Earliest Vintage SW Memories

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
My first memory of SW was the first time I saw Return of the Jedi.

My brother and I were playing at a friends house with a bunch of kids and clearly making too much noise, so our friends father put on a VHS tape of Jedi (to keep us quiet...) - I was instantly hooked - the other kids more or less ignored it and went on playing (and making noise) - but I sat fully absorbed watching the film and think I rewinded it and watched it again straight away.

That Christmas I remember going down to London (it was an annual trip back then) and going to Hamley's - an entire floor was given over to SW - my little mind melted. There was a life-size Ewok on a glider hanging from the roof (I really, really, really wanted that Ewok) and shelf after shelf of Kenner goodies - I came out with an X-Wing a Scout Walker and a handful of figures. - I miss the 80's :)

Mosh

Padawan
Exactly the same with my Snowspeeder- lights off etc etc. Absolutely loved it- so glad I kept it. I sat on the floor, next to the Christmas tree with my Dad, to put the stickers on and he did his back in. I remember my uncle and teenage cousins had to carry him upstairs and he was in bed with severe lumbago for two weeks. Poor old Dad!
My first SW toys were a snowspeeder and Empire's Solo, which were given to me not on Christmas but around that date (We have some celebration on January 6th. in which we get toys from The Holy Kings). We had back then no commercial treaty with the U. S., so the toys sold in Mexico were mostly of a very poor quality. These toys were actually bought by an uncle of mine, who travelled a lot to the U. S. I was overjoyed by the quality of the plastic. The figure was OK but the vehicle was fascinating. I distinctly recall "flying" it with my hand while I tried to press my face to the cabin. Since the cockpit had transparent plastic, I could sort of have a view as if I was inside the speeder. One of my nicest memories from such holidays.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
My first SW toys were a snowspeeder and Empire's Solo, which were given to me not on Christmas but around that date (We have some celebration on January 6th. in which we get toys from The Holy Kings). We had back then no commercial treaty with the U. S., so the toys sold in Mexico were mostly of a very poor quality. These toys were actually bought by an uncle of mine, who travelled a lot to the U. S. I was overjoyed by the quality of the plastic. The figure was OK but the vehicle was fascinating. I distinctly recall "flying" it with my hand while I tried to press my face to the cabin. Since the cockpit had transparent plastic, I could sort of have a view as if I was inside the speeder. One of my nicest memories from such holidays.
Have you still got your childhood toys?

Gadders

Padawan
My earliest Star Wars memory is the kid across the street bringing his figures out for us all to play with. He was 4 or 5 years older, so we all looked up to him. I remember being blown away by the figures - Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and Greedo stood out.
I had no idea what Star Wars was, but loved these amazing toys - I wanted my own.
The next christmas I got my first figures and remember how excited i was by this.

The toys were my first introduction to the Star Wars universe and are my first love - the films are secondary to the toys for me.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I got a few, first time i can remember was in Sainsbury's when my parents hot me darth vader and my sister Leia
Then when i got Denger mail away and took it on school holiday with me

And lastly getting my nan to go into a shop to get me a carded dengar in Patrick's fulham as it was for 50p but i was at the age where soending just 50p was too embarrassing for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom