Got the bug

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
Hello, this'll be my first proper post :) So after misplacing my old 50p car boot Boba Fett a month or so ago the bug has bit.

I've always fancied a bit of a collection, along with Boba I had/have a snowtrooper, scout trooper, an AT-AT driver and a bespin Luke (who's hair I dyed black like mine, as you do, oops)

Long sorry short I picked up another Boba, then a sorry looking slave 1 to tart up, then the next thing you know I've decided to start up a little empire collection.

I decided to focus on the empire stuff, it has always been my favourite, watching it as a kid on Saturday (or was it Sunday?) mornings on channel 3 was good times! which reminded me, needed a snowspeeder too so I picked up a scruffy one of those and did it up a bit.

I figured anyone who was in empire will go in the case and now I'm pretty close, though along the way I've picked up an 8D8, maybe a Jedi case for him and the scout trooper too?

Anyway I've taken a few picks along with the case I've finished up today, it's small but I think it's cool when lit up, though it's still looking a bit generic, might do something with the background.

pYvGaGD.jpg

fi061e5.jpg

Ha got the pics to load, bloody technology

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
Thanks again, I'm really chuffed how well the cabinet worked out, looks like it'll display all the empire figures just nicely

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
The figures look great displayed like that, lve gotta be careful - seeing them like that is making me want loose again :oops:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hey great start to your collection mate :). Anything you find at the car boot please feel free to share here:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32593

Always great to see what bargains people find.

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
Thought I'd do an update for everyone that asked, overall my little collection is now sort of complete baring a few like Darth and Lando who are missing their capes, hopefully over time they will be replaced with complete figures unless I come across original capes on the cheap.

IMG_7745.JPG

Got to say though as my first real sort of collection it's brought back some great memories of when I was but a brat in the early 90s playing with hand me downs and car boot specials, love them loose that's how I remember them as a kid.

While looking into cases etc I came across the AFC displays which look bloody cool but are way way out of my budget but after some searching noticed star backs on etsy so have just ordered a set to jazz it up, hopefully they will just add that little something to the display and being loose means I can switch stuff about if I ever want to.

And on top of that I took a second look at a custom Boba Fett I made a while back and added a cape. I know customs are not everyone's cup of tea but in my defence he looked like an out of work Hoba Fett.
Anyway not all heros wear capes but this absolute maniac, bad ass, Han Solo capturing, empire strike back replica Boba Fett does

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

I think though that again over time he will be replaced by a nice original or even better my old one if I ever find the elusive bugger!

Oh and thanks once again for the kind words about the collection :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
As a custom Fett, I quite like that. I think it works surprisingly well. We're so used to seeing Vintage figures in the (very often incorrect) colour schemes that Kenner gave them that when we finally see them coloured correctly, it comes as quite a surprise :)

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
Snaketibe said:
As a custom Fett, I quite like that. I think it works surprisingly well. We're so used to seeing Vintage figures in the (very often incorrect) colour schemes that Kenner gave them that when we finally see them coloured correctly, it comes as quite a surprise :)

Thanks for that :) I didn't want to over do it and make it unkenner'ish, I like to think this is what they could have done as an update, plus the cape to make up for his lack of rocket firing feature

Johnny_Fett

Youngling
Thought I'd stick in another little update as I've just added a set of esb star backs, really liked the look of the afc display cases but they are way out of my budget so came across these.
Searched the forum but couldn't find any info about them on here but decided to take the plunge and buy a set, they are well worth the dough imo.
The seller Greg not only knocked some money off and adjusted the shipping cost but also chucked in a Rebo band set too! Just need to tweak the positions to get as much light as possible on the middle row but overall these just finish the whole thing off.

And I've also replaced the custom boba for a nice playworn one
IMG_7833.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom