First 12 - verifying year of manufacture

RussHogg

Youngling
Hi all

Sorry if this has come up many times, I'm a bit new

Is there a way to know if your first twelve figures were actually made in the '78 wave, and not later on during esb or rotj?

I wondered if the coo (or lack of) means anything

Cheers
Russ

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi all

Sorry if this has come up many times, I'm a bit new

Is there a way to know if your first twelve figures were actually made in the '78 wave, and not later on during esb or rotj?

I wondered if the coo (or lack of) means anything

Cheers
Russ
Good question :unsure: I have no idea about any one have a list or done research on that. I try to do a thread about correct coo etc. etc. for each cardback. But if it will ever be complete, I do not know. The the more we find the more we will get a pattern about if they change coo from card to card on some of the figures. Some coo can for sure only be found on some type of cardbacks.

But we need childhood lots with cardbacks and figures to do this research, since most of us do not open moc today.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thank you Pomse2001 :) I suspected it may not be an easy subject. Appreciate your info 👍

Regards
Russ
I'm not sure if this helps but I put together a thread on here a while back showing the coo's for the first 12 Palitoy figures released in the UK. These figures are obviously Kenner ones that were packed onto the Palitoy 12 backs but it shows what coo's were out for this intial release. I've since been reacquainted with my childhood figures as well (which were all from the first released wave in the UK in 1978), and these coo's match with them - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/palitoy-1st-12-released-coo-guide.40709/

Ian

RussHogg

Youngling
I'm not sure if this helps but I put together a thread on here a while back showing the coo's for the first 12 Palitoy figures released in the UK. These figures are obviously Kenner ones that were packed onto the Palitoy 12 backs but it shows what coo's were out for this intial release. I've since been reacquainted with my childhood figures as well (which were all from the first released wave in the UK in 1978), and these coo's match with them - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/palitoy-1st-12-released-coo-guide.40709/
Ian, thanks very much! I'm still building my 12 loose collection, and this might just be my bible now :) I'm surprised to see they're all GMFGI/Hong Kong. In a world of variations and coo's depending on where you lived in the 70s, it seems like this combination might be the closest we can get to likely 'first wave' uk figures then. Great to see the accessories too 👍 thanks again

Russ

Last edited:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ian, thanks very much! I'm still building my 12 loose collection, and this might just be my bible now :) I'm surprised to see they're all GMFGI/Hong Kong. In a world of variations and coo's depending on where you lived in the 70s, it seems like this combination might be the closest we can get to likely 'first wave' uk figures then. Great to see the accessories too 👍 thanks again

Russ
No problem Russ and it's finding the coo's that are written in exactly the same way that will be the tricky bit. I'm sure there were variations back then with these first releases due to which factory they came from but as mentioned in the link, these are all from that first release we had in the UK and not from a later release.

Happy hunting :)

Ian

RussHogg

Youngling
No problem Russ and it's finding the coo's that are written in exactly the same way that will be the tricky bit. I'm sure there were variations back then with these first releases due to which factory they came from but as mentioned in the link, these are all from that first release we had in the UK and not from a later release.

Happy hunting :)

Ian

RussHogg

Youngling

Latest posts

Top Bottom