How Much Did You Have As a Kid?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As the oldest of three brothers I never really had a concept of anything being mine, all the toys were always 'ours'. Between us we probably had 30-40 figures, a few of the big vehicles such as the AT-AT and Millennium Falcon, and loads of the smaller vehicles and mini rigs (I used to love the Ewok glider and catapults!)

As I was a mid-80s kid the figures we had were a real mish-mash, basically whatever was left over of the Palitoy/Tri Logo series. I had figures from first 12 right up to POTF but there were ones we just couldn't find such as the Biker Scout and Luke X-Wing.

Here's a photo, note the AT-ST with no legs, our toys had a tough life :)

http://trilogo.info/wp-content/gallery/edd-grant/boys.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I had all the figures albeit with mostly lost weapons. I kept buying them just beyond the age I played with them just to complete them.

What I didn't have was those first-film items which got discontinued around ESB. They seemed so elusive on the back of Kenner 20-backs which seemed to outlive the playsets.

My soppy-old-goat focus was to simply replace everything I had as a kid.

Grand Moff

Youngling
Richard_H said:
Green snaggletooth? Super rare. So rare I've never heard of one.

Blue Snaggletooth is quite rare - only released in the Sears Cantina set. They'll cost you around £90.

Blue...So I guess his outfit is offcialy blue, it's a bit greensih to me.

Thanks for the info.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
As the oldest of three brothers I never really had a concept of anything being mine, all the toys were always 'ours'. Between us we probably had 30-40 figures, a few of the big vehicles such as the AT-AT and Millennium Falcon, and loads of the smaller vehicles and mini rigs (I used to love the Ewok glider and catapults!)

As I was a mid-80s kid the figures we had were a real mish-mash, basically whatever was left over of the Palitoy/Tri Logo series. I had figures from first 12 right up to POTF but there were ones we just couldn't find such as the Biker Scout and Luke X-Wing.

Here's a photo, note the AT-ST with no legs, our toys had a tough life :)

http://trilogo.info/wp-content/gallery/edd-grant/boys.jpg

:lol: :lol: Could be a scene out of Toystory 3. :lol: :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
rob71 said:
moosinthehoos said:
I remember going to someones party and as was the thing in those days when you left the party you got given a goody bag. And in that bag was a Hoth Rebel commander. I was so chuffed to get that. And it's still my favorite figure today.

What a nice memory 8)

What a cool party bag. 8) :lol:

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
I was spoilt being the youngest of four....my bro was into action man and six million dollar man.

I had all the sw and esb figures with doubles too. Some of the rotj

Palitoy x wing
Palitoy land speeder
Twinpod cloud car
Closed belly Taun taun
Palitoy death star
Palitoy land of the jawas
Cantina
Some of the mini rigs.

Grand Moff

Youngling
There's a closed belly TaunTaun!

I thought all of them had the rubber belly with the slit.

I got a TaunTuan and a Ugnaught from my Grandma and Grandpa. I only had Star Wars on VHS recorded from TV so the ESB and ROTJ movies were not something I knew anything about.

I did not know any better so I put the Uhnaught in the TaunTaun. LOL.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great thread Henrik,

My collection was not that big when I was a kid in the good old 80s :D

Only between 50 and 60 figures.

Wampa
Jabba The Hutt Playset
2 Speeder Bikes
Y-Wing Fighter

Jez

Sith Lord
Less than most it seems but more fortunate than some.
Probably about 50-60 figures, no last 17 (i don't think so anyway)
Rebel Transport (Thanks Father Christmas, you knew i had a Falcon or AT At on my Xmas list. It was practical though)
AT ST (nice small alternative to the AT AT, or at least i told myself that)
Hoth Wampa (managed to convince/beg/plead my mum to allow me to get it when the toy shop had no new figures)
Speeder Bike (absolutely loved it, awesome TV advert had be sold)
Imperial Cannon (always loved it)

Cool thread

ODB

Jedi Master
Well I was a late comer to the line so most of my stuff was picked up in clearances and sales. As a result I did have quite a bit back in the day. Off the top of my head I had:

Figures:
Han Hoth
Han Bespin
Chewbacca
Leia Bespin
Luke Bespin
Luke X Wing Pilot
Luke Jedi Knight
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Chief Chirpa
Teebo
Logray
Vader
Stormtrooper
Snowtrooper
Royal Guard
ATAT Driver
ATAT Commander
ATST Driver
C3PO Removeable Limbs
R2-D2 Sensorscope
Boba Fett
Nikto
Jawa

Ships
ATAT (best ship ever)
Millenium Falcon (both this as the ATAT at Xmas, later discovered that my parents had raided the sales bin for them both)
ATST x 2 (one was from my grandparents after I broke my foot when round their house)
Speederbike
X Wing
Snowspeeder
TIE Interceptor
Radar Laser Cannon
Tauntaun
Rancor (fairly sure this was the Trilogo version)
Jabba the Hutt (brought with my own pocket money at JH Lorimers)
AST 5
ISP 6

Just realized that list makes me look like a spoilt brat but like I say my parents were experts at raiding the sales bins. The best bit is that the vast majority made it through to today (the casualties being Boba Fett, ATST Driver and parts of the X Wing).

theslider

Sith Lord
Never had any of the big ticket items, but didn't do too badly.

Had all the figures apart from the following: Klaatu Skiff, Rancor Keeper, Nikto, Teebo, and 12 of the last 17.

Vehicle wise, had:

Landspeeder
X-Wing
White Tie Fighter
Snowspeeder
Slave I
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer
Twin Pod Cloud Car
Jabba the Hutt playset
Y-Wing Fighter
Rebel Transporter
AT-ST
Speeder Bike
Split Belly TaunTaun
MTV-7
PDT-8
Tri-Pod Laser Cannon
Radar Laser Cannon
AST-5
ISP-6

Also had the talking R2D2, the remote controlled R2D2, and the die cast Tie Fighter, Darth Vader Tie Fighter, Snowspeeder and Twin Pod Cloud Car and the 12" Stormtrooper.

Was interesting to note when I was reunited with my childhood collection in the early 2000s most of the first twenty were really heavily playworn whilst the Empire and Jedi figures were near mint - can't weigh that up at all.

timbo72

Sith Lord
I had most figures apart from the last 17.
Scout walker
Most mini rigs.
Die cast x wing and land speeder.

Think that was it really

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Been great reading some of these posts! Having that Rebel Commander in a goody bag! Wished I'd had an invite to that party.

I was pretty spoilt as a kid I have to be honest, almost every Friday when we did our supermarket shop I had a SW figure - I have great memories running over to the toy section at the Normid Hypermarket in Talke (outside Stoke-on-Trent) which was a massive place, even in todays standards, then flicking through every rail to see if there was a figure that I needed.

For my birthday one year my parents bought me a Slave 1, AT AT and X Wing, and I remember vividly this kids face as he watched us walk past with our trolley laiden with SW stuff - it looks could have killed! :D

I had most of the figures, shed loads of vehicles and ships - no playsets though :(

The rarest thing I had was the Palitoy Talking R2 - I have no idea what happened to that :(

hansole 2

Youngling
Great post.

I did not have many mashins and monsters. I had most of the mini rigs, jabba playset, the band, bd xwing bd tie fighter

I have many of the figures. I din't have the following.
snaggletooth walrusman, ig88, fx7, bespin guard White and Black, 21b, ugnaught, zukuss, 4lom, weequay, paploo, luke stomtrooper, hs carbonite, imp. dig. , romba, r2d2 pop up, luke poncho, lando general, amanama, yak face

bobbybobs

Padawan
Nice thread.

It's funny, I was only thinking about this yesterday. I always hear collectors talking about their childhood collections and they often seem to remember all the figures they had and many of the functions/designs of the toys. I have a good memory in general and I was a huge SW fan as a youngster but for some reason my specific recollections of my figs are so vague. I remember having a Vader case stacked full of figs but the only specific ones I can remember are Luke Hoth (my favourite), Teebo and Leia Bespin. I also had a falcon and a taun taun. Same for MOTU and Transformers - I had loads but can only remember a couple of them specifically. Must be something wrong with me....

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I collected all 79!
I gave up after getting Paploo & Lumat, I still haven't completed the last 17 (15).

Still got them as well.

IMAG0332_zps9011ad7f.jpg

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I was 7 when Jedi was out and had no older brothers so I was a late starter to the line. A lot of friends had older brothers who passed down the toys to them so they had this instant collection of SW and Empire figs/ships!

My younger brother and I shared, but between us we did pretty well with ships etc, not so great in terms of figures compared to some people. Probably about 35 mostly Jedi characters.

Ships:-
Battle damage X-Wing (grey), DV Tie Fighter, Snowspeeder, Scout Walker, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transporter, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Speeder Bike, Cap 2, Int 4, Veh Main Energizer, MTV 7, MLC 3

No playsets, large figs. Wanted an AT-AT badly but I think they were always thin on the ground when Xmas came around.

Always wanted a Hoth Rebel Base, a proper one that you could park ships in including the Falcon. Had to make do with under the bed! :lol:

First Ship - MLC-3
First Figure - Luke Jedi Blue sabre 8)

Most desired figure - Luke X-wing. For some reason I just couldn't get that sucker. Had to fly about my x-wing with Luke Jedi! In my memory the first 20 were hard to find in the Jedi line. Maybe easier in the city etc, but I stayed out in the sticks. :roll:

Remember Trilogo cards etc but don't remember POTF/Droids/Ewoks lines at the time.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
stratpack said:
I was 7 when Jedi was out and had no older brothers so I was a late starter to the line. A lot of friends had older brothers who passed down the toys to them so they had this instant collection of SW and Empire figs/ships!

My younger brother and I shared, but between us we did pretty well with ships etc, not so great in terms of figures compared to some people. Probably about 35 mostly Jedi characters.

Ships:-
Battle damage X-Wing (grey), DV Tie Fighter, Snowspeeder, Scout Walker, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transporter, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Speeder Bike, Cap 2, Int 4, Veh Main Energizer, MTV 7, MLC 3

No playsets, large figs. Wanted an AT-AT badly but I think they were always thin on the ground when Xmas came around.

Always wanted a Hoth Rebel Base, a proper one that you could park ships in including the Falcon. Had to make do with under the bed! :lol:

First Ship - MLC-3
First Figure - Luke Jedi Blue sabre 8)

Most desired figure - Luke X-wing. For some reason I just couldn't get that sucker. Had to fly about my x-wing with Luke Jedi! In my memory the first 20 were hard to find in the Jedi line. Maybe easier in the city etc, but I stayed out in the sticks. :roll:

Remember Trilogo cards etc but don't remember POTF/Droids/Ewoks lines at the time.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find Luke X-Wing or most of the earlier figures if you started collecting when the Jedi figures came out, as although they were still being produced on ROTJ & Trilogo cards these were in much, much lower quantities than the Jedi figures as I assume Kenner and co thought most kids had the earlier figures already.

I started collecting in 1979 and thankfully got all the early figures except Snaggletooth who was the only figure I never saw for sale anywhere ever! Also only ever saw Greedo and Jawa once and luckily bought them when I saw them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom