Bloody Smokers!

indianawars

Sith Lord
Okay, this isn't a bash on smokers, live and let live I say. As long as you don't blow it in my face, I'm okay about it all.

But what annoys me are sellers who don't disclose in the listings that they are smokers and the item has been exposed to the smoke.

I've just received an item which I have been actively searching for, nothing that would interest you guys, but I've been pretty excited about the arrival of it. The problem is, it isn't a figure but a boxed item. So I can't just give it a bloody good wash, and most of the smell is gone.

Condition wise the box is in great shape. But the stench is really putting me off. If I had known about the smoke smell, I would have thought twice about purchasing it or at least paying the asking price.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree. The only time an eBay listing ever mentions smoking is when the seller thinks to say that the item comes from a non-smoking home. When have you ever seen a listing reading, 'Comes from a home reeking of cigarette smoke and hundreds of dogs and cats. Item will not only stink of fags and pets, but will also be coated in tar and cat hair'?

If it's really bad on the item you bought, I think you'd be perfectly within your rights to return it for a full refund on the grounds of undeclared damage to the item.

lejackal

Grand Master
Sorry to read this, I'm an ex smoker who's parents still smoke, I literally have to shower after visiting them :cry:

Anyway, you should be able to get the smell out by putting the item in something like a pillow case with some tumble dryer sheets for 24 hours.

Good luck!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
To my mind it's as worthy a mention in a listing as any other damage; rips, water damage, stains etc.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Is it bicarbonate of soda that rips the smell out? I can't remember but its worth looking that up.

Whatever it is, stick it in a Tupperware pot with the stuff and the smell will go.

indianawars

Sith Lord
Luckily Carl's method seems to have worked wonders! The smell is virtually gone. Thanks for the advice buddy.

On a side note, it appears that eBay doesn't except smoke smell as a valid reason for an item not as described unless the listing says 'from a smoke-free house' :roll:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
indianawars said:
Luckily Carl's method seems to have worked wonders! The smell is virtually gone. Thanks for the advice buddy.

On a side note, it appears that eBay doesn't except smoke smell as a valid reason for an item not as described unless the listing says 'from a smoke-free house' :roll:

Nice one. Thing with fag smoke if you have never smoked in your like like me you smell it a lot more. Its horrible and the yellowing, yuck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom