Favourite Star Wars Video Game

Sean1Sgaming

Youngling
Hey everyone I don't know if anyone has ever done this but I just wondered what was everyone's favourite Star Wars video game.
Not entirely sure which one is mine because I like so many of them but I do love Jedi Academy and Knights of the old republic series. There are many others which I thoroughly enjoy but those ones stand out more to me.

x-pack

Grand Master
Probably Star Wars on the NES. I can remember enjoying playing this back in the day, and also the music being really cool.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've not played video games for a good 10-15 years, but Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire on the N64 are my favourites.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Real tricky one for me. I have such rose tinted memories of these three:

- Star Wars (Domark) - BBC Micro
- Tie Fighter - Amiga 500
- Super Star Wars - Super NES

But... having played the latter a few weeks back, it was actually very irritating. Can't believe I invested months of my life finishing that game. Having said that, the memories it holds are too strong to dismiss.

I have to say though that Battlefront is now top of the list. It has its downsides (I'd dearly love a story/campaign), but the sheer visual experience, co-op and online gaming are top-drawer.

Sean1Sgaming

Youngling
Some great games there guys now you can see why I struggled to pick a favourite.

Battlefront is a great addition to the Star Wars game market but I'm with you on the fact that there is no campaign although I do love the online modes. Spent too many hours on it, just ask my missus lol

lejackal

Grand Master
Absolutely hands down Star Wars for the 128K Spectrum.

I really enjoyed KOTOR but haven't really played a great deal else.

poncho

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
amiga 500 no way! i missed that one are you sure you dont mean PC DOS

anyways.....

Jedi Outcast - Love the bespin level PC
Mysteries of The Sith (Expansion Pack) PC

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Jedi Outcast
Star Wars (Atari)
X-Wing Alliance
Super Return of the Jedi
Battlefront 2
Rogue Leader

I think it depends on when they were released. I'm sure jedi Knight is not as good now, but in 1997, with just 3 Star Wars films, and Episode 1 on the Horizon, this game was like living in the universe.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
poncho said:
SAVORY100 said:
amiga 500 no way! i missed that one are you sure you dont mean PC DOS

anyways.....

Jedi Outcast - Love the bespin level PC
Mysteries of The Sith (Expansion Pack) PC

Just checked the box and you're right it was on a PC; just a false memory on my part. :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Super Star Wars on the SNES is a bit of a classic for me from secondry school days. Before that Return of the Jedi in the arcade, me and my pal used to cain that down Canvey seafront! Lol. More recently Battlefront on the PS2, hours of fun.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Guys

Just out this link

Very worthy cause and for $9.99 (£7) you get a whole load of games for your Steam account :D

https://www.humblebundle.com/star-wars

Grant

Sith Lord
Only ones Iv tried were Shadows of the Empire, Super Bombad racing or the ones released on the Cube and Obi Wan for the first Xbox, oh and Republic Commando. Outta that lot probably Republic Commando or Shadows of the Empire on the N64. 8)

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
The super Star Wars SNES games and Star Wars battlegrounds on the PCs were my favourites growing up.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The Jedi Knight Series were my favs. Never played Academy though.

X-Wing and Tie Fighter on the PC. Republic Commando was also good, but too short.

The SNES trilogy.

Racer on the N64 was a bit different.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Super Empire Strikes back for the snes just edges the other two. Loved all three though.

Bounty hunter for the ps2 is highly underrated IMHO. I think the story is really well thought out and layered.

The Lego series were very enjoyable and charming.

The force unleashed was fantastic, the force unleashed 2 was not. I would still buy a force unleashed 3 though.

Disappointed no campaign in Battlefront, still waiting for a decent modern Star Wars one player game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom