Do you guys want another Prize Draw?

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi Chaps,
Over the last goodness knows how many years I've held a fun Prize Draw to assist with my annual charity attempts. They've proven to be really popular and people have won some choice prizes.
I did say last year that the 2017 prize draw would be my last one, however after watching Children in Need in November I've decided to do one more big challenge. On May 17th I'm running 100km in the Stormtrooper armour. I'm also doing London again. I'll be running for 2 charities, Make A Wish and Spread A Smile. Even though this year's run is 50% further than last year's, I've set myself a lower target as I fear that people might be getting bored of the Stormtrooper.

My question to you is, does SWFUK want a 2018 Prize Draw? I hadn't even considered it but good old Lejackal has already offered me a prize or 2 after seeing a post of mine on Facebook.

Thoughts?
Oh and check out stormtrooperrun.com
Cheers

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yeah sure iv not been involved before but happy to get involved if you do one again.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Jez

Top idea for a top guy. Prize draw would be awesome. Is there anyway I can raise funds in my end of the country to assist your cause in anyway?

Running stormtrooper fundraising remote support team?
Collection buckets? Publicity? Ad-hoc PR?

Jez

Sith Lord
OK thanks lads, it looks like there is still an appetite for it. For those of you who are relatively new previous ones can be seen below. I'll have a think about getting some decent prizes. I'm sure i could squeeze a tour and lunch for 2 out of Pinewood Studios. Lom won it last year and will soon finally be going on it :)

2017 http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32824
2016 http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28547
2015 http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24243
2014 Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5qEE3tRRU

Taff, thanks very much for the offer. I'll send you and email mate. I'll take whatever i can get to help the cause. Last year the Jabba's Palace Facebook guys managed to generate loads of cash for the project by selling T-Shirts and Tops Trading cards (genius). I'm going to try to do a collection outside of a big supermarket etc. Lots of things to consider. Maybe even a pub quiz like Stu Skinner organised last year. Who knows i might be able to organise something at the next Farthest From.

Thanks again fellas.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I love the logo you have on your page, maybe you could get some shirts printed and take the profits and put them towards the charity. Just a thought.

lejackal

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
I love the logo you have on your page, maybe you could get some shirts printed and take the profits and put them towards the charity. Just a thought.
This is a great idea- happy to help with organising this

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
That logo will sell easily, great idea.

Jez

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
tiefighterboy said:
This is a great idea- happy to help with organising this
Do you guys mean this logo? Designed by our very own Naughty Jedi Pete. I've asked Pete if he's cool with it and he's said go for it.
I actually printed 2 of these T-Shirts last year for Celebration with the logo fairly large on my left chest and some writing on the back and website on sleeve.

What do you guys think would be best? Big logo on back? Logo on front? Thoughts?

Thanks all

Attachments

• 291D01B6-671E-4148-A1AE-790634BB630C.jpeg
    291D01B6-671E-4148-A1AE-790634BB630C.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 67
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom