Celebration Europe 2023!!!

lejackal

Grand Master
Having struggled with disinterest and general annoyance at the signing prices I'm now definitely going on the Friday!

Hopefully see some of you there

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nice, I'll be there on Friday too, although for how long I don't know as will have my 5 year old with me. I hope he doesn't get bored after an hour!

Speaking of which I contacted support about entry for under 6s, they said they do get in free and don't need a ticket, however if they look like they could be over 6, you should bring ID for them.

lejackal

Grand Master
Nice, I'll be there on Friday too, although for how long I don't know as will have my 5 year old with me. I hope he doesn't get bored after an hour!

Speaking of which I contacted support about entry for under 6s, they said they do get in free and don't need a ticket, however if they look like they could be over 6, you should bring ID for them.
Sure he'll be fine with his driving licence 🤭

See you there Mon Capitaine. And good luck with the 5yo

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I'm not going to make it to Celebration.

I have two tickets for Friday and two for Sunday. I bought them recently so they were not posted and have to be collect at the venue.

How do I sell these on eBay and transfer ownership?

Monday tickets are still available so Lyte isn't buying them back and even though Sunday is sold out they have received no requests so are not buying for now.

I'm not going to go above the price I paid for them like others have. I would just like the money back and for someone else to enjoy the evente.

The9Jake

I have two 4-Day passes for sale if anyone is looking. Sadly I can't make the event and selling on Lyte is a joke. I have the passes in hand and can ship immediately. I live in California so it will take 1 to 2 days to depending where you live. Thanks

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yay, engineering works on Good Friday means I can't get the train! No idea how I'm going to get there now, driving from South West England to East London isn't that appealing :mad: If you are planning on getting the train, you might want to check what's running...

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I have two 4-Day passes for sale if anyone is looking. Sadly I can't make the event and selling on Lyte is a joke. I have the passes in hand and can ship immediately. I live in California so it will take 1 to 2 days to depending where you live. Thanks
Did you manage to sell them? Lyte were buying back 4 day passes and Sunday passes over the weekend. Unfortunately I feel asleep after work and missed the chance to get some of thr money back.

I doubt people will be looking for tickets now.

Another kick in the pants is that I asked my boss to cancel the days off I had booked. Work is incredibly busy and we are understaffed so I assumed he would be happy to have more people on but I had to remind him yesterday that he hadn't changed it and when he finally did it he didn't give me any shifts for those days.

I don't mind the kids of all this money but I won't even have had the fun that cost all the money, :p

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So not only are trains not running, the geniuses have closed the Elizabeth line this weekend too! Are they trying to make it impossible to get to this event!?

BabyAckbar

Padawan
So not only are trains not running, the geniuses have closed the Elizabeth line this weekend too! Are they trying to make it impossible to get to this event!?
I doubt they've taken the event into consideration at all. Celebration would be a relatively small affair - each day probably no different to a football match. And Easter isn't like Christmas or a royal coronation (which is probably why the works are being done now) - I doubt this particular holiday brings the hordes into the city.

I think any blame should fall on the organisers - major transport disruptions are something they should be monitoring. Public works are scheduled far in advance and the powers that be make the information available.

The buses and DLR will still be running.

I'm regretting now that I agreed to cancel the trip. Details don't matter but I think the reason for cancelling could have been moved to another time. I now have lost interest in even watching it on YouTube.

Lesson learned though.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Did you manage to sell them? Lyte were buying back 4 day passes and Sunday passes over the weekend. Unfortunately I feel asleep after work and missed the chance to get some of thr money back.

I doubt people will be looking for tickets now.

Another kick in the pants is that I asked my boss to cancel the days off I had booked. Work is incredibly busy and we are understaffed so I assumed he would be happy to have more people on but I had to remind him yesterday that he hadn't changed it and when he finally did it he didn't give me any shifts for those days.

I don't mind the kids of all this money but I won't even have had the fun that cost all the money, :p
Sorry to hear that mate

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Yay, engineering works on Good Friday means I can't get the train! No idea how I'm going to get there now, driving from South West England to East London isn't that appealing :mad: If you are planning on getting the train, you might want to check what's running...
Good luck Edd

UKS

Jedi Knight
Im Here with my kids. It's far too packed. Can't see anything or doing anything. I've been wondering around and no one has checked any passes anywhere so far. Kids are grumpy and hot and stressed by the huge queues so we are dumping it and going outside to do something else. Echo is a 1000 times the event this is! What a waste of cash!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Im Here with my kids. It's far too packed. Can't see anything or doing anything. I've been wondering around and no one has checked any passes anywhere so far. Kids are grumpy and hot and stressed by the huge queues so we are dumping it and going outside to do something else. Echo is a 1000 times the event this is! What a waste of cash!
Sorry to hear that.

UKS

Jedi Knight
It improved once the crowds died down. It was too packed for the layout originally. The fan things were fun and the kids liked that - the couple of Lucasfilm things were ok in the end but nothing special. I bet sat and sun with Ewan, Hayden et al will be better. I was surprised how much the OT wasn't as prominent as I'd thought - and how multinational the audience was. Nearly
All the cosplayers were continental European.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
That kind of worry is why I had not taken my nephew before.

lejackal

Grand Master
C4D7DAA8-43DA-490E-89D7-C3925A566B8F.jpeg

Great to finally meet @Clarkspie&chips

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom