Empire Magazine - Star Wars announcement today at 4pm ? "Hello There" ?

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
I guess we'll find out in an hour or so but.... any thoughts ? Kenobi Season 2 announcement perhaps ? Or maybe just an interview with Ewan ? 🙄

1707488735162.png

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lol, I was there, too! Watched it twice over there, then another 4 times when it came out here. Loved it at the time, but over the years, it's declined somewhat, in my estimation. Much prefer it to AOTC though.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Didn't fly to NY :) , but did queue up for the 00:01 showing at the local cinema in Leamington Spa to watch, then went home, slept for a few hours and was back watching it again at 10:00. Think I went again later in the week as well.

I am an OT fan (given my age) but really enjoyed EP1 - great Pod Race Scene, Epic Lightsaber fight (better than anything we had ever seen at the time), Lovely visuals, new planets and characters and species lovely new ships - I loved it, so hopefully get to go back to the cinema in the UK as well (can't imagine Disney won't release globally, they need the cash...)

arthur11

The new issue of Empire celebrates the Prequel trilogy with new interviews with Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman. Empire Magazine has revealed two covers for their upcoming April issue, which will be celebrating 25 years of Star Wars prequels. Great to know actually last Christmas I bought a Dark saber.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's mad how Episode 1 evokes a feeling of nostalgia. Even the figures I have do. Strange feeling for me as I remember it so well as all of us do I'm sure. For me Episode 1 was the first Star Wars film I watched for the first time at the cinema. 25 years. 🤯

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
It's mad how Episode 1 evokes a feeling of nostalgia.
Totally, it brings back a lot of Star Wars collecting memories for me. I got into collecting in 1996 when I moved into my first house and found all my old Star Wars stuff when getting a load of my crap out of my parents attic. That kicked me off finishing the vintage loose run and general vintage collecting and I also started collecting POTF2. By the time the build up to EP1 started I was hyper collecting :ROFLMAO:

lejackal

Grand Master
I worked as a cinema projectionist when it was released, the hype was everywhere, security around the prints, the posters etc was mad - signing what amounted to NDAs and various bits to agree the return of everything. Normally posters would go to the staff, or local giveaways - not Episode 1 though!

We got to watch it the night before the release date to, err, check the prints 😂

I mean that was something we did for all films, but for Ep1 there wasn't two of us, there was 70% of the staff, beers and pizza. Very bleary eyed for the first showing the next day!

Latest posts

Top Bottom