Car boot find!

starshipriot

Jedi Master
I mentioned a couple of times how my Dad has rang me from car bootsales with finds for me now. I was down visiting my folks a few weeks back and had a wander around a few car boots with them and I found a stall selling a few vintage bits!
I only picked this up though.

5fnczp.jpg

I paid a fiver for it, probably too much considering its missing a lot and needs some work. The bloke was also selling a slave I which was missing a wing, cockpit, door and ramp for a tenner, and a rebel transport missing the everything bar the outer shell for a tenner.
But for a fiver I couldnt leave it. I dont own one anymore so might be something I can add to when I find parts. It was the first star wars vehicle I owned as a kid!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Quality, mate :) I couldn't have left it there for a fiver either. Whether it's worth the money or not irrelevant. A Slave I and Reb Transport aren't uncommon as shells but there's something about that poor old Imperial Transport that screams "Save me!!!"

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Agreed, I would not have left it behind. Think of it as a project, slowly collecting all the bits to make it complete again, and think of the satisfaction you'll have when you clean it!

Sometimes collecting isn't always about spending £100's on a grail piece, it's about the buzz, the hunt and the pleasure of turning something that should be in a bin into a cracking little display piece ;)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice rescue 8) love it, as said its now a project to get it back to its former glory, I don't have one either mate, so would have done the same. List the parts you need on a thread and see if any of the guys have any, you never know :D

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I used to love the buzz of car boot finds back in the mid 90's. Shed loads of finds week in week out. Me and fellow member Clarks pie & chips used to compete for best finds. I was nicknamed 'Hawkeye'!!

Sabreman

Padawan
Good find I would have bought it, I go to my local carboot every Sunday morning as early as I can. I sometimes find the odd bit, but that many people are looking for the same thing you have to be lucky.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Perfect example of what is still out in the wild and a great buy in my opinion at a fiver. Take your time and enjoy the restoration! 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
This is a great price for 2 original restraints! These are a bugger to get hold of!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Imperial-Troop-Transporter-Prisoner-Restraints-Original-/282124160319?hash=item41afe90d3f:g:gWIAAOSwqfNXpKCO

Hopefully get you off to a good start :)

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Thanks guys. Yeah I was pretty chuffed! I dont know to any car boots up here near me, so was awesome to have wander around. I am not a morning person but love getting up early to have a wonder around for vintage goodies.

SublevelStudios said:
This is a great price for 2 original restraints! These are a bugger to get hold of!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Imperial-Troop-Transporter-Prisoner-Restraints-Original-/282124160319?hash=item41afe90d3f:g:gWIAAOSwqfNXpKCO

Hopefully get you off to a good start :)

I missed these unfortunately! Thank you though mate.

stormcab

Sith Lord
A much more realistic find compared to these Facebook ones that look like they just stumbled upon a toyshop that was boarded up fully stocked in 1985 with the tag "see, these finds are still out there".

Lindo

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
A much more realistic find compared to these Facebook ones that look like they just stumbled upon a toyshop that was boarded up fully stocked in 1985 with the tag "see, these finds are still out there".

aint that the truth mate

stormcab

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
And is it just me that finds the phrase 'MAIL CALL!' really cringe-worthy?

Getting proper up my nose. What really gets my back up is when they say "haul" then just leave you hanging wondering where it was found. There is then 20 comments asking that. Piss off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom