For those a certain age. (We didn't own an ipad)

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight
I came across this on a biker forum i'm a member of and thought it would be very relevant for here considering our average age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE

poncho

Grand Master
great days i miss my youth !
i remember the days of asking a girl for there home telephone number when out on a night on the town they didnt have mobiles when i was in my element!..........

ahh teletext yoused love going into dixons too play on teletext to find out football scores on a saturday when i was playing around town when i was a kid.

and of course no internet no digital tv....just lots of imagination me playing with my starwars figures which being thrown or eaten and han bespin knocking down all the stormtroopers with a crane kick karare kid style in my back garden

mumbo

Sith Lord
:lol: that was great, triggered some forgotten memories. Finger mouse I use to love that :) and Michael fish you lying twat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thx for posting has put a wicked grin on my face :D

Lee77

Sith Lord
That's cheered me up on this freezing morning. Thanks for the share.
Amazing how many of them I'd forgotten about. The Commodore 64 and track n field made me laugh. The amount of joysticks I wrecked playing that!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Saw that a few of you stuck that up on FB. It's very good brings back a lot of memories.

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight
Wet Saturday afternoons watching Knightrider,Airwolf,A-Team etc.
Tonka Toys were made of metal and lasted forever.
I remember one Christmas when everybody got some type of Raleigh Burner,Extra,Tuf,Aero etc.
I was just waiting for a Star Wars reference and lo and behold a Palitoy advert!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Remember everything on that you tube video.

I still call Snickers (hate that word) Marathons because that was what they were called when I was a kid.

Had a Chopper bike - metallic orange with that gear stick - don't make em like that anymore :lol:

Shops never open on a Sunday, I can even remember when I was very young in the seventies a lot of shops closed Wednesday afternoons as well.

Something the video misses out on - cars, I always wanted a Golf GTI Mk 1 or a Ford Cortina as a kid

.Q.

Jedi Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
I always wanted a Golf GTI Mk 1

I drive a mk 2 Polo! ****ing well retro. White with grey striped interior, bit like this but more rust.
800px-VW_Polo_II_front_20071112_zps72ac77a0.jpg

Costs sod all to run (more money for other vintage gear!), and I can chuck all my work stuff in it and not give a damn. Bucket of bolts :lol:

Brilliant vid Lonebudman, most entertaining!

x-pack

Grand Master
I kind of do remember Mr Ben's bra :?

I feel uncomfortable with the word 'Snickers'. What does it even mean? Marathon made sense - it would keep you going running a marathon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom