Farthest From XI - Date Announced

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
In a nutshell:

Turn up Saturday afternoon, drink beer - curry Saturday night with more beer then go back to the pub and drink beer.

What actually happens on the Sunday is a bit hazy for most...

Basically though there'll be loads of vintage for sale and lots of chat - do it - you won't regret it.

Just noticed we're getting another couple of hours on the Sunday too.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
You won't go to a better show in the UK with as much vintage as what is there. Small hall but it is filled wall to wall with vintage goodness. Best thing about it though is getting together and talking Star Wars.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Stuart Skinner said:
kingshearer said:
Just to whet my appetite and before I make the 400 + mile journey could someone please give me a brief idea of what happens ?

We all dress as cockrels and do limbo dancing

That's great cos I've already got a cockrel suit in the wardrobe from another meet I go to.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Stuart Skinner said:
You won't go to a better show in the UK with as much vintage as what is there. Small hall but it is filled wall to wall with vintage goodness. Best thing about it though is getting together and talking Star Wars.
Sounds canny 8)

Richard_H

Grand Master
kingshearer said:
Richard_H said:
Sunday 24th April

11am - 6 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Farthest-From-The-UK-Star-Wars-Retro-Toy-Show-583316165029365/?fref=nf

Love to go down and meet you lot for a knees up. Do you drive down Richard? or do you plan to get the Orient Express?
I drive but I like drinking better.

I drive down. Best time was 5hrs 30. Worst was a return of 7hrs!

Richard_H

Grand Master
Perhaps me and Brian could share a car (assuming I can drive in crutches :lol: ) and collect you up Andy? 3 way split, if you and Brian can find rooms. I think we have one spare bed in the ones we've managed to book. I need to check that it hasn't been reserved.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
Perhaps me and Brian could share a car (assuming I can drive in crutches :lol: ) and collect you up Andy? 3 way split, if you and Brian can find rooms. I think we have one spare bed in the ones we've managed to book. I need to check that it hasn't been reserved.
Soz lads realised I can't make this weekend, will definitely be up for FFXII cos it sounds class.
Crutches did you have an accident ?

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
Ok Andy I think this is a go. I will confirm in pm.

Repeated ops for ankle reconstruction Brian, I put a thread in off topic somewhere.
Sounds nasty Richard, okay enjoy the trip lads I'll be at the next one.

Jez

Sith Lord
Have a great time lads. I'll be thinking of you all. Have one for me on the Saturday night!
For those of you who haven't been before, you'll love it. It'll be your collecting Mecca!

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
As the Ship and Crown are both sold out for the Saturday does anyone have any recommendations for a decent guest house near by?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Yes, have just found one that was completely empty:-

The Mallards Bed and Breakfast

Address: Frog Ln, Fordingbridge SP6 1BN
Phone:01425 654010

They have a single room (which I have booked) and a double and a twin room. Its' £55 for single occupancy and £85 for double occupancy with breakfast (cooked) included. It's a 10 min walk from the Town Hall. Haven't stayed before but the lady who answered the phone sounded lovely.

Sorted!

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
It looks like there are only 2 rooms in total at the Mallard, and me and Lee have them booked. One must be a twin though, as she mentioned twin beds to me. So there may still be a spare bed going...

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom