FAKES..

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Fair play to him pulled the auction straight away, he claimed he genuinely didn't know.
Just as well I was HALF diplomatic, otherwise I might have felt bad! :wink:

plantman

Sith Lord
Suppose he could have told you to f-yourself like some do :)

we should get paid by ebay and filter owt twats......

plantman

Sith Lord
Whats the betting......

VC jawa on a repro cardback...and shite feedback....hmmmm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200352767761&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Batson's toys used to sell Revalve-it's DT sabers, they seem to be closed. Unless someone would like to sell me some real ones for $10 :lol: any ideas where I can get the reproductions?

Lafos

Jedi Knight

plantman

Sith Lord
These people are taking the piss and trying to make an easy profit off a 50p fake, its totally unfair, if you dont know its real it should be sold as a repro and nothing else.

im emailing the tossers to stop trying to falsify information to gain profit. hoping that people will pay over the odds just in case it is real.

plantman

Sith Lord
ive just emailed colito333 with this:

Hi, i just thought id help you out here, this is a fake cape, im a big reseller of vintage star wars and that is 100% fake. it wont be fair to let people bid on it thinking it could be real as that is fraud so you can change your description to repro/fake now so you dont rip people off. Thanks. Andy

lets see what he replies with or if he replies at all

Tank1252

Jedi Master
I hate this sorta ****. They know exactly what they're doing. That Colito twat tries the same thing with all his repro rubbish, as his old listings show.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
albob(Alan) has appeared a few times on watch out/fake threads. He's got a sense of humour, you can bid on the cloth cape itself :roll: I got my LL Klatuu from him and it's as Mexican as a Kangaroo :) The other carded figures mentioned always make me laugh - 92 back Return of the Jedi :?

Joe

Grand Master
I would say fake isn't the word to use (as most custom bodge jobs look like **** so its easy to tell) I would be more concerned with figures that have been repainted.

Parts to look out for in case of a retouch would be (in order)

Silver paint on boots - first to go on a real figure
Belt buckle motif paint
Hands

The fleshy tone on his hands is really hard to replicate but there are loads of types of silver paint about that could fool you at first glance.

Also another note, no loose figure is particularly rare, and the blue snaggletooth is no exception contrary to belief, my first one cost me £40 and the one I have now cost £45 because at the time of looking there were literally 30-35 on ebay at the same time.

Joe

Grand Master
tatsie said:
Interesting, hmmm, well mine's in good condition, but if he's only worth 45 quid I might not sell him..

Thanks for your help.

Haha I didn't say that ;) I got good deals on mine , one was a gamble the other wasn't in perfect condition, just to show you that its possible to pick them up cheaper than most would think.

I reckon you could still get £70-90 based on a good condition one, although I am not one for loose prices at the moment!

Hey , only the other day we saw a bog standard A-wing pilot hit £50 :shock:

tatsie

Jedi Master
Auckland New Zealand but from Newbury in Berkshire
whiteskinnydroid said:
tatsie said:
Interesting, hmmm, well mine's in good condition, but if he's only worth 45 quid I might not sell him..

Thanks for your help.

Haha I didn't say that ;) I got good deals on mine , one was a gamble the other wasn't in perfect condition, just to show you that its possible to pick them up cheaper than most would think.

I reckon you could still get £70-90 based on a good condition one, although I am not one for loose prices at the moment!

Hey , only the other day we saw a bog standard A-wing pilot hit £50 :shock:

A wing pilot loose? ****, my collection should be worth a few bob.. All my characters are tight limbed etc..

Joe

Grand Master
No doubt it is, condition matters to collectors and of course there are ball park prices for all figures/playsets/vehicles etc.

Sometimes on Ebay you get some crazy bidding for some reason, sometimes you don't (like when I sell :roll: )

Good luck with the sale though, I think you found a good place to begin :)

plantman

Sith Lord
I know we already know he is a dodgy **** but mr edwards has a nicely worded home made rocket firing fett listed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-BOBA-FETT-1979-ROCKET-FIRING-KENNER-TAIWAN_W0QQitemZ260443272131QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item3ca3a0f3c3&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

i dont know which poor soul has bid £100 on it...but i hope they report him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom