Droid factory R2D2....

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Do you consider the droid factory R2 a necessary part of a complete set of loose figures considering it only came with a playset?
To me, Blue Snag is essential, and as a result the droid factory R2 should be too.

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
i dont even count the ewoks or potf. just what appeared on cardbacks up until Jedi. I am either a purist or cheap :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
I would say no. It's not a "loose" figure. It's part of a playset. You would have to include Sy Snootles, Max Rebo, Selacious Crumb etc etc. It's a cool piece but it's not one of the loose set in my book.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
Interesting thoughts guys. Seems to be a 50/50 split.

Reading what has been posted, I already have the Rebo band and a Blue Snag in my loose collection so it seems only right to include the other R2, but then again I don't include Jabba, Salacious Crumb or the Trash compactor monster. I suppose it's all about personal choice in the end 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's exactly it. Some people include them and some don't.
Sometimes a person won't include it until he has finished what he previously considered the complete loose set, then he gets them to keep him interested/give him something else to look for.

There's no definite rule so...........

poncho

Grand Master
i consider it a part of a loose collection as i do blue snag / trash monster / jabba / crumb and reebo band and all the monsters

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
weasel said:
Sometimes a person won't include it until he has finished what he previously considered the complete loose set, then he gets them to keep him interested/give him something else to look for.

That just where I am now. I suppose the same applies to variants too. It just keeps your finger in the pie, so to speak.

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
No. Although I do have one and it's displayed within my collection, he's not part of the 100 figs that makes up a basic set. All of the figs from the 92 cardback + Yak Face, Blue Snags, R2 (Solid), R2 (Sensor), C-3PO (1st) & The Rebo Band make up the standard basic set. Anything more than that is up to individual preference.

Thank you.
:D

hulk17

Padawan
Yes I do but they are very hard to find in mint condition. I had to take mine out of a boxed playset which had the decal applied.

Everyones different but if you are going for a complete set then go for it.

There is a nice one on ebay right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom