Central New Report Video - Palitoy 1982

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Not sure if it's before the title of the film was changed to 'return' of the guy just hasn't a clue what he's talking about!

mumbo

Sith Lord
The man knew what he was talking about, 30 years and still going strong and no doubt will be the same for the next 20 years. But will any of us be around to celebrate 100 years of star wars :D

Great find :)

Joe

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
Great vid, did any prototypes come out of Palitoy or are the all from Kenner?

The only one that is known about is also one of the most awesome prototypes out there - http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=55993

Although as you will see from the Archive entry it isn't technically a Palitoy prototype but it was sent to Palitoy for photography and then to Toltoys in Australia where it was eventually discovered.

As far as I know nothing was "prototyped" outside of Kenner, so there shouldn't be any 3D Palitoy protos unfortunately. There may have been printed material pre production (especially as the Logo had to be added to the Kenner template etc) but nothing has ever surfaced outside of those ROTJ unused backing cards (that AFA call proof cards)

theslider

Sith Lord
Brilliant video - love the fact that he says 30 million people have seen Star Wars but obviously he hasn't hence the mispronunciation of Vader!

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Joe said:
snaggletooth said:
Great vid, did any prototypes come out of Palitoy or are the all from Kenner?

The only one that is known about is also one of the most awesome prototypes out there - http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=55993

Although as you will see from the Archive entry it isn't technically a Palitoy prototype but it was sent to Palitoy for photography and then to Toltoys in Australia where it was eventually discovered.

As far as I know nothing was "prototyped" outside of Kenner, so there shouldn't be any 3D Palitoy protos unfortunately. There may have been printed material pre production (especially as the Logo had to be added to the Kenner template etc) but nothing has ever surfaced outside of those ROTJ unused backing cards (that AFA call proof cards)

Thanks for the Link Joe, that's a great story and I've not seen it before. I always thought there must have been preproduction stuff at Palitoy at some point, even if they where sent from Kenner/GM for pictures. Shame nothing has ever surfaced

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom