Collection for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
sparkysx said:
I think people are referring to the rules stating that sellers must have a price and pictures?

I would assume likewise. If a seller posts this type of thread, it basically opens the door for a behind the scenes auction...which unfortunately results in the sales forum being abused...

My comment is not personal...just calling it how I sees it... :)

Jez

Sith Lord
I understand. However, If we had all waited for him to post his photos (120) and guess a price someone would have still PMd him.
What else can you do? If we are anal rule nazis the sales thread could potentially dry up here as forum sellers lose out to forum lurkers.
I don't really have the answer.
I just wasn't going to wait for someone to post a rule breaking picture.
What's the answer to this?
There will be more of this I'm sure.
I don't see the admins getting massively annoyed.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
As I see it, there are only really 5 rules to sales on the forum.

No Repro
No U Grade

self explanatory

One sales thread at a time

Makes the admins life easier

No paypal gift payments

Stops people being conned.

All items for sale must have a price

Gives everyone a fair crack at an item for sale and keeps everything transparent.

If we are just going to ignore one we might as well ignore them all.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's easy to see both sides of the argument and I agree with both.

I think it may help to disable the PM function of anyone with less than 10 posts as, typically, this sort of post comes from new users who are unfamiliar with the rules. Sure, you may then get folk posting e-mail addresses and phone numbers. That can't be helped but I guess they at least have to show themselves to do so. The other option is to scrap the rule but I actually think it's a good rule and would prefer to see it stay.

As Jez says, if we do the honourable thing and not engage with the seller until the rules are complied with then the chances are the collection is already gone and probably on it's way to FB or eBay.

*edit* and in all fairness, the "no paypal gifts" rule is broken by pretty much every seller, so it's not like rule breaking in this section is new.

Jez

Sith Lord
Fair points Simon.
I'm not on a side though or trying to defend anything. I just can't see much changing. How do people think we have previously got so many good sales threads in the past? Some successful forum sellers get straight in there and engage with potential bulk sellers. We then collectively see the benefits of this. If we enforce extra barriers to these engagements the forum may collectively miss out.

Mr-shifter said:

Really? That's s bit silly Ben. You and I might drive a bit over 70 on the motorway but neither of us are going to drink and drive.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Mr-shifter said:

Really? That's s bit silly Ben. You and I might drive a bit over 70 on the motorway but neither of us are going to drink and drive.

Not really mate. My point was not really aimed at you, more so the fact that we do have a few sales rules on this forum that are being ignored.

So using your argument above, I agree with your point, but if you got caught speeding on the motorway, irregardless of the fact you may not put a finger wrong anywhere else, you would still get nicked for speeding.

plantman

Sith Lord
Ill PM the seller and lock this thread, maybe we should look at not allowing these to be authorised until the mods have spoken to them.

we go round in circles with issues like this when posts are allowed but not complete with pics and a price.

Ill ask him to post pics and request valuation in the valuations thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom