Facebook

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Hardly use Facebook for anything now as it is just a source of information storeing of the masses by the share holders, ever since it was floated. Our buying habits are sold to marketing companies and then fill our Facebook page with targeted advertising. Waste of time. :roll:

chazb73

Sith Lord
I echo the love/hate opinions

There are a few folk I keep in touch with via facebook. I have a very small "friends" list. Lots of **** posts as you would expect however

Have thought of deleting my profile a few times

As for the groups I've only just started selling a few things via a couple of groups and it's been fine. But I don't think I will sell often :?

There are some clueless wonders and tyre kickers on there though.

The bootleg group has introduced me to the weird and wonderful side of that which has been fun.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I see FB as a necessary evil to a degree - it's absolutely great to keep up with people who you'd certainly lose contact with otherwise and you do see some strange stuff BUT it's also like a window on the soul. It amplifies a persons personality - in some cases it's made me realise certain 'friends' are actually self centered twats.

I like to use FB for my art page, it means I can showcase my latest work or when a new design is available and 99.9% of followers are really cool and have become friends in some cases.

As for SW groups, again, there's folks who are great and help you out, and then there's complete tossers but such is life and whilst I do use them to buy and sell sometimes or to check out what other folks are buying this forum is without doubt the best place online to chat about vintage SW stuff - some great personalities and a great atmosphere, I'll always make sure SWFUK gets recommended first and foremost as the best place to join if you collect.

SOJ

Sith Lord
I've joined a number of vintage Facebook groups over the last 12 months. 75% of which Ive left.

The ones I can recommend are:

Adam's Echo base- a UK trading group
Ross Barr's Empire Strikes Back group
And Todd's Group.

There are some terrible group out there full of drama and an endless supply one post wonders asking for valuations on ep1 merch.

However the groups I've mentioned are run well with rules that are for the most part stuck to. I've done some great trades and buys. Got my Yoda, vader,
Luke Bespin and Chewbacca ESB MOC's through these groups and had no problems at all and made a few friends along the way.

Once you been on there for a while you'll quickly see who the trustworthy guys are. I've had no problems at all.

On a side note I deleted over 100 "friends" on fb. Just have 40 or so close friends and family now plus all the groups and webpages I follow. It's more of Star Wars news feed now than anything else :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I give a nod to this forum with my group. Same amount of moderation and an international group hug. Scammers, cry babies and total cunts are swiftly kicked out...prior to being properly roasted of course. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom