Car Boot Find!

CampbellCabs

Youngling
It has the leathery textured cape with no COO. Its a British version I think? (Would stand to reason as the falcon is made in Britain too and thats where I am). Do you guys need any more pics? I saw somewhere that a certain Vader cape has a small 'step' along the edge. It has that, whatever that means?

Banton989

Jedi Knight
The textured cape is usually only found on the Dutch Clipper Darth, he should have slightly bigger feet too. If you take a pic of the COO on the back of his leg I can tell you 100%

Adam

CampbellCabs

Youngling
Vader detail

Attachments

• 1-P1070345.JPG
    1-P1070345.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 402
  • 3-P1070341.JPG
    3-P1070341.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 2-P1070338.JPG
    2-P1070338.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 400

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Yep, congrats mate, 100% Clipper. All kinds of stuff from overseas made its way here.and vice versa!

Adam

Banton989

Jedi Knight
Not the rarest, but rarer than some. Worth about £15 without sabre as oppossed to £5 for Kenner or Palitoy

Adam

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great stuff :D

A lot of collectors strive to build collections of the figures that they had as a child, so to have the actual ones is extra special
Stick around the forum, you'll get to learn, and add to your collection

Some really good guys on here that are always happy to advise, and have a bit of fun into the bargain

Great Falcon :D

poncho

Grand Master
figs are worth £1.50 - £3
falcon with beat up box £35
if it has training ball on a string, the gunners chairs, ramp and the rails (i.e complete) id say £45

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
CampbellCabs said:
Hi Guys,

I'm a total newbie here but a long time Star Wars Fan. I was born in 1978 and used to own a vast range of the toys until I sold them all in my front garden to my mates for the price of a Mars Bar.

Now my own son is 5 and its come full circle - hes my padowan and a total Star Wars buff, I'd say he rivals my own knowledge!

My Dad is an avid car boots sales visitor and yesterday he picked up a 1983 ROTJ Millenium Falcon in the box (which he bought for my son). If that wasn't excitement, inside were 10 figures including a 1977 Darth Vader with cape.

So here I am, looking for any knowledge that you folk can share on the rarity of the find!

Here are the details:

Loose 4 inch Figures:
Darth Vader - No COO GMFGI 1977 Palitoy
Bonda Babba - Walrus Man Hong Kong GMFGI 1978
Skywalker as X-Wing Pilot No COO GMFGI 1978
ESB Tie Pilot Hong Kong LFL 1982
Chewbacca No COO GMFGI 1977
Leia - Bounty Hunter - Boushh Taiwan LFL 1983
Leia - Hoth Outfit No COO LFL 1980
ROTJ Nikto No COO LFL 1983
ROTJ Han Solo No COO LFL 1984
ESB AT-AT Commander Hong Kong LFL 1980

Craft:
Boxed Millenium Falcon Vehicle ROTJ England Clipper 1983

Thanks,
Andy

Can I ask, what did he pay Andy?

CampbellCabs

Youngling
I'm not sure, my wife collected the kids from the grandparents house and it came home in the boot of the car. She said 'your Dad sent down some star wars stuff' so I just expected the norm.

It was like a scene from a movie when I opened the boot LOL. Not every day you see an original Falcon (especially in the box). The only time I've personally seen one, it was in a glass case at a Star Wars convention!

Stunned :)

I'll ask him later!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom