Ballpark going rate for 12back C9 Politoy set

Palifan

Sith Lord
I totally agree that it ended up being a horrible situation and I still can't quite work out how it all got as far as it did in the first place. With the show though it's just about seeing those juicy vintage items although sometimes it would be good to hear a little more information about them than just reading what's written on the box.

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
He got the zombies sucked in to his fake ass show! That dude is a closet freak for sure! I'm down with Todd, not watching his show at all! And will not support him in anyway. Wouldn't even talk to him if I saw him, actually I would report his pedophile ass to the po po! :twisted:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Good to see you're keeping this thread alive (we can always rely on you Todd, it's good to know! :D ).

I was surprised at the amount he got for the graded set as I priced up recent sales on ebay for a full AFA 12 back set and it came out at around $15k. I guess the guy didn't have to do the hunting but for $10k I think I would have (well who knows if I had that sort of change hanging around).

I did see Jordan the other day at a convention and asked him about the Palitoy set he had. He told me he still has it and that he graded it with most of them getting 80-85 and the DSC getting a 90 :eek: . Not sure if he thought I was talking about the Kenner set as he did tell me a while ago that the Palitoy set had gone but there's some big money there if they did get those grades. The other thing he was more than aware of was the whole TT saga and was pretty shocked about it all.

For what it's worth I found him ok to have a quick chat with and I do enjoy the show as it's always nice to see what vintage gems people have tucked away. I know there's a show set in London as he bought Jim Stevenson's sealed Palitoy Death Star from him ( of which I think he had 2 at one point). It'll be interesting to see what gets found on our home turf.

Ian

That Death Star wasn't sealed, the void sticker was applied and the box did have a bit of significant damage one end and Jim still wanted 2K :shock:
To b fair it was all there in the original inner bags, they were not sealed either but it is the best DS I have seen come up for sale since Jim sold his personal example a few years ago(which was one of the two u r referring to) which was as good as it gets with sealed inner bags, unapplied void sticker and virtually mint box 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Interesting that it wasn't sealed when I was told it was……..makes me wonder about the grading of the Palitoy 12 back set. :?

Still, the price you mentioned was also what I was told so nothing to hide there and it'll be interesting to see if Jim turns up on the show at some point (Jim can't have any SW Palitoy left, can he?).

Ian

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Interesting that it wasn't sealed when I was told it was……..makes me wonder about the grading of the Palitoy 12 back set. :?

Still, the price you mentioned was also what I was told so nothing to hide there and it'll be interesting to see if Jim turns up on the show at some point (Jim can't have any SW Palitoy left, can he?).

Ian

Handled the DS myself at Sandown Park last Sept. Jim had an unused SW X-Wing and Land Speeder from the same source too.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Good to know that things are still out ready to be found (even if it seems to be only the big dealers who ever get to discover these things........then again I guess that's why they're big dealers :lol:

Ian

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
wow.. just followed this link to this thread and skim read the entire 30 ****ing pages of hoolah. Classic forum shenanigans that should be put into a fanzine and sold for fundraising.

When anyone offers a pint to placate, I'm automatically suspicious that they have just read the "10 WAYS TO PLACATE AN ANNOYED BRITISH PERSON. #1 BUY THEM A PINT, #2 BUY THEM ANOTHER PINT, #3 BUY THEM FURTHER PINTS, SLAG OFF THE FRENCH AND SING ABOUT 2 WORLD WARS, 1 WORLD CUP DOO DAR DOO DAR DAY... etc"

I was prepared to go with the whole intern thing, having been an intern, and also had some interns in my previous work places things can get messy "Hey, why not get your intern to handle the social media for the day - AHHH - 1 x national incident over the term 'bitch' later... "

Definitely gone down in my estimation... if he'd just come here and said "You know what, I was trying to have a laugh, things got ****ed up, I am a massive twat" I'd have no problem. All a bit weird though, the whole '14 year old girl as a friend' is messed up, especially when the '14 year old girl which is a friend turns out that its a bloke etc'. TravelChannel clearly have zero PR.

The toy hunter show is too formulaic - Jordan finds toys, Jordan says his two or three catchphrases, Jordan points to things on box and reads them out, Jordan has a friend, Jordan buys toys. End.

Needs more of this

toy-hunter-201-80s-flashbax-ss-st-louis-012_596x334.jpg

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
yeah,...but she is too old. He obviously needsa 12 year old man girl. Creepy ****er. and I do not care how entertaining something is......If it is hosted by someone like this....****..might as well dig up Gary Gliter and have him host.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
yeah,...but she is too old. He obviously needsa 12 year old man girl. Creepy ****er. and I do not care how entertaining something is......If it is hosted by someone like this....****..might as well dig up Gary Gliter and have him host.

I wouldn't say the show is entertaining.. its a plastic antiques roadshow

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
naughtyjedi said:
tiefighterboy said:

I wouldn't say the show is entertaining.. its a plastic antiques roadshow

That is what I have heard from some..."yeah he is weird and a tool...but the show is entertaining."

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just wondering,

How much does a full set of kenny''s 12 ball backs go for these days , I don't fancy the politoy's

They need to be at least C8's :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom