positive "you are running the house" you are the main man, the big cheese, number 1, top dog. The house is still running because of you.
What's more you are writing the book, something I could never do.
As the others say, old Ree Yees will be waiting for you when you are in a better place.

PS I thought if you the other day when I saw some Harry Potter Kubricks!

x-pack

Grand Master
Captainsolo1978 said:
I know the feeling! Looking for a job since I moved to NZ. Also got to pay for bar exams so have very little cash!

Not bought anything for 7 months!

I cope by coming on here and looking at my Carded figures now and again!

Bar exams? If it's not a daft question, what are the exams for?

Don't think i could stop myself buying something vintage. Maybe just focus on something cheaper like vintage trading cards or something 8)

thenightmarcher

Padawan
I can relate. You'll spend months camped out on the classifieds board with cash burning a hole in your pocket, & the minute those winter fuel bills & credit card statements arrive, all your most-wanted figures miraculously appear. My collecting's always been pretty sporadic anyways, but I feel your pain!

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, cheered me up at least, particularly as seems everyone feels the pain!

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've always run the house solo, guess I'm lucky that my wage allows it and stuff in the North is generally cheaper. SW has its place in the grand scheme of things. As long as I keep adding little and often I'm happy.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Solo running here too with 2 young ones juggling work and parenthood. Can be bloody tough at times but wouldn't want it any other way :) Coming on here is a great escape from the stresses life throws at you.

The vintage goodness will always be around the next corner so when funds are more flush you'll get the chance to splash that cash :D

I always find a good way to increase your spending budget is to search out items on ebay and other private listed ads which can turn a profit that way your not spending money you don't potentially have.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Spooked...like Jez points out, all things are relative mate, look at the positives :D

Things have a way of turning around for the better, but there are always dips and troughs.

Chin up buddy :D

Captainsolo...... Mate things will work out, Wow :shock: your living in NZ, you've followed your heart, it will all work out bud :D you have a profession, a new life ...the hard times will be a memory soon :wink:

Maulster....again mate chin up,

I've just done 2 years struggling in a job where I was flogging a dead horse, but stayed put as I thought I has to, blew it off in Nov last year and spent 2 months worrying about not getting another job, but did, ok I'm playing catch up and finances are strained, but it will be ok I know.
Sure things will work out mate, your a good bloke, with a good head on your shoulders mate, don't sweat it, it will come good

This forum is superb to get your fix, when money is tight, and gives you a welcome shot in the arm if your getting down,

Coping is easy if you take a look at what you actually have in your life, usually more than a lot of people ever have, sounds patronising and flippant, but hey it's true
Take It from an old git, things will work out :D

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
Solo running here too with 2 young ones juggling work and parenthood. Can be bloody tough at times but wouldn't want it any other way :) Coming on here is a great escape from the stresses life throws at you.

The vintage goodness will always be around the next corner so when funds are more flush you'll get the chance to splash that cash :D

I always find a good way to increase your spending budget is to search out items on ebay and other private listed ads which can turn a profit that way your not spending money you don't potentially have.

I was gonna say ask Mumbo for some advice. But seeing as he has answered, he forgot to mention his military organisation skills that help things run like clockwork.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
I can heartily suggest creating dioramas for your figures, you can use a lot of small bits n pieces from around the house, odds n ends all cheap and the polystyrene or cardboard is free or cheap mostly.

Pick a scene and then if you want hit me up and I will help as much as I can. It keeps you busy and your creating for your Star Wars figs!

I have a lot more time on my hands now the boy is at nursery 3 days a week so I will be starting next week on a lot of different ones. Always happy to help!

Bram
:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom