Bargains we have bought lately

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hey guys and girls :D I'm always after a bargain on eBay, I do often offer peeps buy it nows and I have had some great buys in the past, have you dudes had any great buys lately? I'll kick it off with my best buy in ages that arrived in the post today :)

Was on eBay last week and I was after a boxed snowspeeder, I was watching a few that sold for between £35-£40 plus postage, anyway I noticed a ESB one so I offered the guy a buy it now for £35.00 he said he would like more, so I thought it looks good so offered £40.00 he then asked if I could push it up abit more as he felt it was worth more, I asked him if the lights and sound work, he said he didn't know as he had bought it from a toy fair and had never tried it, so I just assumed they wouldn't work and wished him the best with his sale, I kept my eye on the auction and put a max bid in of £28.45, his starting bid was £10.10 tbh I didn't think I had a chance in winning it but sometimes you get lucky :D I couldn't believe it when I won the auction and me being the only bidder I only paid £10.10 :lol: I was well chuffed, anyway been working at home today and my parcel arrived couldn't wait to bust through the box and put the speeder in my new display, the ESB box is in great condition no tears or rips only thing wrong with the box is there is a small hole where the end of the laser has popped through other than that great, the speeder to my delight is nr mint only fault one tiny sticker missing, and I couldn't believe it when I put some batteries in and the lights and sound works too :eek: so that's my great bargain this week how about you guys?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Nice score Scott, it's awesome when you bid on something and for some reason the planets align and everyones else forgets to bid. On the other hand it sucks when you're the seller :lol:

I'm hoping to take delivery of a piece I'll consider my best bargain to date tomorrow but I'd have to say my best so far would be when I first started collecting on Ebay and an auction with a BIN of $60 appeared about 1am. It had a shitty out of focus mobile phone pic of a bunch of loose figures and all the description said was 60 star wars figures for $60.

I hit the BIN and to my surprise a few days later a parcel arrives with sixty near mint figures with about 95% of their weapons and accessories. Instant collection, only problem is I remember thinking this is easy and I spent the next few months waiting for the next bargain to come along, but as we all know they are few and far between.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TwistedMetal said:
Hey guys and girls :D I'm always after a bargain on eBay, I do often offer peeps buy it nows and I have had some great buys in the past, have you dudes had any great buys lately? I'll kick it off with my best buy in ages that arrived in the post today :)

Was on eBay last week and I was after a boxed snowspeeder, I was watching a few that sold for between £35-£40 plus postage, anyway I noticed a ESB one so I offered the guy a buy it now for £35.00 he said he would like more, so I thought it looks good so offered £40.00 he then asked if I could push it up abit more as he felt it was worth more, I asked him if the lights and sound work, he said he didn't know as he had bought it from a toy fair and had never tried it, so I just assumed they wouldn't work and wished him the best with his sale, I kept my eye on the auction and put a max bid in of £28.45, his starting bid was £10.10 tbh I didn't think I had a chance in winning it but sometimes you get lucky :D I couldn't believe it when I won the auction and me being the only bidder I only paid £10.10 :lol: I was well chuffed, anyway been working at home today and my parcel arrived couldn't wait to bust through the box and put the speeder in my new display, the ESB box is in great condition no tears or rips only thing wrong with the box is there is a small hole where the end of the laser has popped through other than that great, the speeder to my delight is nr mint only fault one tiny sticker missing, and I couldn't believe it when I put some batteries in and the lights and sound works too :eek: so that's my great bargain this week how about you guys?

Great story mate, you nearly saved £30 and the seller may have learned a lesson to take the offer next time :D

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Wish I could get a bunch of loosies for that price mate and in that condition :)

I would have paid that bit more I think Pomse had he have tried the electrics, glad he hadn't now :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TwistedMetal said:
Wish I could get a bunch of loosies for that price mate and in that condition :)

I would have paid that bit more I think Pomse had he have tried the electrics, glad he hadn't now :D

Nice to see you are lucky :wink:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great stroy Scott, always nice to grab a bargain. Didn't you sell me some ESB Snowspeeder instructions many moons ago? Should have kept 'em :wink:

PIGCITY said:
Bought a sweet 2 grams of weed in Amsterdam for only 9€

:D

Bloody hell mate, you pay £20 for that over here :lol: :lol:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
Great stroy Scott, always nice to grab a bargain. Didn't you sell me some ESB Snowspeeder instructions many moons ago? Should have kept 'em :wink:

PIGCITY said:
Bought a sweet 2 grams of weed in Amsterdam for only 9€

:D

Bloody hell mate, you pay £20 for that over here :lol: :lol:

I know, we don't really smoke that much any more so left a packet of Baccy, lighter, skins and the aforementioned 'Doobage' on a wall by Central Station if anyone wants it

x-pack

Grand Master
A couple of months ago I got three ESB reseals for about $5 each. Unfortunately the postage from the US wiped out my bargain :roll:

Weed ain't weed these days. The smell alone of that dried out garbage everyone smokes now is like ****. No thanks :|

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
My best ever ebay bargain was in 2004, a lovely Kenner 21 back Death Star Droid for £27, including postage. It was poorly listed, title simply said 'Star Wars robot' and one bad photo. But I could tell it wasn't a repro or reseal, and with a 99p start price I went for it, never expecting to win or get it for that price.

Jez

Sith Lord
Some people are just dumb.

Its never best to list items which end during the working day, but even more dumb ass to list simple stuff with no postage option.
These 2 were listed as collection only, seller will not post/deliver.

I messaged the seller asking if he/she would reconsider posting the items to me, suggesting that they just add some money to my bill, as they should def not be selling for that low and i'd like to bid.
The seller didn't reply.
I don't know anyone in Southampton so let it go.
Someone got a bargain!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-slave-1-/281171521453?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item417720efad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Imperial-Troop-Transport-Vehicle-/281171526175?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item417721021f

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Fishtalk said:
My best ever ebay bargain was in 2004, a lovely Kenner 21 back Death Star Droid for £27, including postage. It was poorly listed, title simply said 'Star Wars robot' and one bad photo. But I could tell it wasn't a repro or reseal, and with a 99p start price I went for it, never expecting to win or get it for that price.

:shock: Very Nice mate :)

kieatky

Jedi Master
This lot arrived yesterday, negotiated a price of £180 with the seller as a 'buy it now' not exactly cheap but still a bargain, even more so when she advised me she'd found a few more accessories and would send them as well. She put the extra bits in an envelope inside the box, first thing that fell out was an Amanaman staff, well chuffed :D

kieatky

Jedi Master
Yeah Iain, it was kind of a good score. The imperial Gunner is mint (he's gone straight into my display, was better than the one I had). Also included in the accessories she found but not pictured where Luke Poncho's belt and weapon, Lando's Cape, Romba's (correct) spear and quite a few basic blasters. I've now managed to get my spare set of last 17 upto about 10 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom