Battlefront

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
sith-smith said:
What sort of price for this game on a PC?
I paid £36 with one bit of DLC, which was through a site my bro recommended. I can't remember what it's called but I'll ask him

sith-smith

Grand Master
I found this one.

But it's talking about 3 different editions.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/star-wars-battlefront/pc-download/base-game/ultimate-edition

If I get this game is it basically going to get to the point where I have to buy new stuff/pay for upgrades/explansions, having already bought the original game?

Section 8

Sith Lord
Played it for the 1st time yesterday. Had to invert the controls to fly and ships, otherwise was hopeless. Graphics are excellent. So far found the Jedi controls and skills to be basic and poor, but have only controlled Vader. Unsure of the longevity it has, although I enjoy online battles.

x-pack

Grand Master
Section 8 said:
Played it for the 1st time yesterday. Had to invert the controls to fly and ships, otherwise was hopeless. Graphics are excellent. So far found the Jedi controls and skills to be basic and poor, but have only controlled Vader. Unsure of the longevity it has, although I enjoy online battles.

The Hero controls are a bit pants. Game has as many bad features as it does good. Still a decent game though. Takes some getting used to before the love sets in.

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight
I got my son a PS4 with this game for Christmas and usually I only game on the PC so didn't think i'd like.Tried it on Boxing Day and couldn't put the controller down,I ended up with a sore neck and shoulders that day,it's quite addictive!
I only play 'Supremacy' mode on it and I play for a couple of hours most days,only 3 more levels until i unlock 'Biker Scout'.

yoda

Sith Lord
Just wanting to know is the whole game one big mission? Or do you pick which battle you want to be in? And once it is finisded do you pick another mission for example is it like call of duty? Or s there one big story that you are playing like metal gear solid where the game works towards the end. Have heard different reviews about it?

x-pack

Grand Master
yoda said:
Just wanting to know is the whole game one big mission? Or do you pick which battle you want to be in? And once it is finisded do you pick another mission for example is it like call of duty? Or s there one big story that you are playing like metal gear solid where the game works towards the end. Have heard different reviews about it?

It's almost exactly like COD. Not quite as sophisticated in terms of features though. You chose which game mode you want - Supremacy, Heros VS Villains, Droid Run etc. Most game modes are like COD where you have to defend a base, capture the flag, team death match. Battlefront has the walker assault mode though, which is what it sounds like, and the air battle with Tie Fighters vs X-wings. Both very cool.

But yes it's essentially COD with Star Wars.

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight

The online 'Supremacy' mode is very similar to the 'Battlefield' series of games where you have to capture bases on fairly large maps to win the game.The game is made by 'DICE' who also make the 'Battlefield' series.So as well as infantry you get to use different vehicles depending on which map and side you are playing.
Also on this mode if you get a Hero pickup you get to play as a major hero or villain:Vader,Luke,Emperor,Boba,Emperor,Han or Leia.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Played it a bit more, and getting to like it more. Can be frustrating though when you do nothing but die. :D

Choosing the right gun and equipment for the battle is important. I like the droid run, and have downloaded he Jakku battle map which is ace.

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight
Theres a patch coming tomorrow.Should live a bit longer now lol 8)

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/25232/star-wars-battlefront-january-update-ps4-pc-x1

Also an announcement on future content:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/25246/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom